QUESTION TO MY JEWISH STRUTTER N*GGAZ

Comments

• As a jew I can state that the only people who use yiddish at all are hasidim, old people, and everyone else... "Everyone else" is generally just using it as a joke or to swear. So, yiddish is basically a big joke, and I don't think it really makes us jews look cool like the Sopranos slang kinda makes italians look cool.

Hava Nagila is also a big joke that always incites a big groan whenever played at a bar-mitzvah, etc... Being that the most visible jews are Jerry Seinfeld, Larry David, etc.. it seems that Judaism is inextricably linked with humor in today's usa. So sampling hava nagila would probably turn out as a joke, which really isn't so bad, but I personally am tired of it.

I've got some killer eastern european yiddish records that I just have to get around to sampling, and these sound more like bhangra music than anything else so wait for that.

I would like to say that holmes is considerably off point in his proclamations. Many people still use yiddishisms in there everyday speech. He needs to spend Thanksgiving with me in Baltimore. His head would be snapping with all the shaina meidels and shepen naches being thrown around. And we aint no old hasidic jews. I think it really depends on where you live. In the NE corridor you can find jewish communities using "cool" sopranolike yiddish easily. In places with smaller populations or in mixed groups you won't hear it as much. Hava Nagila in tight communities ain't to be fucked with. My wife's cousins will fuck you up with some serious center center circle business like this....

Hey, I live in Brooklyn. There's more Jews here than anywhere else, ok? I know jews, and you're right, plenty of jews toss around certain yiddish words, but the only people who really speak it as a language are Hasidim (who live on my block), and old timers. My family talks like that too, but so does my Italian American boss. Plenty of Yiddish has entered the American Lexicon like Italian and Spanish words, but the difference is the yiddish words are usually used as a joke.

I would like it if there were more jewish themed songs on the radio, but at the moment if a rapper or rock star were to throw a few "meshuggenahs" or even "schmucks" into their songs instead of "yayo," loco" or "capishe" I'm pretty sure it would be taken as a joke.

So if you're family still listens to Hava Nagila and does that russian-dance shit, then good for you man, eat all the pickled herring you want, but this is not the majority of people (not even Jewish people).

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Ok, so I'm dating a shiksa in Fredericton, one of the most goyish places in Canada, and every so often I'll be all "oi, that's meshuga" or "that guy's such an alter kaker" and she's like 'what?' So I have to stop and explain and my point is this: more Yiddish anywhere is good. Any rendition of hava nagila is good, if not a little corny.

Here's the real question: how do people without a basic understanding of Yiddish find Mel Brooks movies funny? Hell, forget Mel Brooks. I was watching The Party the other night and one of the characters calls Claudine Longet meshuga. I'm plutzing, because it's funny, but no one else gets the joke. Why would they? It was like the time I was watching Curb your Enthusiasm and Larry David made a joke about Seinfeld doing cantorial work at Beth Shalom, or something to that effect, and it cracked me up, but the people I was watching with--as goyish as you get--had no idea it was funny. It makes me feel like I'm privy to some special knowledge, but really, that special knowledge is pretty useless.

So anyway, this pischer gives his blessing.

PS In Fredericton, you can still get listed in the phone book under Guy Kakenyum and, if you get the joke, it's the funniest thing ever. Yay for scatalogical yiddish curses.

• Ha ha, that's tight. Represent, D3.

If that were true (and by no means am I saying that it is true in all cases or even most cases) then I would like to be better than those who are guilty of not caring about offending other people and cultures, rather than do the same thing that they do. I would like to at least TRY to be better... I know I will fall short sometimes, but all any of us can do is try.

Wow, real, real talk.

