Vestax Portable VS. Numark Poratble turntable

PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
What do you think?

Comments

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    I was just going to post this!

So far I'm leaning towards the Numark for looks, size, and the felt pads so that the records don't scratch.

However, I still have yet to hear a personal review or see one. I have used a Vestex and it was pretty nice.

• I have the Numark..and I think it's pretty good, i have it for about a year now and had no problems with it. I take it everywhere fleas,record shows,the park. i dont know shit about the Vestax player

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    Yeah I've had the Vestax and it's a little awkward as far as shape, and the handle is a little weird too. So I was leaning towards teh Numark because of the small size of it and it just seems sturdy.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    What's the deal with needle replacement on both models?

• you not using these anymore?

or for the total experience

• What do you think?

fischer price 820. peace, pres.

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    Yes the old ones are nice but what aboout needle replacemnt on those?? I know the Columbia GP3 has needle replacements and so do the Numark and Vestax. But back to teh Vestax. I've had this one for atleast two years with no problems but liek I said it's pretty big and awkward. I also don;t like the factthat it's white and you become a walking bilboard with the huge Vestax logo on the top.

• go with the numark - it's cheaper, has all the same features, is just as good quality, and I like the design better - the on off switch is a bit more out of the way so it's not as easy to accidentally hit it on and lose all your battery juice.

• I have a gp3, but I wouldn't mind having a numark as well. Where can I find gp3 needles domestically?

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    I have a gp3, but I wouldn't mind having a numark as well. Where can I find gp3 needles domestically?

Dusty Groove

• If anyone wants to read further on this topic I think there have been about 18 different threads on this exact subject in the past.

• Go with Numark. It's just perfect. Only negative comment can be said about the speaker volume, but who needs that...

• the numark far superior. vestax brok after a month. the numark sturdy. i even left it on in my bag for 10 hours the needle just dragged across the felt the whole time. the felt got a little shredded but the needle good as new. peace, stein. . .

• i've had the numark for maybe a year and a half, its nice...only wish the speaker had some more juice..buts that not a big deal...on a sidenote, i got this from guitar ctr for $99 and $20 2 year extended waranty..after using it for 6 months i put 2 different brands of batterys in it which apparently are slighty differnt sizes...i thought the turntable had a bad connection, so i called gc and they sent me a check for a replacement..turns out its fine, my dumbass put 2 differnt battery brands in it..lessoned learned..i got doubles though!! a recommend this to all.

• yea i got the numark also...i wanted the vestax though...i dont know why..but im happy with the numark..it does the trick...not like i have to play out with it

• What about the Columbia Ladybird?

Peace...
    FNM

• jenyjeny 14 Posts
    go with the numark - it's cheaper, has all the same features, is just as good quality, and I like the design better - the on off switch is a bit more out of the way so it's not as easy to accidentally hit it on and lose all your battery juice.

yes! i have same feeling on numark. i have both and like numark more (only minus is on/off switsh.