New Fugees Look = not a good one?

Comments

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts
    it's not a look - it's ONE SHOT from a photo session, or do people really think the clothes people wear on album covers are what they're gonna rock until there next album comes with new gear????

You're saying they don't dress that way when lounging at home?

Bob Marley never wore a wig...

The Fugees are not Bob Marley

And?

Though they are not reggae, they invoke him a lot in their music.

Did you see Lauryn on unplugged when she was crying about how she had to wear make-up and dress up all the time and she didn't want to do it anymore?

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I really like that Unplugged thing she did.

Fugees have always been kinda to me, though.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

1000 headwraps just died

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    it's not a look - it's ONE SHOT from a photo session, or do people really think the clothes people wear on album covers are what they're gonna rock until there next album comes with new gear????

You're saying they don't dress that way when lounging at home?

Bob Marley never wore a wig...

And?

Though they are not reggae, they invoke him a lot in their music.

Did you see Lauryn on unplugged when she was crying about how she had to wear make-up and dress up all the time and she didn't want to do it anymore?

And?

I'm just shocked that anybody is trying to put the ideological screws to Lauryn in 2005 and that they're doing it via a critique of her hairstyle.

Hasn't it been obvious throughout her career that she isn't about much besides appearances? Or were any of you actually taken in by the collection of musical Hallmark cards that was Miseducation?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Faux, did you know about my gigantic kufi in my closet?

• lauren hill has always grated on my nerves.

????lauryn will always be a queen in my eyes and the eyes of many. shes soulful, sexy as hell, and can out rap most emcees on their best days...granted, the photos a bit uncharacteristic of them, but lets see what the album sounds like when it drops.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    adult contemporary anyone?

They look like they're on a double bill tour with John Tesh.

Faux, did you know about my gigantic kufi in my closet?

Dudes from Philly get a pass

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I was the bad son who broke away.

• This looks to be a photo from the upcoming music issue of Vanity Fair. This isn't going to hurt their cred and it isn't going to be their imaging for the album. They are obviously trying to hit the streets with the first single, which they are now making into a video (based upon a great # of spins), but they have their commercial songs coming too. They are planning now to hit a similar level they did with The Score. In fact, a (real) lengthy arena tour is currently in the works.

Now, based upon today's climate, if you think they can do it or not is another question.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    Why does Wyclef look more and more like Billy Joel as the years go by?

HAHAHAHAHHA

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    I think it will work well with the Black Eyed Peas audience. Easy brand (Fugees) to ressurect and I think will probably be a hit with the teen to early 20s audience.

If marketed correctly.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I was gonna write something about how they've fell off, but who cares. Shit is obvious. This photo makes me embarrassed for them. Fuck em all. 'Clef needs to pay the people who work for him before he vaults back into the mainstream. Fuck that dude, he is a Bob Marley impostor.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

And I don't care what Faux says, sometims getting a Hallmark card feels good, so I still enjoy the high points of 'Miseducation', even though Lauren is clearly trying to invoke the ideology of Dorothy Hamill.

• The Comeback could be good. Photo aint crazy, but whatever you can't judge by one photo... And anyone who says they don't like Lauryn is a fucking liar.

*** There are no more music FANS. Only Music CRITICS. And neither buy music. ***

Whatever happened to giving artists the benefit of the doubt??

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

*** WIG IS WACK ***

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

The Comeback could be good. Photo aint crazy, but whatever you can't judge by one photo... And anyone who says they don't like Lauryn is a fucking liar.

*** There are no more music FANS. Only Music CRITICS. And neither buy music. ***

You mad?

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    The Comeback could be good. Photo aint crazy, but whatever you can't judge by one photo... And anyone who says they don't like Lauryn is a fucking liar.

You mad?

haha. no shit! i've never liked lauryn hill from day one. i'm a fucking liar?! now i tell you sir, the "comeback" will indeed[/b] suck balls...from the 1st single to the last one. the album will do terrible and no one will care. i am a music fan and i buy mucho musico.

now who is the liar, rubberbabybitchboy?

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    i'm not really looking forward to ballroom rap.

i wasn't looking forward to it the first time either

• discussssssss

I'm not mad at all. They all look sharp.I'm actually feeling what Wyclef is rocking. If Cam & J.R. rider rocked some of those clothes would the be considered "fly and repping that classic Harlem shit"?

the new single is pretty though. I've never been head over heels with thur music. I liked singles here and there, the score had some joints but whatevers.

If Cam & J.R. rider rocked some of those clothes would the be considered "fly and repping that classic Harlem shit"?

The people on this board that say that type of thing are not the ones currently working themselves into a froth over the Fugees' stylist's decisions.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

LOL!!!

My brother was talking about that the other day, I don't think he ever forgave Dre...

• If Cam & J.R. rider rocked some of those clothes would the be considered "fly and repping that classic Harlem shit"?

The people on this board that say that type of thing are not the ones currently working themselves into a froth over the Fugees' stylist's decisions.

I'm not frothing. I'm just sayin'. little dudes started swinging their purses over something as lame as "OH MY GOD WHAT ARE THEY WEARING?"

what are you dudes a bunch of Mr. Blackwell's in training? The new Joan Rivers?

LOL!!!

My brother was talking about that the other day, I don't think he ever forgave Dre...

People tend to forget about it now, but there was a time when everyone I knew genuinely believed that Dre was done. That record--and a lot of other things that he did around that time--was horrible.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

I'm not frothing. I'm just sayin'. little dudes started swinging their purses over something as lame as "OH MY GOD WHAT ARE THEY WEARING?"

saying

If Cam & J.R. rider rocked some of those clothes would the be considered "fly and repping that classic Harlem shit"?

I agree with you, I'm just saying.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

*** WIGGEDY WIGGEDY WACK[/b] ***

• If Cam & J.R. rider rocked some of those clothes would the be considered "fly and repping that classic Harlem shit"?

I agree with you, I'm just saying.

and I still like 'Clef's suit.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    that's going into the lexicon

"damn son, you don't gotta swing your purse and shit"