anyone yet heard the new slum village?

Skip DrinkwaterSkip Drinkwater 1,694 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
the production on there is even if you're not much of a slum fan, this shit might surprise you like it did me. elzhi is a great emcee, and t3 even stepped it up lyrically this time around. but man, the beats. some of the beats on there are straight up

Comments

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I'm assuming that it's better than Detroit Deli - it HAS to be!

What's the title on this one? And the production credits who this time around?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i hope i dont ever have to

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    I'm assuming that it's better than Detroit Deli - it HAS to be!

• it's definately better than detroit deli. brian - give it a chance, you might dig it. if nothing else, at least the production.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    PS/

• JKrissJKriss 167 Posts
    i like this way more then that little bro cd. not sayin much but still. id def say the production is way better and elzhi is a solid mc. the beat on 05 is

• i like this way more then that little bro cd. not sayin much but still. id def say the production is way better and elzhi is a solid mc. the beat on 05 is
    is that the joint where all the instruments are live? yeah, that one is

• JKrissJKriss 167 Posts
    yep those horns and drums are retarded. shit that whole track is crazy

• I think is Elzhi is real cold on the mic. All I have is the new single, it's pretty solid overall. One side is kinda reminded me "Selfish" but with keyboard blips and moog noises, the flip is pretty on point. It reminded me of some older dilla shit with the drum patterns on some psuedo-brazzilian ish.

Is that Elzhi CD "witness my growth" any good?

P.S. This 12'' by Exile featuring Slum Village is crazy

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    Is that Elzhi CD "witness my growth" any good?

P.S. This 12'' by Exile featuring Slum Village is crazy

Yeah, that mixtape is nice. If you cop it, I think Elzhi's unreleased cassette tape - "Out of Focus" EP comes with it too. I have copies of the tape, if anyone's interested. I only have like two. I think I have two copies of the mixtape (double CD) too.

That 12" is a humdinger, for real.

That libidosounds.com website is a partnership between Elzhi and a producer/rapper Nick Speed, who just signed to G-Unit as an in-house producer. I love seeing Detroit talent on the come-up! Check Nick Speed's production on the new 50 Cent movie... if you choose to see that shit.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Yeah, that mixtape is nice. If you cop it, I think Elzhi's unreleased cassette tape - "Out of Focus" EP comes with it too. I have copies of the tape, if anyone's interested. I only have like two. I think I have two copies of the mixtape (double CD) too.

Is that the 12 track CD?

I was wondering what the name for it was.

• gambitgambit 906 Posts

Is that the 12 track CD?

I was wondering what the name for it was.

I'm not sure if it has 12 tracks. I believe it's under 10. There were two unreleased projects he was supposed to release. The Out of Focus EP was finally released last year on tape. It has tracks like "Boomerang" and "muSICK" on it. If you have those in that folder, then you have it with some extra tracks.

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    You may have Life'S entence[/b]. That's the other unreleased joint.

Which one?

Thx for the info btw

• gambitgambit 906 Posts

Which one?

Thx for the info btw
    They are from both unreleased projects. Most of those are on the mixtape though.

They are from both unreleased projects. Most of those are on the mixtape though.
    Thx Heaps

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    I just downloaded their new album i'm endorsing it fully,this is gonna be my first Slum Village album purchase when it's drops this month.I feel like i'm ing out

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    ...this is gonna be my first Slum Village album purchase when it's drops...

Whaa?

You never got this?

MANDATORY

On a side note, I think almost any of those dudes could come up to me and I wouldn't even recognize them.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    I remember liking the track where they sampled James Brown that was creative,but besides that i haven't been able to get into them.Probably everything has come full circle now and i can now digest what they've been doing since then coming up to this point.There's a lot of sampling it seem's on this new joint,thats what i'm feelin about it.

• JKrissJKriss 167 Posts
    eveybody need to check 05, no sampling on it, jus sick live instrumentation. im not much of a sv fan at all but i cant get over this track

• PEKPEK 735 Posts

MANDATORY

Co-

Also, Volume 1 - in the words of Shawn Carter: so necessary...

• can i expect another j dilla arguement/brawl soon?

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    can i expect another j dilla arguement/brawl soon?

I don't think there's really any disputing Jay Dee. That album and the style he came with was ground breaking.

• can i expect another j dilla arguement/brawl soon?

I don't think there's really any disputing Jay Dee. That album and the style he came with was ground breaking.

homie, copy+paste that shit to a new thread! lets get it crackin in here!

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    can i expect another j dilla arguement/brawl soon?

homie, copy+paste that shit to a new thread! lets get it crackin in here!

hahaha

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

MANDATORY

• MoSSMoSS 458 Posts
    On some shameless self-promo, I did "1,2" on the Slum lp. BR GUNNA replayed part of the sample and thus has co-pro on the track

What's interesting is the lp sampler someone provided in this thread has the version of my joint before all the samples got dropped out because of clearance issues. lol. I always wanted to hear this version, and now I got it! Good look'n...lol

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    Yeh i only heard a snippet form the new joint but it sounds nice... I will wait to hear the full album before making any kind of judgement...

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I had Slum Village play for my birthday party years ago and they are cool dudes. Batin almost got kicked out the club for smuggling a jug of wine in the club.

A jug.