Vampires of Dartmoore: the WHOLE ALBUM

Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
Here's my contribution to the fun.

Frankly, I've never understood the fuss and I was happy to trade away my copy. Enjoy.

http://s55.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2UO5UZ6T990UD04B11MUMULQJZ

Comments

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Is this a 'one-tracker'?

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    for sure

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Wow. I saw that on sale for $400 at recordkingz.com.

• for sure

No - it??s a general feeling that goes trough the whole album.

But it??s pretty much sought after in the rock scene and from people who like OST stuff like Edgar Wallace i.e "Das Kriminalmuseum", Martin B??ttcher or even Peter Thomas.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    I love that record. no matter what people say... it has a quite unique style. And it's definitely not a one-tracker. You all might call it a one-looper, but not a one-tracker. If you enjoy the track with the bass loop in the beginning, you'll enjoy any other tracks as well...

• E_DailyE_Daily 812 Posts
    I was waiting for someone to stand up for my precious & beloved dartmoore.

Word up Grope ...

edit: Internet at work > *

• Holy schitt I'm digging this so far.

...people who like OST stuff like Edgar Wallace i.e "Das Kriminalmuseum", Martin B??ttcher or even Peter Thomas.

I don't know about that,..
    Peter got some heat for sho but the B??ttcher/Thomas Wallace Lp I got doesn't even come close to this.
    It's alot more swingy and such..
    But the cover is ...

I havn't heard to many LPs that have a similar style in sound
    like the dope ass German tape echos used on dartmoore

I think grope was right though, Staff Carpenborg sounds similar.
    But its more psychy. Please recommend further horror/crime psych funk raer if you got the knowledge

• Those MARTIM and FASS albums (yes there are more than just Staff) have that just tthose raw sounds that the Vampire of Dartmore album lacks of,

fuzz guitars, nasty organ sounds etc.

On the other hand the guys around VoD put together some real grooving stuff including a hard and fast breakbeat that are to be found on several other albums.

... and don??t you underestimate Martin B??ttcher -

He??s one of the KINGS of German OST work !!

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    listen to Seb... listen to Seb... listen to Seb...

he's right!

THAT's WHY I KEEP STRESSING THAT JAMES LAST RECORDS ARE TOTAL CRAP. I can't understand people who keep buying James Last LPs for them being funky and awkward! (Did I ever mention that I hate James Last's music?)
    Many other German budget label pressings to be found. Trust us!

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    thank you for this. ive always heard of it but never actually listened. i like it .. more than a one tracker in my opinion.

• Peter got some heat for sho but the B??ttcher/Thomas Wallace Lp I got doesn't even come close to this.

It's alot more swingy and such..

I found this one last weekend:

Do you mean that one? There's this other one with the spooky house on the cover and it's a long time since I heard it. This one is not that swingy, no? I like it very much.

Please recommend further horror/crime psych funk raer if you got the knowledge

I have this single by Horror Charly. I posted this jpeg earlier. Solid tracks:

And more on the scifi tip, Peter Thomas Sound Music nr 6 on Golden Ring is one of my favorites. First side has weak moments but the second side is mindblowing. Phasing Violins is killing it.

I found this one last weekend. It is very much sixties stuff so there's no funk but the rhythms and arrangements are weird (Martin Boetcher and Peter Thomas):

That was the Record I was talking about earlier, ill cover, had it for a while now and always come back listening to it The track with the rassling chain is dope

Then I have this single by Horror Charly. I posted this jpeg earlier. Solid tracks:

And more on the scifi tip, Peter Thomas Sound Music nr 6 on Golden Ring is one of my favorites. First side has weak moments but the second side is mindblowing. Phasing Violins is killing it.

Thanks, I'll check for the Horror Charly. Didn't really like most of Thomas' librarywork apart from the KPM though. I have a white lib with Kovac,Thomas & B??ttcher which has ill Moments, but no deep tracks as the longest Track on it is liek 2:30 or something...

I'm more looking for the bugged out funky crime
    Thomas seems to be a little to beaty sometimes. He still is the dude though.
    Still waiting for cheap Jerry Cotton/FBI man copies. Shit always sellls for ballerific Loot. Even on German ebay! Guess thats the Cotton collectros though..

• Ha, I noticed you mentioned the Wallace elpee earlier so I edited my post to look less like a fool! Anyway, the atmospheric tracks are pretty intense I think but it's nowhere near funk I agree.

Guessing from what you write, I think there's a good change you'll like the Golden Ring record I mentioned. It's much more stretched out and not so humorous as most stuff I know by Thomas. When I'm in my studio I'll post an MP3 so you can check it out.

And really, you can't go wrong on this Horror Charly. It's a straight and pleasantly perverse.

Cover indeed is

All you need is in there: Blood, Monster, Woman, Boobe & bad make up.
    unfuckwitable

Hope the muzak is that dope aswell

• This album is great!!!

I always liked the music on Scooby-Do.....

Thanks for that .zip!!

• very dope indeed
    thank you

• Something I just thought about today,...

Are there Dartmoore copies without the cutout hole?

I've yet to see one sell online or even at a recordshow.

Just flipped through some stuff and it jumped my mind when I saw the hole on my copy again.

Do ?

• anyone on here know if there's any truth in the rumour about a version (a library perhaps?) of the vampires of dartmoore lp without all the sound effects etc?

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    man i just took a photo of mine thinking it didnt have a cutout hole.. but i see it now.. very sneaky place to cut the hole.. just in the white "o" of the metronome logo.