ID this album cover...

idraltidralt 12 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
I'm trying to figure out some info about this album I saw...it's got a sort of orangeish and bluish background and it's a picture of a black woman's face and her huge afro and the word 'HAIR' is center top over part of her fro...anybody know what I'm talking about here...I don't know how to post pictures but I do have the picture saved on my CPU...if someone tells me how to, I can post the pic to help

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    It's probably one of the millions of crappy "hairsploitation" records out there.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    It's probably one of the millions of crappy "hairsploitation" records out there.

is this the one?

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Yer good!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    don't test my hair gangsta

BTW this LP is fairly common in the UK and doesnt go for much, that being said I've never seen one domestically at any price.

• that one was at the GM a month or so ago...for about a tenner.
    I thought of you, and then decided you probably already had it!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    nope

and I need this too

http://cgi.ebay.com/LOS-SHAKES-PIXIE-HOPKIN-Hair-MEXICAN-PSYCH-ROCK-LP_W0QQitemZ4777421852QQcategoryZ306QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

never heard it though, I got another hair LP from Los Shakes (without the female vocalist) and it kind of sucks but this looks like something I need

• oh shit, sorry dude! If it's still around I'll drop you a line...

• It's probably one of the millions of crappy "hairsploitation" records out there.

is this the one?

Yeah its a UK version, from a musical I think, But its crap! best thing about it is the cover, the james last hair lp is much better an thats not worth much more than a a couple of dollars

• BlightyBlighty 225 Posts

is this the one?

It's the Reader's Digest reissue of the original London stage cast version (including Paul Nicolas and Marsha Hunt). It originally came out on Polydor with a different sleeve. It's not a bad version of 'Hair' but it doesn't get repeated plays. There are some really nice breaks on there though. As Guzzo said it's very common in the UK alongside the Jason Ryder version, the Bruce Baxter version and the Polydor press of this one. Great sleeve though.