costa rica

youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
anyone been there? how is it? peace, stein. . .

Comments

• Goood place. Surfed all winter and lived on the beach three years ago there. Met cool Rastas.

• records? peace, stein . . .

• records? peace, stein . . .

Scored some good reggae(Big thing There), and some Latin shiz...

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    SEX RESORT

:real pervs know the deal:

• SEX RESORT

f'real? homegirl of mine said it was on some family steez. dirt biking and things of that nature. peace, stein. . .

• SEX RESORT

f'real? homegirl of mine said it was on some family steez. dirt biking and things of that nature. peace, stein. . .

I think he is referring to those gated community dream vacations for Frat Boys, Hedonism deals. They have them in Jamaica too. Not really the best way to experience the culture. Did have sex with purty felines while there though.

SEX RESORT

I think he is referring to those gated community dream vacations for Frat Boys, Hedonism deals. They have them in Jamaica too. Not really the best way to experience the culture. Did have sex with purty felines while there though.
    I saw some scantily clad documentary on sex resorts in Costa Rica and some other Island.

They were on some other level, it wasn't just sex but you got a women for a weekend. Like a girlfriend. She would watch movies with you and hang out with you and shit. It was really weird. Kind of repulsive when you thought about it. Oddly enough, most of the women were from the Eastern Bloc and not island locals. There were maaaaaad computer science nerds up in that resort.

I wouldn't recommend visiting a sex resort, though. They're getting a new science center though, my friend was supposed to fly down there to set it up.

• GambleGamble 844 Posts

They were on some other level, it wasn't just sex but you got a women for a weekend. Like a girlfriend. She would watch movies with you and hang out with you and shit. It was really weird. Kind of repulsive when you thought about it. Oddly enough, most of the women were from the Eastern Bloc and not island locals. There were maaaaaad science nerds[/b] up in that resort.

I wouldn't recommend visiting a sex resort, though. They're getting a new science center though, my friend was supposed to fly down there to set it up.[/b]

I think your sex-starved amigo is lying to you about the true reasons for his trip to costa rica, friend. Worse still, hes lying to himself.

HAHA!

Too bad my friend is a girl

unless................

• About 6 of my Homies been there now.
    All the pictures I've seen were

Some cute chicks too

• pknypkny 549 Posts
    I went for a week and a half with some friends a few years ago. Absolutely beautiful country, I'd love to go back one day. Didn't go looking for records, but when you're backpacking around, you gotta keep it light.

Here's a pic of the sunrise from our hotel balcony in Montezuma:

• plus, no military. veryvery very environmentally focused country...thats their greatest resource. check the rain forest and bothe the ocean and gulf beaches. if you rent a car, its worth getting a jeep.
    eat grandillas

the food wasnt out of this world, but salsa linzano is good on the rice beans and fish (the classic meal)

have fun....beeeeeautiful country.

oh yeah, volcano arenal was a tourist trap IMO...kinda booty

• /Dude speaks truths.

Also very cheap

• I lived there for a field school in college. I went as part of an anthropology project and I stayed with a family in a touristy coastal area.

I studied the effects of tourism on Costa Rican music selection in bar's and night clubs, and I got college credit for it. Good times and great people.
    Some of the other fools picked topics like farming, where they had to wake up at 5am. Yours truly was just getting in at 5am, so needless to say they were hating on me.

Quepos is the town I lived in and it is next to a popular national park and beach named Manuel Antonio. This place is so beautiful and it is really easy to get to .

Hit me up if you paln on going, and cosign on the lizano salsa, it takes beans and rice to the next level.

Where in Costa Rica did the rest of you guys go?

• pknypkny 549 Posts
    /Dude speaks truths.

Also very cheap

Co-sign on that, the place we stayed in Montezuma where I took the pic was $50/week. Not the 4 Seasons, but if all you need is a bed, a shower, and a place to keep your stuff, then it's on.

Tony, I actually dug the food there. Eating plantains and beans & rice every day is a good look in my book.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Been there 4 times, have fam there and the whole 9. One of my favorite places in the world, flat out. Plan to retire there and all that.

Whatever you do, don't go to Puerto Viejo. I don't want your tourist stink fucking up my future residence.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I was in Quepos for a week this winter, chilling, no records (didn't even think about records), just spending all day in the ocean, taking long naps with wifey, digging the monkeys when they overtook the house two afternoons, hiking a bit, etc.

Food? if you like fresh fruit, CR is your place. Agua Pipa for days. Great pineapples and coconuts, bananas, mangos, etc.

• /Dude speaks truths.

Also very cheap

Co-sign on that, the place we stayed in Montezuma where I took the pic was $50/week. Not the 4 Seasons, but if all you need is a bed, a shower, and a place to keep your stuff, then it's on.

Tony, I actually dug the food there. Eating plantains and beans & rice every day is a good look in my book.

dont get me wrong...i could eat like that all day for the rest of my life. but there was nothing (besides the fruits and great fish) dish wise that was a real stand out thing. but the quality was almost always excellent and delicious.

Manuel antonio = gorgeous. the monkeys are worth price of admisision alone.

i didnt see any of the cute lazy tree sloths. that would have made my trip

once again though...granadilla = heaven

• Amazing rain forests and coastal wildlife. Spent a few days there hiking a good while back.........If you drive outside of the major cities, DO MAKE SURE you either know basic spanish or bring someone with you who does. If not, take cabs everywhere and the driver will explain who you are without you being frisked and asked for passports, (which they might take away at any time if they get pissed). Much of the government is tied to the drug trade and the bannana industry is involved somehow, it's a real shady business since there is such a high poverty rate in so many communities. Just be respectful, and follow those parameters if you travel anywhere outside of the city.

• So no records in Costa Rica, seriously did anyone scout San Jose for dusty bins?? Going down there for three weeks in feb. Got the food and wildlife tactics but no info on spots to feed my hunger ..