What ALBUMS you diggin start to finish???

yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
edited January 2018 in Music Talk

• Marcos Valle- Samba '68 (especially love those piano melodies on "she told me...")
  • Earth,Wind, and Fire- The Need of Love (pleasantly surprised by the free/spiritual jazziness of the first two joints)
  • Marc Moulin- Placebo Sessions (this comp. will do for now. As if Placebo needs more appreciating but still. i listened to this for like a month straight. i'm back to listening to it again. Shit really is incredible.)

Comments

• rookrook 357 Posts
    shadow huntaz :corrupt data
    diplo: florida
    miles davis: kind of blue
    neil young: zuma
    cannibal ox: cold vein
    james brown: payback

ill have to check that marc moulin

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    shadow huntaz :corrupt data
    diplo: florida
    miles davis: kind of blue
    neil young: zuma
    cannibal ox: cold vein
    james brown: payback

ill have to check that marc moulin

Check out the Humpty Dumpty track by Placebo(Marc Moulin), that shit is so sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet !

• Sly - Fresh.

Pure genius.

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    Sly - Stand!

Pure genius.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Lamont Dozier - Out Here On My Own - ABC
    ...for a 70's record with all love songs and heavy strings, this shit is TOUGH!

Bar-Kays - Gotta Groove - Volt
    ...just got this one at the record show on sunday, and have played it 4 times front to back already. totally dope, so ill...

Lee Hazlewood - Trouble is a Lonesome Town - Mercury
    ...the original "concept album?" probably...pre-dates all that British Invasion stuff, and Lee narrates between intertwined tracks this tale of a town full of lovers and losers. Amazing start to finish, except the last track on each side of my LP has a hole punched through it

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Aquashow - Elliot Murphy

"How's the Family" is one of the saddest mid-tempo songs ever.Bleak and inspiring. But the whole LP is great all the way down the line.

• bo hanson-magician hat
    • weather report-mysterious traveler
    • mavin gaye-trouble man

• Really it??s a shame -

but the only one without need to skip anything is Blood Sweat and Tears 2 to me.

Why the hell am I spending money on records ??????????

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    Marcos Valle- Samba '68 (especially love those piano melodies on "she told me...")

such a greatl il record...

I've gone start to finish no skippin to these this week:

Marcus Valle - Previsio de Tempo

Sly - Fresh (still busting that japanese version posted awhile back THANK YOU)

Pavement - Crooked Rain Crooked Rain (LA's Desert Origins edition... that was too much pavement in one sitting but i did make it through for old times sake)

Metallica - Master of Puppets

Annie - Anniemal

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Am I the only one would can listen to just about all my albums from start to finish??

nope. I don't keep records that are not good all the way through...

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Here are some of my favorite "start-to-finish" jawns (off top):

-Cosign on "Fresh".

-Cosign on "Magician's Hat".

-"I Want You"-Marvin Gaye.

-"Talking Book" and "Songs in the Key of Life"-Stevie Wonder.

-"Off the Wall"-Michael Jackson.

-"Hissing of Summer Lawns" and "Court and Spark"-Joni Mitchell.

-"Tapestry"-Carole King.

-"Everything is Everything"-Donny Hathaway.

-"First Take"-Roberta Flack.

-"I Have a Good Feelin'"-William D. Smith.

-"Exodus" and "Kaya"-Bob Marley and the Wailers.

-"Legalize It"-Peter Tosh.

-"Maiden Voyage"-Herbie Hancock.

-"Giant Steps"-John Coltrane.

-"Ptah the El Dauod"-Alice Coltrane.

-"4"-Soft Machine.

-"S/T" and "Paranoia"-Black Sabbath.

-any early Led Zeppelin.

-"Shades of Deep Purple"-Deep Purple.

-"Osmium"-Parliament.

-"America Eats Its Young"-Funkadelic.

-"Last Days and Times", "Gratitude", "Spirit", and "I Am"-Earth, Wind, and Fire.

-"Still Bill" and "Menagerie"-Bill Withers.

-"Sleeping Gypsy"-Michael Franks.

-"Aja"-Steely Dan.

-"Rocks, Peebles, and Sand"-Stanley Clarke.

-"Light Up the Night"-The Brothers Johnson.

-"The Dude"-Quincy Jones.

-"So Far"-Crosby, Stills, Nash, & Young.

I'll stop now, but there are more...

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• DenmarkVZDenmarkVZ 397 Posts
    -"4"-Soft Machine.

