the two MPC technique?

Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
so i just got another mpc2000 that I bought from a friend for a cnote. I know you can link two up together, I'm pretty sure through midi and a get a master/slave situation going. However, I'm a midi luddite and was wondering if anybody new the deal on the two mpc2000 technique? Any scraps of help will be appreciated immensly. thanks.

Comments

• for a cnote

no idea how to help you, but wow.

• for a cnote

i'm sayin, how the fuck did you get an mp for a note??

• for a cnote

i'm sayin, how the fuck did you get an mp for a note??
    must be on fire

• mrragzmrragz 22 Posts
    what would be the advantage of linking the 2 together? Educate me, sounds interesting.

• what would be the advantage of linking the 2 together? Educate me, sounds interesting.

Shadow does this, and I think the Bomb Squad used to do it too. Basically it doubles the amount of samples you can run.

So on one MPC you can run 4x16 pads equaling 64 sounds. With two you can run 128 samples. Very good for dense layered Bomb-squad-josh productions.

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    I wish I had a friend like that!

• I wish I had a friend like that!

yeah, but my dad doesn't own a dealership...

whatddya sayin cuz?

my friend used to work for the show NYPD Blue as a Production assistant and he found the MPC on the set in a closet. He swiped it and sold it to me.

Thanks for the help peoples.

• So that MPC really IS on [color:red]fire[/color]

Did you get my PM?

whatddya sayin cuz?

my friend used to work for the show NYPD Blue as a Production assistant and he found the MPC on the set in a closet. He swiped it and sold it to me.

Thanks for the help peoples.

Why exactly did NYPD Blue need an MPC on the set?

FIND OF THE YEAR!