What do you make beats on?

2»

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    er!

cheap, crappy

Man, I loved that machine. Sound wise it's kind of shitty (compared to what's available today) but tell it to The Bomb Squad among MANY other producers.

I used that for a few years but now it's MPC200XL for the most part.

• used to...

now:

with cubase sx, kontakt, battery and some waves-plugins

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    MPC 60 II with the 2.12 operating system... and mad records...

I hope you're kidding!?!?!

No, I'm not... I work around any issues... honestly I didnt even know there was an upgrade until a year or so ago...

I use creativity... I made this beat maybe in 1998... I am working on the upgrade now though.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

or

or

or

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com

• chasechase 767 Posts

one of these (with that same card reader)

and a

and just got a

anyone ever replace the screen lights in the s950?

Is it hard or could I do it myself??

p.s. running all the kicks and snares through this

will make your kicks thump and give you those bassy 9th wonderish snares..

do yourself a favor and at least cop the plug in

• Mostly this:

With this:

This:

One of these fuckers:

Some of this:

A touch of this:

And of course:

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

how difficult is it to put something like that in? i've wanted to do more sample editing on my g5 and then transfer shit to the mpc, but floppys just don't cut it and i don't have a scsi on my compupter.

• chasechase 767 Posts

how difficult is it to put something like that in? i've wanted to do more sample editing on my g5 and then transfer shit to the mpc, but floppys just don't cut it and i don't have a scsi on my compupter.

so easy its criminal, that is a scsi internal drive... I got mine used on the bay for like 20 bucks, got a internal scsi ribbon at the local comp store for like 5 bucks, and a power supply mod from comp usa for around 7 bucks.. just droped it in.. modded the power supply (easy), that was it... they have tons of tutorials at the mpc-tutor.com fourms from where to get the drive, to pics on how to put it in... shit is so much better then floppys or zip, I cant even tell you.

• This is what I make beats on. Fresh!

haha no.. need one of theese ---> http://www.miniorgan.com/

• MeepMeep 320 Posts
    T

kid's dub-plate cutter =

• TOMY VOICE CORDER[/b]
    (1972)
    BEST MUSICAL TOY OF THE WORLD!!! Play & record your own dub-plates with this little beautiful machine.Yes, believe it or not - this machine can really cut records!!! I cannot believe myself. The enclosed records are made of simple thick plastic foil, so you can cut them for one time with the special heavy recorder-needle. I am wondering that this machine haven't sold a million times in the 70ies - such an unbelievable concept, man! But this is so damn rare... even in Japan. This is the first appearance in the history of internet!!! Million thanks to my friend Hiromichi from Tokyo!!! Some detail shots coming soon!

Sound 10 | Design 10 | Coolness 10[/b]

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    Soundforge and Cool Edit 2

here's a small taste of my silly attempts

WARNING ! very amateur shit. critics and comments would be appreciated!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=337B7GT1

• I really want one of theese vintage toys but now I have to stay true to my MPC 1000!

Ugliest styling Ive ever seen! Daaamn, is that correcting fluid???

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    TOMY VOICE CORDER[/b]
    (1972)
    BEST MUSICAL TOY OF THE WORLD!!! Play & record your own dub-plates with this little beautiful machine.Yes, believe it or not - this machine can really cut records!!! I cannot believe myself. The enclosed records are made of simple thick plastic foil, so you can cut them for one time with the special heavy recorder-needle. I am wondering that this machine haven't sold a million times in the 70ies - such an unbelievable concept, man! But this is so damn rare... even in Japan. This is the first appearance in the history of internet!!! Million thanks to my friend Hiromichi from Tokyo!!! Some detail shots coming soon!

Sound 10 | Design 10 | Coolness 10[/b]

also, i want one of these

awesome post pookeyblow