Funny you should say. I always loved 1-3 and just recently got from 4-7. I found 4 to be my least favorite becuase I felt like it was thrown together during significant personal shift. Seemed to lack the cohesion of 3rd. Sounded more like outakes from 3. Just could not feel it. I like 5 and 6 alot though.

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts
    -"4"-Soft Machine.

Funny you should say. I always loved 1-3 and just recently got from 4-7. I found 4 to be my least favorite becuase I felt like it was thrown together during significant personal shift. Seemed to lack the cohesion of 3rd. Sounded more like outakes from 3. Just could not feel it. I like 5 and 6 alot though.

wrong

michael franks - art of tea
    mark almond - II
    king crimson - islands
    montreal - summers night

-"4"-Soft Machine.

Funny you should say. I always loved 1-3 and just recently got from 4-7. I found 4 to be my least favorite becuase I felt like[/b] it was thrown together during significant personal shift. Seemed to[/b] lack the cohesion of 3rd. Sounded more like outakes from 3. Just could not feel it[/b]. I like[/b] 5 and 6 alot though.

wrong[/b]

oh. excuse me. did you not notice everything i said was couched in personal op? and you say that's wrong[/b]?

fucking hug a nut. i hate that shit.

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts

oh. excuse me. did you not notice everything i said was couched in personal op? and you say that's wrong[/b]?

you are so fun to get upset

oh. excuse me. did you not notice everything i said was couched in personal op? and you say that's wrong?

you are so fun to get upset

WRONG

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Toad s/t..just got it and heard it all for the first time(been after their 2nd LP "Tomorrow Blue" for awhile now)...good god, why isnt his name mentioned more often?...dude is pure fire..further proof that Clapton cant play shit when compared to his contemporaries, this dude is what rock guitar is all about(he was also a founding member of Brainticket, so he is a psych genius as well)
    Vic Vergeat

• thunk1thunk1 8 Posts
    lately...

The Specials-S/T
    Chick Corea-Return To Forever
    T-Connection-Magic
    The Piano Scene Of Ahmad Jamal
    Jeremy Steig-Energy
    Massive Attack-Mezzanine
    Shuggie Otis-Freedom Flight
    Johnny Nash-I Can See Clearly Now
    Bill Withers-Still Bill
    Ramsey Lewis Trio-Upendo Ni Pamoja

-e

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    -"4"-Soft Machine.

Funny you should say. I always loved 1-3 and just recently got from 4-7. I found 4 to be my least favorite becuase I felt like[/b] it was thrown together during significant personal shift. Seemed to[/b] lack the cohesion of 3rd. Sounded more like outakes from 3. Just could not feel it[/b]. I like[/b] 5 and 6 alot though.

wrong[/b]

Soft Machine is definitely the JOINT !!! The 4th LP is more dreamy/floating/mellowish, and not as progfunky as the other SM albums from that period (CBS 1970-73)...they are all d-o-p-e !
    Peace-

• this record is the shit. bye

this record is the shit. bye

yes it is. But IMO opinion, this one's even better.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I listened to Odyssey/Oracle start to finish on my way into the city (pausing to repeat "Care Of Cell 44" three times) and it's better than most of the shit mentioned in this thread

• this record is the shit. bye

admit it.

You've actually been covertly sustaining aural bliss by listening repeatedly to a quadraphonic copy of "Mister Magic" in it's entirety.

(yeah, I know, tepid.)

• dude your homynym game is all fucked up. mister magic gives me oral bliss.

• schnipperschnipper 528 Posts
    Been listening to Arthur Russell - World of Echo reissue a bunch, especially side three on repeat. (Finding this to be not as to my taste as Calling Out of Context, though.) Mary Lou Williams - Black Christ of the Andes for the second full time today right now.

• I new it!

Here's my long listen for the day, I know it's obvious and only one track per side but still...

I listened to Odyssey/Oracle start to finish on my way into the city (pausing to repeat "Care Of Cell 44" three times) and it's better than most of the shit mentioned in this thread

Which confirms it.

"Odyssey/Oracle" IS the new "Pet Sounds"!

but Care of Cell 44 is the mad phat bomb.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

Which confirms it.

"Odyssey/Oracle" IS the new "Pet Sounds"!

but Care of Cell 44 is the mad phat bomb.

Semi-related; I'm with a ladyfriend having a post-flea-market coffee and "Wouldn't It Be Nice" comes on the house system. I proclaim my love for the record and she goes, "hmm. Well, yeah I guess it is a good song. I never really thought about it like that... it just brings back memories of camp and Jr. High and stuff."

• phono13phono13 842 Posts
    As of late:

Soul

Jazz

Rock

Reggae ...barrington levy - prison oval rock