Favorite NEW AGE records

Comments

• Guru records by dudes with red dots on their foreheads mostly suck. There are so many of them and since they can have the appearance of being "psychedelic" or "incredibly strange" they get marked up a lot, but the only one I've really dug was the JOB Orchestra one with the modern soul guru cut at the end.

Mole it's J.D. Emanuel.

And that Harps of the Ancient Temples was put out in the late 60s, reissued late 70s, and used for a second in "Blade Runner."

• Suzanne Ciani

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

Mole it's J.D. Emanuel.

Whatever Peter Davidson.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Suzanne Ciani

damn, she look good!

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Chris Spheeris[/b]

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    There's nothing ironic about smoking a joint and lying in bed listening to Kupka's Crystals backed by a thunderstorm off in the distance though.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Aaah, I knew that name was familiar. The back of that sleeve is burned into my retinas.

• Is this from Cannibal Soup? Rad book, please to send all private press hot tub my way.

I'm kinda digging this Ciani (I'd tap).

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    There's nothing ironic about smoking a joint and lying in bed listening to Kupka's Crystals backed by a thunderstorm off in the distance though.

I'm soooo jelly now while I sit in my cold office at work,

M

• CaMKIIaCaMKIIa 269 Posts

Is this from Cannibal Soup?

You know it!

• There's nothing ironic about smoking a joint and lying in bed listening to Kupka's Crystals backed by a thunderstorm off in the distance though.

• newage is stupid:

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    That Ciani Seven Waves is the shit, sweet as synth tune on it that I put on this here mix: [color:white] shameless self promotion ... [/color]

by and large I feel like this is another one of those strictly collectro genres, where the music sucks ass and people are into the rarity... Like most private press stuff really...

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

Are you saying free jazz sucks cause I agree. Another genre that is beard heavy.

by and large I feel like this is another one of those strictly collectro genres, where the music sucks ass and people are into the rarity... Like most private press stuff really...

• awallawall 673 Posts

• Does anyone think Peter Davison "sucks ass"? If so I will fight you behind the dumpster at 3:00.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

Don't know if this counts as new age or ambient or whatever but me likes.

• Does anyone think Peter Davison "sucks ass"? If so I will fight you behind the dumpster at 3:00.

while a Suzanne Ciani CD plays in the background.

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    I don't know who Peter Davidson is but if it's "new age" it probably sucks ass...

• :o

Is that the "ignant" emoticon?

• How's that one?

I'd say there's not much ass sucking when Peter Davison's got his Glide going.

BeardedD, I was surprised to see that Ascent into Now record. Know more about it? Part of a series?

I just like that drum machine bit.
    grove suite

• There's at least one other in the series called Starbody, it has the same music on both sides, one side with pseudomystical narration.

• :o

Is that the "ignant" emoticon?
    ZING!

YOGA MAN!!!

• YES.