Midweek digs, 10/17-10/20

Comments

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    all a dollar today. all for sale except the steady b and pe. the 12"s are spoonie gee meets sequence-monster jam, michael jackson-don't stop til you get enough and edwin birdsong rapper dapper snapper

dave
    I just found that Sex Machine for like $4 on Saturday and I think I saw that Enoch Light at the antique mall that I cop records from. Gotsa to go back and cop...

• A few very nice things from a garage sale this weekend. (sorry.) the JBs is prolly up for sale or trade so holla. But K. in Canada keeps twisting the dagger in my heart. (trial reference...anyone get it?...)

Damn...Titus Oates.

• FSNSFSNS 163 Posts

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,087 Posts

Some locally pressed LPs, Misty Moore "This Girl's In Love With You" on Pzazz, Sound Unlimited S/T on Valley and Don Randi And The Baked Potato Band on JAS. Also Gary Burton & Keith Jarrett S/T on Atlantic.

• John Holt's "Ali Baba" is what you call a big tune.

My dream last night was about ali baba...

I love that song! I was singing it in the car this morning....

• Happy,

OtRC

• Only one so far, to sell. Bought it for 30.

• One nice trade (is that a find? a dig?) with a fellow strutter yielded this today:

• Lindstrom - I Feel Space/Roma E6 7825

Finally picked this up. B Side is kind of like Norwegian disco meets modern soul. Put Don Blackmon over this shit

D4L - LAFFY TAFFY 12"

Random rap of the future

D4L - LAFFY TAFFY 12"

Random rap of the future
    You really think so? I hear that shit everyday and it drives me nuts.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

D4L - LAFFY TAFFY 12"

Random rap of the future

Random rap is seldom mainstream 1 hit wonder rap. That is quite the stripperiffic chune though.

• D4L - LAFFY TAFFY 12"

Random rap of the future

I have no idea. I hear this and cannot believe it is a real song, and I mean that solely positively.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    2 of note.

-Mike James Kirkland "Hang on In There"
    [sabadabada] MOTHERFUCKING FINALLY [/sabadabada]

-Cymande "Promised Heights" (late pass)

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    I found that Heat Rock Russian heat record for a Dollar and bought another copy too! Didn't that one sell for 350 USD on here?

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

D4L - LAFFY TAFFY 12"

Random rap of the future

I have no idea. I hear this and cannot believe it is a real song, and I mean that solely positively.

We heard this many times on the radio in SC at Fatback's wedding, and I immediately knew I had to have it in my life. My wife loves it too. We even heard it coming from the 'party room' at the HoJo we stayed at, so you know it's a big record.

D4L - LAFFY TAFFY 12"

Random rap of the future

We heard this many times on the radio in SC at Fatback's wedding, and I immediately knew I had to have it in my life. My wife loves it too. We even heard it coming from the 'party room' at the HoJo we stayed at, so you know it's a big record.
    you wouldn't be saying that if you heard it on a daily basis, 3 times a day.

D4L - LAFFY TAFFY 12"

Random rap of the future

you wouldn't be saying that if you heard it on a daily basis, 3 times a day.

Maybe not, but I also don't mind the Cha Cha Slide. To me, it's a similar phenomenon, that semi-novelty tune that aquires a life all it's own. Kinda like I dig hearing the Monster Mash every October, even when it annoys me, I still have love.

• This was one of the first pricey records I sold when I opened my shop a year ago. Kind of regreted it at the time but lo and behold another one walked in today. Gonna keep this one:

• 2 thrift finds:

Voices of East Harlem - S/T
    Delfonics - Didn't I Blow Your Mind...

Both in nice condition.

• eetzeetz 53 Posts

The "Titus Oakes- Jungle lady", does anyone have any information on this? I found this album this weekend, but mine has a black cover. If anyone has any information about this; origin, the year it was put out, ect, it would be appreciated.

• Its from houston texas, 1974. Whatddya think about it? That track friend of life is a monster.

• eetzeetz 53 Posts
    no doubt, friends of life got repeated a few times. Mr Lips also. thanks for the info. i must have a repress, the sleeve if far too glossy, glad to have it though. Thanks again!

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Lunch-time digging left me with:

- John Hicks "Hell's Bells" on Strata-East
    - Le Quatuor de Jazz Libre Du Quebec on Radio Canada International

Don't ask me how these records ended up here in Buenos Aires

• how much you selling it for nevs??

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    I'll jump in on the tail end of this thread, because I don't have much to add! Trades have been coming in fast & furious, but out in the real world (where moves are made) the digging has been slow. The only thing of note is this Canadian hockey movie sound track about a rookie player for the Maple Leafs:

It's got one nice track, the track where (I think) the main Maple Leafs rookie player goes to a psychedelic party (I think all movies had to have this scene). It's called 'The Hub' and it's by Ron Collier - listen!

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Just a few today.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    damn, there seems to be alot of records in rural cali. nice find on that ann peebles

damn, there seems to be alot of records in rural cali. nice find on that Ken Nordine[/b]

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    No, no records in rural cali.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    damn, there seems to be alot of records in rural cali. nice find on that Ken Nordine[/b]

As many times as I've seen some of his other joints I dont' think I've ever run across that one...

Please tell me yall have checked out his radio show... they're archived on his site. Dude never fell off, and he's even more out there in his old age...