Music that gets you laid these days

JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
Some time ago I talked about my "I like Jewel" strategy to get laid during the 90's - early 00's. I'm now a married man and retired of the market, but I'm wondering what kind of music gets you laid these days.A close friend was telling me about this James Blunt, a sort of UK Ryan Adams. According to this friend, James works wonders on the "independent, urban, "Sex and the city" re-runs watcher" women segment in Buenos Aires.I know this is no a "universal" thing, there must be different strategies for different segments. So plaese to discuss.PS: soulstrut ladies feel free to talk from the other side.

Comments

• James Blunt is rhyming slang.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts

seriously, there is no music to get me laid laid imo...it is first and foremost
    myself, i guess (i hope) that will set them into the mood. and to be honest, most girls are not really impressed when you show them your funk inc. or whatever. but it's true, there is some stuff that works when sympathy is already there. Many girls love this Jack johnson dude, works well. and also this vikter duplaix broken beat stuff with some sexy vocals. tried the new gilles peterson comp, but this didnt work too well...what annoys me too, is when there are too many saxsolos, that is just disturbing!!! And sometimes I dont even like music while gettin laid, especially when its a dope song I can't concentrate on the woman

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    Step 1: Take said girly, a bottle of wine, a portable turntable, and Michael Franks first four LPs to a nice secluded park. (If you don't have the Mike Franks you can get them all at good will for a dollar.)

Step 2: Get laid.

Works every time.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

This WILL get you laid.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts

This WILL get you laid.

"sabadabada"

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    "independent, urban, "Sex and the city" re-runs watcher" women segment in Buenos Aires.

This segment of your population is of great interest to me. Please to explain. Is there a growing number of grown and sexy, independent, working women in Argentina?

• If shit is going on like the moment I walk in the door then I usually just throw on the radio.

But otherwise I ALWAYS play Fleetwood Mac - Rumors. Every girl thinks this is really sexy music.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

"sabadabada"

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Fleetwood Mac - Rumors

RADD

Portishead P for that "gothic" jumpoff. Try Shig's favorite, Mazzy Star/Hope Sandoval, too.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    "independent, urban, "Sex and the city" re-runs watcher" women segment in Buenos Aires.

This segment of your population is of great interest to me. Please to explain. Is there a growing number of grown and sexy, independent, working women in Argentina?

Not only that, by definition, they are all latinas

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

LAID FOR DAYS.

If shit is going on like the moment I walk in the door then I usually just throw on the radio.

what station?

• why oh why did you let your girlfriend cut your beautiful hair my friend?

why oh why...
    is it called "After Dark" when its obviously sunny as hell.

nipple.

• If shit is going on like the moment I walk in the door then I usually just throw on the radio.
    what station?

Whatever is on there, usually Hot 97 (Rap and RnB) or Kiss (Adult Urban). Kiss is probably better though.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Lot of dudes on here so not about getting laid

i think most girls would laugh at the stuff i'd like to make out to... Al Green, Marvin, Roberta Flack, etc.

so, things like...

...have been in the mix.

sidenote: not exactly laid music, but does anyone like that Jazzy Jeff Soul Heaven "In The House" mix? i've been listenin' to that lately...most of the selections are my flavor when it comes to House. mellow & JAZZY

• Uh, Shuggie Otis?

^^^^
    The real white elephant.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts

Who's got time when there are so many records to aquire?

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

Who's got time when there are so many records to aquire?

I dream about banging Jessica Alba on a bed o raers

Uh, Shuggie Otis?

^^^^
    The real white elephant.
    Shuggie is real good stuff. need to find that CD.