Camron Shot In DC!!

Comments

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    I believe the charge on the table was racism

On Soulstrut, everything is racism. Racist.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I believe the charge on the table was racism

On Soulstrut, everything is racism. Racist.

No, on Soulstrut, half of everything is people trying to deny that anything is racist.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    But seriously, how exactly is this different from people claiming that a provocatively dressed woman is "just asking to get raped"?

Nah man, it's only halftime.

And as terrible as it is to say, some things people do, do invite bad things to happen to them. Including dressing provocative in certain situations/places.

Is it wrong? Absolutely.

Is it real? Definitley.

This isn't fantasy land here.

Things aren't always black and white (no soulstrut)

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    3 pages on a Sunday. This shit will blow up on Monday.

• Rockin' the snowman logo = the new Africa medallions.

that really bummed me out. seriously.

• i cant feel sorry for a man callin himself "killa" cam getting shot.

It's entertainment.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    from my man Max:

"my father works at at howard university hospital. camron came through as a patient... apparently with full entourage and limos (plural). he rolls fucking deep!"

so cam definitely wasn't alone.

i cant feel sorry for a man callin himself "killa" cam getting shot.

It's entertainment.

Now this point? Concurrrrrrred.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    Look, I'm not really for excessive displays of opulence, though I'm NOT suggesting that rampant ganking is the right method to discourage it.

But seriously, how exactly is this different from people claiming that a provocatively dressed woman is "just asking to get raped"?

this doesn't hold any weight with me, odub...sorry. in a perfect world, yes, but not in the one we live in.

with the conflicting stories that are posted in this thread on the 1st page (abc-attempted car jacking vs. the guy working that night-attempted homicide) i'm not even sure what's what any more. but, let's assume that it was an attempt at a car jacking. had it been a white cornball flossing thru d.c. late night, would you be saying the same thing?

-an assclown comes out of an out of town 7-11 being loud, talking shit, showing off his wad of cash...

there are precautions that people with common sense take to assist in the prevention of shit like this. is it right that people rape/steal/etc..? fuck no. are there things that people can do to help avoid getting them in certain situations? you bet.

cam (and a lot of rappers out today) have shown that they think that they are untouchable and can get away with whatever the fuck they want. a pretty girl wearing a miniskirt and tanktop walking down the street minding her business is a totally different thing.

This whole thread reminds me a lot of what happened to the Brazilian dude who London police EXECUTED by accident. Before the full facts came out, lot of folks around here were popping off about, "well, he was just asking for it."

Then when everything came to light, it was a parade of retractions.

A rapper getting shot, unfortunately, fills everyone with such LITTLE surprise. We've been conditioned to just accept that shit as normal, which says a lot about our general cynicism, if not more.

And again, just to repeat a point made by several (myself included) that no one's bothered to consider: what if this was not a car-jacking? What if someone was trying to pull a JMJ on Cam? At that point, he could have rolled into D.C. with a Yugo and he might still have gotten popped.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    At that point, he could have rolled into D.C. with a Yugo and he might still have gotten popped.

agreed, but i find people's thought process on the car jacking version of the story interesting.

i see your true colors shining thru

A rapper getting shot, unfortunately, fills everyone with such LITTLE surprise. We've been conditioned to just accept that shit as normal, which says a lot about our general cynicism, if not more.

We're not talking about Common here.

And again, just to repeat a point made by several (myself included) that no one's bothered to consider: what if this was not a car-jacking? What if someone was trying to pull a JMJ on Cam? At that point, he could have rolled into D.C. with a Yugo and he might still have gotten popped.

Maybe. And if it wasn't about the car, then what?

I hate to sound callous but it's hard to be overly sympathic towards someone who bases their entire public persona around acting the fool.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

If you're speaking specifically of this case (or others like it), the difference is that it's not just a Lamborghini, it's Cam's Lamborghini. IMO, rappers get yapped for more than just their car or their chain in a stick up.

Cas,

Look man - I'll admit: I kind of chuckled at the story too. I mean, sure, someone that flamboyant getting jacked isn't that surprising. But my point is that there is a fucking big distance between, "I'm not surprised" and "that fool deserved it" which has been the attitude some folk have been leaning towards.

Look, I'm not really for excessive displays of opulence, though I'm NOT suggesting that rampant ganking is the right method to discourage it.

this doesn't hold any weight with me, odub...sorry. in a perfect world, yes, but not in the one we live in.

with the conflicting stories that are posted in this thread on the 1st page (abc-attempted car jacking vs. the guy working that night-attempted homicide) i'm not even sure what's what any more. but, let's assume that it was an attempt at a car jacking. had it been a white cornball flossing thru d.c. late night, would you be saying the same thing?

