Best coffee/ coffeespots in the US

GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
been a feind for the creme brulee coffe from the coffee bean and tea leaf. We get that shit delivered to my job so I pocket bags of it at a time and store up like chipmunks in the winter.

I've heard folks rave on Petes Coffee but that stuff tates like muddy shit to me.

Y'all may hate on Starbucks as a corporate giant but that white chocolate soy mocha shit is $4 well spent.

I'm shaking and on my 3rd cup of the day what y'all percolatin'?

Comments

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Organic French Roast ground to a pulp on Turkish setting. I love it thick and muddy.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    Y'all may hate on Starbucks as a corporate giant but that white chocolate soy mocha shit is $4 well spent.

• Stop drinking that girlie shit adam!

• http://soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=339125&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1

I like Caffe Triste in North Beach, S.F. To me that's the real deal. Italian opera on the jukebox, Old italians and beatniks on the walls.

Had my first Capp in mexico City when i was 15. Hooked was I.

They don't call me DJ Cups for my love of jockstraps although I don't mind a good bra.

• If it's real coffee you shouldn't have to drink three cups of it

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Stop drinking that girlie shit adam!

man you must not know how I roll.

Catch me flirting it up with the baristas at 8am

Find me sippin Amaretto Sours at the bar at 8pm

I've only been to NYC once but that place looks familiar. Is it around 111th st.?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    FLITING

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts

COSIGN

that is some nasty ass shit man..

i take my coffee black.. no suger

i like the following:

whole foods organic fair trade espresso roast

starbucks fair trades can be tasty

petes is aight

blue mountain from jamaica is the best coffee i've ever tasted mmmmmmmmmm

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    FLITING

Get your game up homei. You gonna be grilled on this shit this weekend

• Y'all may hate on Starbucks as a corporate giant but that white chocolate soy mocha shit is $4 well spent.

soulstrutters don't let soulstrutters drink starbucks.

"cafe du monde" in new orleans. french quarter. even though it has a touristy locale, this place can make your trip. $1 for killer cafe au lait, and $2 for beignets. powdered sugar covers the floor, quick open air table service.

"che jose" montreal. off duluth and st. denis. cheap coffee, lots of phyne girls.

"ansa" shimokitazawa, tokyo. coffee shop/specialty recordstore. super models hang there, iced coffee is $13 a glass. glass is 5" tall. i had 3 in one sitting. welll worth it!!! also had banana waffles with chocolate black beans.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

COSIGN

that is some nasty ass shit man..

i take my coffee black.. no suger

fuck that, thats just liquid beans then, I need my shit fancy and full of caffiene.

I only roll with the fancy

• everymotherfucking glass of coffee in sao paulo was record breaking.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

gotta represent lower queen anne, Seattle, soy and my girls workplace.

Catch me fliting it up with the baristas at 8am

Find me sippin Amaretto Sours at the bar at 8pm

Quick! Edit your post!

Adam: Can I have a double white mocha latte, five sugars?

Barrista: What's with his mochachocofrapalatte shit? That's what my little sister orders...

later that evening....

Adam: I'll take an amaretto sour. Lots of ice.

Bartender: Jesus, what a lightweight. I wonder if he'll ralf all over the bar if I give him some of this KetelOne?

fuck that, thats just liquid beans then, I need my shit fancy and full of caffiene.

nah man thats the REAL DEAL

screw all that mocha infused triple soy carmel latte is there actually any coffeee in the bottom of that cup of 800 calorie sugar water

i dont fuck with milk EVER and sugar is pure EVIL

LIQUID BEANS YO!!!!!!!!!

that shit will put hair on your balls man

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    LOL

FITTING!

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

gotta represent lower queen anne, Seattle, soy and my girls workplace.

Caffe Ladro is the truth people!

• didn't notice the "usa" thing in the title.

du monde it is!!

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    Black, no milk er sugar.

The spot to go for night time coffee is Stir Crazy on Melrose and La Brea. You buy one cup of coffee and they will keep filling your cup up for as long as you stay. Open till 2, and you can smoke cigarettes inside. Very cute girls behind the counter.

Nothings touching being in Italy, drinking espressos standing up at the counter though.

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    didn't notice the "usa" thing in the title.

I say the strut is international - objection overruled!

Also, this way I can promote one of my favorites - Veracruz's Gran Cafe la Parroquia:

check out those machines! They serve you the coffee in the bottom half of a tall glass, and bow-tied waiters walk around with big pots of hot milk - if you want some, you ring your spoon on the glass, and they come fill it up. Delicious, and it has the slightest caramel flavour...

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    any coffee spot that has fucking coffee right when i need it really bad is a good shop imo.

• Black, no milk er sugar.

The spot to go for night time coffee is Stir Crazy on Melrose and La Brea.

Been meaning to check this place out. The coffee's aaight?

• most mindblowing coffee I have had was in Krakow,Poland of all places...some place with "Afrika" in the name...

I think the US is on the bottom of the list in getting the best beans...I mean I have never had coffee in the states as good as abroad.

oh yeah...coffee black in the AM

Jameson on the rocks in the PM

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    pete's is nice (the italian roast)..but i also go for the costa rican blue tirrazu and some intelligentia house blend...

cosignage on the muddier he better

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    coffee in the states is about quantity. coffee anywhere else is about quality.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    this place is a block from my house, and always free. plus the girls are better looking than at ladro*

well if we have to go with USA coffee (which ranks only slightly higher than the usa's beer in terms of quality) i have to go with this spot in cambridge mass we used to chill at whenever we were playing at the middle east.

i cant remember the name.. it was a downstairs job... anyhow they had espresso shots to the maximum... including an 8 shot espresso drink (yes 8 fucking shots) called the black death.. shit was like thick and caramelly... i didnt sleep for 24 hours after that bad boy...

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    Black, no milk er sugar.

The spot to go for night time coffee is Stir Crazy on Melrose and La Brea.

Been meaning to check this place out. The coffee's aaight?

Its not the kind of place where you get to choose from 15 different imported roasts, which is fine with me. If you get the never ending coffee cup, which is around 2.50 bucks, you get as much coffee as you want, and its good and strong. Ive litterally sat there and drank 8 or 9 cups of coffee for the price of one. i know a deal when i see one!

Plus the place is dope, on some illegal speakeasy vibe. Cops come in and out all night, and pretend not to see that everyone is smoking. The cops get free coffee i think, plus they, like everyone else who comes in there, are tryign to mack on the girls who work there. Interestingly enough, these girls are often drunk on the job!

Just dont let anyone whos on a laptop corner you into a conversation. They will talk you until your ears bleed.

• i prefer supporting local coffee spots. but i'll go starbucks if need be. peace, stein. . .