A couple funk 45 mp3’s

124»

Comments

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    here's an interesting one - Ace Jones & the Instant Souls Band 'Hey Lady' on Cu-Wu

NO!! Blowing up my spot!

Everybody stay away from CuWu!!

haha

How about some King Wilson? plaese?!?!

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    here's an interesting one - Ace Jones & the Instant Souls Band 'Hey Lady' on Cu-Wu

NO!! Blowing up my spot!

haha

first the sex machines, then ya'll don't holla at a playa to drop some heat at drunk night & now you want king wilson?!?!?

NO!! Blowing up my spot!

haha

first the sex machines, then ya'll don't holla at a playa to drop some heat at drunk night & now you want king wilson?!?!?

Drunk night indeed! By 5:30am I could barely read the 45 labels. And I had a hard enough time trying to hang with Frank and his insane 45s without being totally by you as well.

Man, that King Wilson is just as fresh as I remembered.

Does that Ace Jones 45 has a pressing defect on the break? Br*d's copy plays the same.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    Never noticed a defect on the Ace - I think the break is just really 'offkilter'

an instructive memory of 'drunk night' that comes to mind is b*** h**** playing a set of funky soul raers while the crowd starts building, scott craig gets on & drops james brown 'superbad' right off & gets the dancing started immediately.

Never noticed a defect on the Ace - I think the break is just really 'offkilter'

an instructive memory of 'drunk night' that comes to mind is b*** h**** playing a set of funky soul raers while the crowd starts building, scott craig gets on & drops james brown 'superbad' right off & gets the dancing started immediately.

I bet Mr. Machine would have worked just as well Besides, it's not about dancing, or making the crowd happy, it's about the feeling of superiority that comes with playing records too obscure to be recognized by the lay party-goers, and too rare to be owned by the other collectros in attendance.

• My Questions, Is the Young Senators "Senators In Session/7th & T" on Swami the same group as on Innovation? Swami is a Brooklyn label as far as i know but the "7th & T" is not a NY sounding intersection, maybe a DC one though? Also, are there just the two Senators 45s and the Breed 45 on the Innovation label?

I'd still like to see a label scan of Breed on Innovation, I was under the impression they did not record on that label. There is a label called Innovation II which often is confused with Innovation. If anyone has info/scans please drop knowledge here or in a PM to me.

As far as the Young Senators are concerned:

I've never heard of that 45. I had thought that Swami was some sort of rock label, but maybe you're talking about another I've yet to run across. Check your PM's.

• BeaverBeaver 164 Posts
    Whats the name of that King Wilson 45, anyone, please

• My Questions, Is the Young Senators "Senators In Session/7th & T" on Swami the same group as on Innovation? Swami is a Brooklyn label as far as i know but the "7th & T" is not a NY sounding intersection, maybe a DC one though? Also, are there just the two Senators 45s and the Breed 45 on the Innovation label?

I'd still like to see a label scan of Breed on Innovation, I was under the impression they did not record on that label. There is a label called Innovation II which often is confused with Innovation. If anyone has info/scans please drop knowledge here or in a PM to me.

As far as the Young Senators are concerned:
    I've never heard of that 45. I had thought that Swami was some sort of rock label, but maybe you're talking about another I've yet to run across. Check your PM's.

Found an old label scan of Mixed Breed on Innovation. And yes that Young Senators 45 is the same Young Senators as the group out of DC. My bad on the information slip.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    I love this thread

Darker Shades LTD - Trackin Down Jody Part 1

• That's a hot track!! Pt. 2 is great too. I randomly downloaded this from someone on soulseek, in thier folder labeled "some soul 45s", it was a nice surprise.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    I love this thread

Darker Shades LTD - Trackin down Jody Part 1[/url]

That's a hot track!! Pt. 2 is great too. I randomly downloaded this from someone on soulseek, in thier folder labeled "some soul 45s", it was a nice surprise.

One of my favorite Tejas records fo' sure. I have part 2 recorded as well but have yet to make an mp3 out of it.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Playlist of songs featured in this thread: