NBA 2005-2006... WHAT IT DO, BATCHES

Comments

• I think I'm sad actually. I was mad like 15 games ago. Now I'm just distraught.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    The fourth quarter was a showcase for c-team league minimum contract dudes. At one point, according to Clyde, there were two Slovenians, an Argentine, and a Kiwi on the floor, along with Nick Van Exel who was basically taking shots with his back to the basket[/b].

Fucking comical. I wish I would have saw that one.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    The fourth quarter was a showcase for c-team league minimum contract dudes. At one point, according to Clyde, there were two Slovenians, an Argentine, and a Kiwi on the floor, along with Nick Van Exel who was basically taking shots with his back to the basket[/b].

Fucking comical. I wish I would have saw that one.

This is sad

and Kurt thomas had to go 6 years ago.

I think it all started with the allan houston mad $$$ bonanza ?(i used to love that guy)

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    While everyone is bitching about their home team can I just add that the Golden Stat Warriors are beeeaaaatttccchhhhhheesssss.

After a great start they went into a nose dive beginning in December and have not pulled out of it. This will be what, the 11th year since the team made the playoffs. Knicks fans you really shouldn't be complaining compared to that horrible and sorry record.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Just read through this thread for the first time.......not much love for the Mavericks towards the beginning of the year.......Phill Most, who seems to be pretty friggin knowledgeable, didn't even have the Mavs in the Top 8 of the Western Conference.

Regardless of whether or not they win the NBA Title, there is no team in the league right now that's even a close second to how much fun Dallas is to watch.

Over the last couple of years teams like Phoenix, Sacramento and Memphis have been consistantly fun to watch.

Detroit and San Antone are the class of the league.

But no team entertains like Dallas w/Avery Johnson at the helm......in the last week they have killed Philly and come back from deficits of 19 and 24 against Toronto and Memphis.

And most fans EXPECTED them to come back from 24!!!!!

They've won 16 of the last 17.

This week's game against the Spurs will be a war.....if you haven't seen the Mavs much this year check out this game......I think it's on TNT.

• Phill Most, who seems to be pretty friggin knowledgeable hopefully makes better records than he does basketball prognotications, didn't even have the Mavs in the Top 8 of the Western Conference.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Why is A.I not on the olympic team ?

i need an answer for this bullshit

Perhaps because he's a difficult player to play with regardless of his amazing individual talent. Iverson is a volume shooter who needs the ball in his hands a lot to be effective.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Iverson is a volume shooter who needs the ball in his hands a lot to be effective.

i thought about that...... but Kobe is on the team

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Iverson is a volume shooter who needs the ball in his hands a lot to be effective.

i thought about that...... but Kobe is on the team

Kobe only has one tat on his arm.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I'm diggin Fred "Mad Dog" Carter on NBA TV studio commentary of late.

This cat's vocab always entertains me.

Best. Announcer. Ever.

"Dishing and swishing"
    "Rebounding and astounding"
    "Omniscient on the offensive glass"

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

TOO OLD.

They want a core youth team that can play in the following Olympics as well.
    Like the rest of the world, they want a real TEAM, not a thrown together mix-tape of over marketed pop bangers that dont go together.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts

TOO OLD.

Like the rest of the world, they want a real TEAM, not a thrown together mix-tape of over marketed pop bangers that dont go together.

that is not a good reason. the first two dream teams were not made up of the same players and they rolled through everyone. it is a disgrace that AI is not one of the 22 prospects for the team. he made a joke that its cool with him, now he can spend the summer with his family, but regardless of whether he would have liked to be there, its f*cking up his legacy. there has never been a player AI's size who could do what he does on the court. and now coach k is saying he is not even one of the top 22 players in the nba????

TOO OLD.

that is not a good reason. the first two dream teams were not made up of the same players and they rolled through everyone.

The "Dream Team" days are fuckin' over.
    The rest of the world has surpassed the USA when it comes to TEAM play. We need a team that plays together, not a fan favorite selection. AI went already and look what happened. Dont get me wrong I love A.I., but cats like Shane Battier will know his role along side LeBron James. The days of having a 25pt scorer at every position is gone. They are building a team for the future not to please fans.

TOO OLD.

that is not a good reason. the first two dream teams were not made up of the same players and they rolled through everyone.