-an assclown comes out of an out of town 7-11 being loud, talking shit, showing off his wad of cash...

there are precautions that people with common sense take to assist in the prevention of shit like this. is it right that people rape/steal/etc..? fuck no. are there things that people can do to help avoid getting them in certain situations? you bet.

cam (and a lot of rappers out today) have shown that they think that they are untouchable and can get away with whatever the fuck they want. a pretty girl wearing a miniskirt and tanktop walking down the street minding her business is a totally different thing.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    This whole thread reminds me a lot of what happened to the Brazilian dude who London police EXECUTED by accident. Before the full facts came out, lot of folks around here were popping off about, "well, he was just asking for it."

Man, come on dude.

The fact that it was Cam'ron or a rapper has nothing to do with the point I was trying to make.

Anyone with common sense and even a tiny bit of street knowledge knows you don't go flossing Scrooge McDuck money in a foriegn city by yourself. Which was the intial idea of this thread before the other scenario and info came to light.

Fools will jack you JUST TO DO IT on some "who does this motherfucker think he is trying to come up in my spot like he's somebody?".

So yeah, if you do that shit you're asking for it. Not saying deserve, but inviting it most definitley.

• cascas 1,484 Posts

I hate to sound callous but it's hard to be overly sympathic towards someone who bases their entire public persona around acting the fool.

co-sign.

------------------------------
    "but he's a rapper from the hood, so now let's take up a fucking donation drive to help repair the fucking bullet holes in his dipset mobile!!"

We're splitting hairs with a micro-laser right now.

Can we agree on this much?

Cam's going to rap about this on his next album more than Kanye talks about his car accident.

Anyone with common sense and even a tiny bit of street knowledge knows you don't go flossing Scrooge McDuck money in a foriegn city by yourself. Which was the intial idea of this thread before the other scenario and info came to light.

day you've really been on it with the eloquently put languagizerations.

Maybe next time that fool will know to keep that shit in the Money Bin where it belongs.

Cam's going to rap about this on his next album more than Kanye talks about his car accident.

All the more reason to NOT...........

• sounds nothing like the case with the brasilian in london.

no real position for any people to start bringing that shit up when english police probably kill 1% of the amount of people killed by cops in the u.s.

plus this was after a terrorist attack.

as for cam`ron,i`m sure he knew what risk he was taking by driving the lambo there..lucky he wasn`t killed.

no real position for any people to start bringing that shit up when english police probably kill 1% of the amount of people killed by cops in the u.s.

Well duh, they're too busy getting beat up because they don't carry any guns

sounds nothing like the case with the brasilian in london.

plus this was after a terrorist attack.

Huh? You just lost me here.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Question: again, are we certain dude was getting carjacked? Or hit?

I don't think anyone on SoulStrut can be certain of much of anything about this incident. My inclination is to think that it wasn't about a car, though.

I also think SoulStrut dudes presuming to give Cam advice on how to act in the hood is hilarious.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    Question: again, are we certain dude was getting carjacked? Or hit?

I also think SoulStrut dudes presuming to give Cam advice on how to act in the hood is hilarious.

You are seriously discounting the SoulStrut factor here.

Killa Cam, hold on.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    LOL

OH BOY, 5 pager in the morning, no doubt.

DIPSET! DIPSET!

'puters 'putin'

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts

can i get some advice on how to roll in my 95 mitsubishi through the hood in my town?

thank to you soul strut for keeping my insomnia entertained. i love this place.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Driving a blue Lamborghini in DC? And outside of Dream?

it wasn't outside of dream (or whatever it's called now) it was at the corner of new york & new jersey. which makes a little more sense, i couldn't imagine dream patrons running up on cam in $300 shoes like "hold my hypnotiq..."

i'm glad cam's okay and i'm glad i'll never know the burden of owning a lamborghini.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Driving a blue Lamborghini in DC? And outside of Dream?

it wasn't outside of dream (or whatever it's called now) it was at the corner of new york & new jersey. which makes a little more sense, i couldn't imagine dream patrons running up on cam in $300 shoes like "hold my hypnotiq..."

i'm glad cam's okay and i'm glad i'll never know the burden of owning a lamborghini.

Have you ever had the displeasure of taking NY Ave on a Saturday night and try to actually DRIVE by Dream? It's crazy busy down there...that seemed a bit odd to me too...tryong to remember where NJ and NY meet(I am terrible w/street names).

And yeah, being anonymous and nondescript has it's perks, although I love me some Hypnotiq, and will never know the burden of $300 shoes.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    although I love me some Hypnotiq

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

And just a prediction: Cam'ron's either going to be mad humble about this near-death experience...

...or come back more arrogant than ever.

(Bet on the latter)

It'd be a trip if one of these days somebody got shot in the abdomen and had to walk around with a colostomy bag. I mean, for a high-profile rapper who's image is everything, that'd probably be worse than dying.

Then again, they'd probably just have a designer shit bag made. (Hmmm, anybody got Louis Vuitton's number?)

Herm