5 things you'd like to do before death

2»

Comments

• Travel extensivly in the U.S

nothing interest you out of this country?

• ??? Unionize a Wall-mart or McDonalds.

my friend is in dc working on this fulltime everyday!!

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Travel extensivly in the U.S

no, I'd like to travel outside of the US as well. but, I don't really have much interst in being a "tourist". I would want to be able to speak the language & really experience the country, which would probably mean living there for a while.

??? Unionize a Wall-mart or McDonalds.

my friend is in dc working on this fulltime everyday!!

radical!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

End the 'State of Hip Hop: Corporate Thugs vs Conscious Indie MCs' debate FOREVER.

This sentiment hurtz me.

• asparagusasparagus Northampton, MA 333 Posts
    - go to graduate school
    - become an iron chef
    - get in shape, long term
    - get back to dj-ing & music making
    - make my girl happy every day

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

End the 'State of Hip Hop: Corporate Thugs vs Conscious Indie MCs' debate FOREVER.

This sentiment hurtz me.

I find that ABSURD.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Travel extensivly in the U.S

no, I'd like to travel outside of the US as well. but, I don't really have much interst in being a "tourist". I would want to be able to speak the language & really experience the country, which would probably mean living there for a while.

We've taken two car trips through the States and the first trip (Toronto straight to NO across the border to LA, up to Vegas to St.Louis and then cut across back to Toronto) was amazing/blew my mind. Up to then, I had only been to the big cities and had no idea about small town USA firsthand. Learned a fuck of a lot that trip.

Next trip was straight down to Florida, up the coast til Baltimore/DC and then cut back across to Toronto. That trip was not as amazing. The Carolinas scared me. It was horrible and eerie to drive by all the woods. I did not like the confederate flags and the fucked-up Aunt Jemima-type figurines in the truck stops either. The swimming was better but the food was no where as good as the first trip - though it's hard to beat battered okra.

• i think we got alot in common and all these things are do-able. with the exception of phill's list. thanks for the replys folks. peace, stein. . .

yeah, the US is insanely diverse. Drove from Vermont to Los Angeles last year & it blew my mind. It was like traveling to many alien worlds. Culture shock in my own country.

all these things are do-able. with the exception of phill's list.

might yet. I hear he get's "mad bitches".

• become financially self sufficient through making/playing music

help my children to become confident, intelligent and well grounded adults

support and love my girl for the rest of her days

create something worthwhile to be enjoyed by and perhaps inspire future generations

quit smoking

yeah, the US is insanely diverse. Drove from Vermont to Los Angeles last year & it blew my mind. It was like traveling to many alien worlds. Culture shock in my own country.

The thing that surprised me the most was the extent and depth of conformity in the smaller places. It wasn???t exactly like in the movies ??? people did not stop what they were doing, but we definitely got stared at a lot. There???s nothing stand-out about us either ??? normal hair, clothes, no piercing, etc ??? all the typical stare-at stuff. But somehow they knew we were not one of them, and I???m talking highway rest stops, not anywhere that it was just locals.

• 1. Become a surveyor
    2. Save for years
    3. Get into professional radio
    4. Produce some beats
    5. Start a record label
    6. Press some hip-hop records
    7. Open record store that lasts at least one year

Some aren't that necessary but I would love to do all of these even if I had to work MAD hours to achieve them.

• 1. not go broke from buying vinyl
    2. make some name for myself as far as music goes
    3. travel all over the world
    4. own something
    5. hook up with angelina jolie or shannyn sossamon..saaaweeeeeeeeet

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    1. skydive
    2. bachelors degree
    3. fly helicopter
    4. visit pyramids
    5. visit ankor wat temples, cambodia

your turn. peace, stein. . .

Hey Stein,

These are in any particular order, but here goes:

1. Scuba dive.

2. Write, produce, and perform my own R&B LP (yes, I gets busy vocally; don't sleep).
    -I've pondered this possibility since I was a teenager. I would get my music peeps to play on it as well (horns, guitars), but I'd handle the keys, vocals, and drums. I'd make a vintage, soulful, ultimate cookout/family reunion album.

