fun with sleep talkers (NRR)

2»

Comments

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts

there was a good friend i went to school with who we used to mess with his sleep-talking if we were up hanging out and he had crashed. it was pretty fun. one time out of nowhere he told all of us that "we all just need to spread out. we need to spread out...in the universe[/b]".

I read this before going out to get some coffee. This had me cracking up every time I thought of the quote.

I had a friend who sleep-talked and had a penchant for falling a sleep when we would watch movies. Every single time he talked about basketball.

• when i was 18 i had a swedish exchange student (henrick) staying out my house, him and i became really good freinds in the 6 months we shared a room, to the point where we now consider each other brothers. One of the things that brought us together was my sleep talking. (no ayo)

One of the incidents that particularly stands out is the 2nd night he was there, i aparently said "do you want to borrow my orange crayon?" he said "nick are you awake" and i replied "just answer the question" and that was all.

Another time aparently i was mumbling about vikings, and when he inquired what i was talking about i started screaming out "THE VIKINGS, THOSE FUCKING VIKINGS" all the while still lying there looking peacefully asleep.

Is there some strange paralel between the part of the brain that makes you sleep talk/walk and the part of the brain that says "buy more records!"? seems to be alot of experience here...

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    haha...

i think in Chinese culture, when you sleep-talk all the time it means there's too much heat inside your body.

ginseng tea and all those good things are suppose to help but i've never really tried

• I am an avid sleepwalker and talker. One time I woke up on the kitchen floor and had opened all of the drawers and cabinets, set the table and piled pots and pans on the stove. Another time I woke up on the living room floor with a sharpie in my hand, walked into the bathroom and had written supercalifragilisticexpialidocious backwards three times on the mirror.
    My girl use to mess with my sleep talking too, apparently I've expressed my love for baby seals, and frosties with french fries.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    apparently I've expressed my love for baby seals, and frosties with french fries.

I think this is something all good people can agree on.

• my girlfriend tells me when i wake up about what i do in my sleep. last night i freaked out about it apparently way too cold and started trying to warm myself up. i also swear a lot too.

• My hommie in grade school was the king of the sleeptalkers--he used to spend hours of his non-waking life amusing his siblings with somnambulant non-sequiturs--like bolting out of bed and screaming "SON OF GOD...IT'S BROCCOLI".

In other non-waking news, I dated a girl while I was in college who practiced piano in her sleep. It was kind of odd waking up to her practicing Beethoven on my back and humming scales.

• In other non-waking news, I dated a girl while I was in college who practiced piano in her sleep. It was kind of odd waking up to her practicing Beethoven on my back and humming scales.

too bad she didn't play a wind instrument...

hellooooooooo is this thing on?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

In other non-waking news, I dated a girl while I was in college who practiced piano in her sleep. It was kind of odd waking up to her practicing Beethoven on my back and humming scales.

too bad she didn't play a wind instrument...

I would've gone with "she shoulda been hummin something else."

zing

• my girlfriend does all the time, but she talks in Kantonese so I dont know what shes saying. but it sure is cute.

• My hommie in grade school was the king of the sleeptalkers--he used to spend hours of his non-waking life amusing his siblings with somnambulant non-sequiturs--like bolting out of bed and screaming "SON OF GOD...IT'S BROCCOLI".

Thanks

HILARIOUS!!!

Sleep eating is kind of a wonder to me. One of my roommates' friends crashed in our living room after the bars one night and then when I woke up the next day, I noticed that a huge block of cheddar in our fridge had been gnawed on. It had all these teeth marks around the edges! he had no recollection of it. i'm surprised that choking doesn't happen more often - it seems a lot more harmful than sleep talking.

is it possible that someone could eat something like newspapers or clorox in their sleep?

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Some of my girlfriends' family are sleepeaters... the evidence is typically butter in the cereal box, cold cuts in the ice cream, etc

• God, I'm dying reading this. My girl sleep talks almost everynight and I do everything in my power to keep the conversation going.

"I need 20 ccs of saline for this patient." is a favorite, and she always talks in a very matter-of-factly way.

The best, though was one morning when I got up for work and left her sleeping, and as I was dressing, she opened her mouth wide and started moving her tounge up and down quickly. She woke up before I could take advantage of the situation, and when I asked her what she happened to be dreaming about, she said she was showing her sister that she didn't have any gum in her mouth.

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    Funniest thread ever.

I do sleep-talk, have been known to sleep-walk and sleep-beat people up. On a high-school skiing trip I beat up my friend and a girl from my class. I appearantly punched them both but they were sleeping to my right and left. About six months into my stay in Japan I started sleep-talking in japanese.

• a girlfriend saw me sleepwaving. i woke up to her giggling and she asked me what i was waving at. in my dream there was a kitten across the room with its paw up.