The "Dream Team" days are fuckin' over.
    The rest of the world has surpassed the USA when it comes to TEAM play. We need a team that plays together, not a fan favorite selection. AI went already and look what happened. Dont get me wrong I love A.I., but cats like Shane Battier will know his role along side LeBron James. The days of having a 25pt scorer at every position is gone. They are building a team for the future not to please fans.

There is no way that dudes like LUke Ridnour and Joe Johnson (both among the 22 prospects) can possibly be more helpful to team usa than AI. Just because AI takes 25 shots a game for the sixers, doesn't mean he is going to play the same way with people like Kobe and Duncan on his team.

There is no way that dudes like LUke Ridnour and Joe Johnson (both among the 22 prospects) can possibly be more helpful to team usa than AI. Just because AI takes 25 shots a game for the sixers, doesn't mean he is going to play the same way with people like Kobe and Duncan on his team.

Dogs, your not tryin to see the vision.

Best team vs best players. The last time all those all stars were bitchin about minutes.

So how do u fix that problem? Decrease the number of egos in the locker room.
    GET IT?

Dogs, your not tryin to see the vision.

Best team vs best players. The last time all those all stars were bitchin about minutes.

So how do u fix that problem? Decrease the number of egos in the locker room.
    GET IT?

i know Hoosiers is probably your favorite movie, but in reality, the team with the best players usually ends up on top. plus, if your worried about egos, how about not starting with the guy who is the hardest working (on the court) player in the nba.

i know Hoosiers is probably your favorite movie,

Dallas couldnt sustain that fire last night, WTF?

i know Hoosiers is probably your favorite movie,

Definitely have to make some adjustments before Playoff time.....SA "shut down" Dirk last night...he only had 23......Avery Johnson will have the Mavs ready for the Playoffs....whether they can beat San Antone in a series remains to be seen.

Definitely have to make some adjustments before Playoff time.....SA "shut down" Dirk last night...he only had 23......Avery Johnson will have the Mavs ready for the Playoffs....whether they can beat San Antone in a series remains to be seen.
    What else iz there to tighten up? I hope its not another Phoenix regular season abberation. last night was the time to send a message, but the Spurs have their hearts. I was routin for Dallas!!!

• Dallas couldnt sustain that fire last night, WTF?

Spurs are still the best. Props to them. Dallas has to come harder than that. Does that game negate a 19-1 run? Perhaps.

Officiating was mad last night though, but not game-changing.

Robert Horry is lame though. What was w/ the bitch-ass biting move? Fool is gonna get suspended.

Spurs are still the best.

What else iz there to tighten up? I hope its not another Phoenix regular season abberation. last night was the time to send a message, but the Spurs have their hearts. I was routin for Dallas!!!
    I think it's more game strategy than anything else......most local sports talk was saying before the game yesterday that neither coach was gonna "show their hand" so that the other could have a month to come up with an effective game plan for the Playoffs.....I think the Western Finals will come down to these two teams(unless Amare comes back in Phoenix and takes them to the next level). And I think it will be a hell of a series with whatever team gets hot or in a groove being the winner.

• Spurs are still the best.

lol. Get the fuck outta here. Who do you root for again?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    but in reality, the team with the best players usually ends up on top.

Can you explain our recent bronze-medal showing, then? We certainly had the best collection of players, but the team? Not so much.

Spurs are still the best.

C'mon dogs, I wanted/want Dallas to turn the corner. Every "contender" has to beat their demons. Until that happens, the Spurs are the best.

I'm not a Spurs fan...........Dont get it twisted.

• Spurs are still the best.

C'mon dogs, I wanted/want Dallas to turn the corner. Every "contender" has to beat their demons. Until that happens, the Spurs are the best.

I'm not a Spurs fan...........Dont get it twisted.

Naw I know man, just joshin. That was painful last night is all. The Mavs aren't going anywhere until they can stand on equal footing w/ SA. They did it for a half last night at least.

[.....I think the Western Finals will come down to these two teams(unless Amare comes back in Phoenix and takes them to the next level). And I think it will be a hell of a series with whatever team gets hot or in a groove being the winner.

I think the way the playoffs are structured, the Spurs and Mavs will meet in the 2nd round.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Sacramento, 7-3 in their last ten games. Gaining on the Laker's 8th and final playoff spot with the quickness. This is not good.

But I am actually happy for them in a way too. Artest definitely brought the life back into cow town. Artest = Tru Warier.

The Lakers are in a freefall recently. They were losing about 66% of their games for a stretch. The Kings and Utah are both clawing at the door. Not sure either one will make it in the end however.