A MAN NEEDS A MAID

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
... Seriously though. Any NYCERS know of a good maid, housekeeping service?

Comments

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

• Living, loving... she's just a woman

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    One of my roommates wants us to reduce her rent by $40 a month in exchange for her cleaning our entire flat. It's a pretty baller deal IMO. I think I'll go for it but I don't think our other roommate would be game. They're both broke asses.

• ... Seriously though. Any NYCERS know of a good maid, housekeeping service?

ill do it for 15 an hour.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    One of my roommates wants us to reduce her rent by $40 a month in exchange for her cleaning our entire flat. It's a pretty baller deal IMO. I think I'll go for it but I don't think our other roommate would be game. They're both broke asses.

She doesn't live in NYC/Brooklyn, does she?

Anyway, anyone else got a line on someone?

Sike naw.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

I would like to know of a good one, too... we have been doing without for the past several months and it is not a good look.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

I would like to know of a good one, too... we have been doing without for the past several months and it is not a good look.

If you find one would you please let me know? I'll do the same.

• ... Seriously though. Any NYCERS know of a good maid, housekeeping service?

Having to schlep dirty laundry onto the yacht just cause you don't have time to get it done at home...

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    i have the nanny connect on lock, but maids??? d****, i seen your place, and it looks pretty sparse and tidy to me. why you need a maid?

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    i have the nanny connect on lock, but maids??? d****, i seen your place, and it looks pretty sparse and tidy to me. why you need a maid?

I dunno, Tom, that's a lotta square footage to cover

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    this is a re-run man. you postd this shit on hollerboard too...are you putting your posts in syndication now?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    this is a re-run man. you postd this shit on hollerboard too...are you putting your posts in syndication now?

Scortched Earth policy.

really though, you people actualy have had maids?

• really though, you people actualy have had maids?

GET FAMILIAR

huh?

• "sabadaba"

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    "sabadaba"

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    really though, you people actualy have had maids?

I've been thinking of getting one myself. For like $30 you can get someone to come through every 2 weeks or so. Z**dra says her girl is thorough, cleaning tile, windows, everythang.

I wonder if I can get her to polish the wood, too? I saw it in a movie once...

Herm

for real Z's got a maid? I always thought this shit was cost prohibitive...$60 a month is not something I'd spend on it though to be honest. How was last night? Didn't make it 'cause me and Gregg did the finish up wiring at my place, fliped the breakeers and only half our shit worked so we were at it kinda late and have to hit it again tonight, hopefully we won't have to tear into that nice new drywall...

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

The better question: why do you need a nanny? Is there something you haven't been telling us?

• OlskiOlski 355 Posts
    Don't know what your definition of maid is. We have a "cleaning woman" because me and my wife are both self-employed and working full-time (= over time). So we ended up spending half of that one free day of the week cleaning our place. It sucked big time.

But before a man gets a maid he should learn to keep his place tidy all by himself. Otherwise he's still living with his mom.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

The better question: why do you need a nanny? Is there something you haven't been telling us?
    7000 posts !!!!

you obviously have no idea how many 20something jonies work as nannys uptown.