Midweek digs, 10/17-10/20

13»

Comments

• damn, there seems to be alot of records in rural cali. nice find on that Ken Nordine[/b]

As many times as I've seen some of his other joints I dont' think I've ever run across that one...

Please tell me yall have checked out his radio show... they're archived on his site. Dude never fell off, and he's even more out there in his old age...

whoa, he's still alive!! I only have that spoken word jazz one, but I love it.

• Options
    Are these finds if I paid $200CDN for all these mono original pressings which are all mint- except the Waters (save for mingus which is the OG CDN mono)?

K in Canada.

• Options
    Forgot these two

K in Canada.

• K, i am not talking to you anymore

• Options
    K, i am not talking to you anymore

That's alright, I have music and ex-girlfreinds to keep me company

Kevin.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    K, i am not talking to you anymore

Yeah, I don't know you or anything, K, but your finds are killing me week after week since I joined the Strut.

You're a walking record magnet, mang

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Are these finds if I paid $200CDN for all these mono original pressings which are all mint- except the Waters (save for mingus which is the OG CDN mono)?

K in Canada.

Yes, and good finds at that.

• Options
    Glad to have killed you, JLR. AMybe you can kill me back by finding that ALFREDO LINARES "El Pito" single on Mag (Peru) I've been looking for.

Easy, K.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Glad to have killed you, JLR. AMybe you can kill me back by finding that ALFREDO LINARES "El Pito" single on Mag (Peru) I've been looking for.

Easy, K.

My latin record magnet is on, but peruvian records are hard to find here. Brazilian stuff is another story

• Thought this shit was gonna be dope cuz it had Watermelon Man. Shit sucked. Poor recording. Ehh. For a buck.

• LP's

(If only the rest of the record was like the first 4 tracks.)

One of the coolest looking Stax LPs...probablly the worst musically.

GENERATION GAP - "Up Up and Away" (Contains some remakes of Animated Egg tracks! All drums and bass are hard panned.)

BILL BLACK'S COMBO - "Soulin' The Blues" (Contains "Mrs. Nelly B" or more known as "Tramp.")

• Jade - S/T Lp on Pesante
    Larry Young - Lawrence of Newark
    Silver Apples - S/T
    Bill Mason - Gettin Off
    Paulette Reaves - Secret Lover

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    your avatar is fucking nuts!
    your finds are awesome, as well.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    Jade - S/T Lp on Pesante
    Silver Apples - S/T
    Bill Mason - Gettin Off
    lies

Silver Apples - S/T
    Bill Mason - Gettin Off
    lies

Well - sort of - I did forget to mention the Bill Mason and Paullette Reaves are still sealed! Ouch!

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Lunch-time digging left me with:

- John Hicks "Hell's Bells" on Strata-East
    - Le Quatuor de Jazz Libre Du Quebec on Radio Canada International

Don't ask me how these records ended up here in Buenos Aires

The most RCI records I ever found at one time was also in Buenos Aires. It was in that store on Bolivia, #47, I think. Is that where you got it?

Once upon a time that Quartor was worth some money, but I think whoever was into that has moved on to other things. Still, a good album, and not a common one either.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Lunch-time digging left me with:

- John Hicks "Hell's Bells" on Strata-East
    - Le Quatuor de Jazz Libre Du Quebec on Radio Canada International

Don't ask me how these records ended up here in Buenos Aires

The most RCI records I ever found at one time was also in Buenos Aires. It was in that store on Bolivia, #47, I think. Is that where you got it?

Once upon a time that Quartor was worth some money, but I think whoever was into that has moved on to other things. Still, a good album, and not a common one either.

Nope, it was in the Camargo street store, Malabia station of subway "B". Been there Danno? I hate the man, but every once in a while I visit. He won't stop talking for a single minute while you are digging. "Elvis and Beatles go for crazy money blah blah blah". Yesterday it was "a rare Kiss sticker" that only 2 people in Argentina have. Of course he is one of them

• Quatour du jazz libre is a fantastic free jazz album.

I can really get with 4-second songs, "playing" the short wave radio, overall bombastic-ness.

If anybody has a black cover orig press CBC version let me know.

Silver Apples - S/T
    Bill Mason - Gettin Off
    lies

hatter

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

Can't wait to get home to listen to this.

• two this morning:

and a "Funkin' For Jamaica" pic sleeve 7"

• This was one of the first pricey records I sold when I opened my shop a year ago. Kind of regreted it at the time but lo and behold another one walked in today. Gonna keep this one:

it was i who relieved you of that heavy disco piece there. found a couple other nice wall items at the shop that day. i love wall joints. always a liberating feeling when you take it off the wall.

i got rid of it, now i want it back. funny how that works eh?

cheers
    p.s. neville please help me out on the backlash!

• jospehine taylor - is it worth a chance

i'm happy. dude said theres gonna be a bunch of funk 45s coming in this week so i gotta check back for that...

dog you are going to score. buy everything he has......

....and send me that josephine taylor.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    i love wall joints. always a liberating feeling when you take it off the wall.

relieved Amoeba's wall of this today