Post the life of your nearest co-worker (NRR)

13»

Comments

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    I work in a design office. You would presume this to be a forward thinking & creative environment to work in..
    When one of our designers left the boss (who's a cunt) employed this new kid who is a really nice guy but young & very square, married childhood girlfriend, no vices, no social life etc etc. When another designer left the boss (who's still a cunt) was too lazy to look for a decent replacement so the new square guy recommended a girl he went to school with. She got the job. Also nice but also v young & square.
    Another position arose & same deal happened again so now I work with 3 people who all grew up together,
    all very young & all frustratingly conventional. We have to listen to shit commercial radio all day which drives me mad & if I dare make a comment like "robbie williams is shit" they jump down my throat like I'm just some bitter old fascist. They don't even know who Kofi Annan is!! I can't talk to them about, literature, the arts, music, politics, if I do they just look at me like a freak. So I just sit in my corner muttering to myself.
    Worst of all none of them can make a decent cup of tea, the ultimate crime in my book,

dawg, i feel you that sounds like my work.

One day was speaking about neil young for some reason. And noon knew who I was talking about. Young and old alike. Noone knew. I couldnt figure it out. So I asked about Pink Floyd, one girl says "That name sounds familar, is it a movie?"

I just sit back in my office now and ignore everyone.

Just yesterday i was talking about dry ice and one girl DIDNT KNOW WHAT DRY ICE WAS! SHE IS 29!

I also had a conversation about "white flight" and people started to giggle because it "sounded funny". I informed them that it is a real thing. Once again, noone believed me.

It really makes you understand why people follow bush. With people being this stupid, naive and unaware and unmotivated to become aware, it is not difficult to get them to follow.

• gibla74gibla74 182 Posts
    I work in a design office. You would presume this to be a forward thinking & creative environment to work in..
    When one of our designers left the boss (who's a cunt) employed this new kid who is a really nice guy but young & very square, married childhood girlfriend, no vices, no social life etc etc. When another designer left the boss (who's still a cunt) was too lazy to look for a decent replacement so the new square guy recommended a girl he went to school with. She got the job. Also nice but also v young & square.
    Another position arose & same deal happened again so now I work with 3 people who all grew up together,
    all very young & all frustratingly conventional. We have to listen to shit commercial radio all day which drives me mad & if I dare make a comment like "robbie williams is shit" they jump down my throat like I'm just some bitter old fascist. They don't even know who Kofi Annan is!! I can't talk to them about, literature, the arts, music, politics, if I do they just look at me like a freak. So I just sit in my corner muttering to myself.
    Worst of all none of them can make a decent cup of tea, the ultimate crime in my book,

dawg, i feel you that sounds like my work.

One day was speaking about neil young for some reason. And noon knew who I was talking about. Young and old alike. Noone knew. I couldnt figure it out. So I asked about Pink Floyd, one girl says "That name sounds familar, is it a movie?"

I just sit back in my office now and ignore everyone.

Just yesterday i was talking about dry ice and one girl DIDNT KNOW WHAT DRY ICE WAS! SHE IS 29!

I also had a conversation about "white flight" and people started to giggle because it "sounded funny". I informed them that it is a real thing. Once again, noone believed me.

It really makes you understand why people follow bush. With people being this stupid, naive and unaware and unmotivated to become aware, it is not difficult to get them to follow.

Well it's nice to know I'm not the only one! The scary thing is that these people aren't dumb rednecks, they're university educated & in a supposedly cool job? When I found out they didn't know who Kofi Annan was I made a comment like they really should know who he is & the girl just replied "why should I? you either know about stuff or you don't & I'm not really that interested"?! Also I once mentioned Cary Grant for some reason & they were like who? not one of them had ever heard of him, I said Cary Grant the extremely famous old hollywood actor? not a clue! They said I only knew who he was because I was older but I'm 5 years older not 50! I mumbled something about cultural awareness & retreated back to my corner
    The girl I work with is about 24 & has only been to one concert her whole life & that was Usher last year. I just don't get it. How could you have gotten through your teenage years & early twenties & not been to a single live gig, even by accident?

• chasechase 767 Posts
    E*t*r is 23 she has 5 kids, 3 fathers, 3 of the kids she acutely has, 1 of them lives with the child's father's mother, the other I think she has when she was about 15 and is in foster care. Her boyfriend and father of her last two children, Ka'nisha and Sha'mika, is about 40 years old, and not the brightest bulb in the box, his mother is a migrant pepper picker and he grew up on the road with her, I don't think he went to school that much. He also works for me. She loves to tell me she blatantly cheats on him and he doesn't do anything, I don't really take that as a come on from her because she also says she only likes black men (she's white). She also spent a long time in juvenile detention for "something she wont ever do again". Her father is in prison for the rest of his life for molesting a bunch of kids, she told me he also molested her and her siblings. She recently told me she is quitting and moving the whole family to Virginia because her mother is sick and going blind, all the while her sister is calling her mother and cursing her out about not being home to watch her kids.

On a side note about E*t*r's boyfriend, he recently told me he has eaten, possum, raccoon, and squirrel. All which came up when another employee saw a raccoon by the dumpster and said "oh look at the big coon, I want to catch him, them coon's is good eaten".. I never knew people ate raccoons.

p.s. I hate living in the south and plan to move as soon as I can.