3. Visit the holy lands.

4. Visit the Far East.

5. Start my own business.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    i LOVE travelling around the US. i havent done it enough...

took two weeks with my boy matt (chuckhuss) and dug around the upper midwest area. oliver (odub) accompanied us for about a week. chicago and the burbs (thanks andrew... and hammond indiana), indianapolis, dayton, columbus, the drive to toledo was scary (backroads are fun but beware of whitey... especially when you have two asian kids in the car), detroit and the surrounding areas, and then back to chicago. fun...

jason (indiana45s) and i did 8 days in indianapolis and two surrounding cities. i really liked indianapolis a lot...

did my own drive from danbury ct to philly in the snow. lots of fun in philly. dug for records in the ghetto and had some awesome food for bfast and lunch and was sleeping in the college part of town where the food was pricey but delicious.

did a crosscountry with jon (paycheck). and besides the horror of jackson cty colorado, that shit was a lot of fun...

i honestly dont care to ever travel outside of the US because there is so much here i can enjoy. i understand america and what it is to be an american a little better and travelling anywhere else in the world would of never given me that type of satisfaction... im not good with foreign languages anyway...

i LOVE travelling around the US. i havent done it enough...

took two weeks with my boy matt (chuckhuss) and dug around the upper midwest area. oliver (odub) accompanied us for about a week. chicago and the burbs (thanks andrew... and hammond indiana), indianapolis, dayton, columbus, the drive to toledo was scary (backroads are fun but beware of whitey... especially when you have two asian kids in the car), detroit and the surrounding areas, and then back to chicago. fun...

jason (indiana45s) and i did 8 days in indianapolis and two surrounding cities. i really liked indianapolis a lot...

did my own drive from danbury ct to philly in the snow. lots of fun in philly. dug for records in the ghetto and had some awesome food for bfast and lunch and was sleeping in the college part of town where the food was pricey but delicious.

did a crosscountry with jon (paycheck). and besides the horror of jackson cty colorado, that shit was a lot of fun...

i honestly dont care to ever travel outside of the US because there is so much here i can enjoy. i understand america and what it is to be an american a little better and travelling anywhere else in the world would of never given me that type of satisfaction... im not good with foreign languages anyway...

same here - well, I definitely want to keep traveling outside of Canada and the States ??? but I have to say there is a grittiness specific to n america that I love.

I would take a road trip through the States again without hesitation if I could. Despite the weird vibes here and there ??? people were friendly, helpful and straight up in their approach to us. People were greeting us and being conversational most places we went.

One of the best memories of the trip was when I fell asleep in the car in flat desert Arizona and when I woke up, it looked like we were on a different planet with giant rocks piled on top of each other and crazy shit like that. It was absolutely surreal.

The thing that surprised me the most was the extent and depth of conformity in the smaller places. It wasn???t exactly like in the movies ??? people did not stop what they were doing, but we definitely got stared at a lot. There???s nothing stand-out about us either ??? normal hair, clothes, no piercing, etc ??? all the typical stare-at stuff. But somehow they knew we were not one of them, and I???m talking highway rest stops, not anywhere that it was just locals.

I had the exact same experience.

I had the exact same experience.

Stop me if this gets boring. Driving into NO, we decided to take back roads through Louisiana, best decision we could have made ??? saw and smelled and heard things we would not have otherwise ??? houses on stilts, signs warning not to pick-up hitchhikers as they might be escaped convicts from near-by prisons and the roar that was coming out of the bogs that I guess was the collective sound of all the bugs and frogs.

It was almost July 4th so there were fireworks stands everywhere. We came across one set-up next to a gas station/general store. The stand was run by a teenage boy and girl listening to NWA on this boombox and they shut it off as soon as they noticed us walking up. Nothing like hearing NWA in the middle of a swamp. The girl flirted with *a*** like there was no tomorrow, the boy just rearranged stuff and for all they cared, I did not even exist ??? which was perfect cause I could watch the whole thing happen. We got so many fireworks that trip, it lasted us two years.

• I love travelling cross country as well, done it about 3 times. The scariest state ive ever been in was UTAH!!! I think right on the boarder, right at the entrance of Zion, that is the scariest shit of all time. We were driving through, and a Morton Feldman cd was playing -- he makes these really sparse, spooky, you've died and met god, kind of compositions -- and there was a traffic backup, because they were doing work on the road. So all the cars are travelling like ten miles per hour, and there are all these workers with hoods and goggles holding tubing with steam escaping them. Some of them holding cigarettes with vacant stares in front of these giant red rock formations -- I thought I was entering hell.

• 1. release a record
    2. find a woman (and meet michel houellebecq to tell him, that love is still possible)
    3. argue with the dalai lama
    4. visit tokyo
    5. publish my unfinished work

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    1. be happy w/ the significant other
    2. no internet for a year
    3. eat at El Bulli
    4. live like a carioca for a day
    5. visit chateau haut brion