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    Damn, i didn't know some people could be that stiff. And that's mostly the problem with jewish, they don't tolerate humor when it's not coming from Seinfeld's mouth. That was a mean and stoopid way to tell Phil to do it just because he don't have to bother about that. We are raping entire catalogues without wondering about that. Why should we specifically care about sampling a jewish gem when such a thought don't even come to mind with others. But i know...i'm being an asshole. I like that role. Everybody needs a part in a movie. Call me the asshole.

ps : TRYing is good...i have nothing against that. I try to declare my samples when it's Fela, Manu, Roy, etc...for example. I try to to be fair. I try to keep a balance. So let's say that if i have to wonder about offending some Jewish dude because of the way i chopped some violins, well, too bad.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Damn, i didn't know some people could be that stiff. And that's mostly the problem with jewish, they don't tolerate humor when it's not coming from Seinfeld's mouth. That was a mean and stoopid way to tell Phil to do it just because he don't have to bother about that. We are raping entire catalogues without wondering about that. Why should we specifically care about sampling a jewish gem when such a thought don't even come to mind with others. But i know...i'm being an asshole. I like that role. Everybody needs a part in a movie. Call me the asshole.

ps : TRYing is good...i have nothing against that. I try to declare my samples when it's Fela, Manu, Roy, etc...for example. I try to to be fair. I try to keep a balance. So let's say that if i have to wonder about offending some Jewish dude because of the way i chopped some violins, well, too bad.

make a distinction between Judaism (the religion) and Jewish culture.

Phil was worried about offending the religion, not the culture. sampling is a little bit exploitative, but it's tolerable. borderline blasphemy isn't, but Hava Nagliah isn't at all religious, so it's all good.

still think making a track with yiddish slang over the hava negliah beat is , but I guess as long as you don't shoot a video where you're rhyming with earlocks and throwin menorahs up, it's ok.

Hey, I live in Brooklyn. There's more Jews here than anywhere else, ok? I know jews, and you're right, plenty of jews toss around certain yiddish words, but the only people who really speak it as a language are Hasidim (who live on my block), and old timers.

no, you know the jews on your block.

a bunch of dudes have already sonned you on their families and friends (mine included) that are way down with hava negliah and spit mad yiddish.

• And that's mostly the problem with jewish, they don't tolerate humor when it's not coming from Seinfeld's mouth.

damn, "the problem with Jewish people"? I'm not really feeling the sound of that at all...

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

can we ban this fucker?

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Everybody so Sensitive!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Everybody so Sensitive!

yo man, this fuckwad keeps insulting Jewish people based on negative stereotypes and his own twisted thoughts of the culture and people.

I know its a tired old comparrison, but if someone was doing the same thing on here about black people cats would be asking for his head on a platter

BTW y'all notice how open those with negative views of Jews are on this site? I mean its not even accidental type racism its straight up "jews are ________ (Fill in the blank)

• "jews are ________ (Fill in the blank)

I got it - "greedy".

WHAT DO I WIN???

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

This is some bogus shit. "The problem with Jewish"?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

i would call you an asshole, but that seems a little too complimentary.

mostly the problem with izm707, he don't understand when to shut his mouth.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Everybody so Sensitive!

if someone was doing the same thing on here about names for cats...

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    "jews are ________ (Fill in the blank)

I got it - "greedy".

WHAT DO I WIN???

wrong!

the correct answer was "evil"

don't worry though you can make up points in the lightning round

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    izm707 is fucking hilarious

I got it - "greedy".

WHAT DO I WIN???

wrong!

we would've accepted "crafty," "devious" or "good with money."

I got it - "greedy".

WHAT DO I WIN???

wrong!

I was thinking of going with "horned beasts"

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

I got it - "greedy".

WHAT DO I WIN???

wrong!

I was going to say "horny"

I got it - "greedy".

WHAT DO I WIN???

wrong!

I was going to say "hairy"

I got it - "greedy".

WHAT DO I WIN???

wrong!

you're thinking of italians

I got it - "greedy".

WHAT DO I WIN???

wrong!

i wish...

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

I got it - "greedy".

WHAT DO I WIN???

wrong!

i wish...

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    so sensitive

i would say emotional...last time i checked the board, i saw a strutter, nick starting with a G, he was arguing about how J.LO can say the N word, how anyone (meaning whites) could even use it since everybody does (including Fat Joe). So stupid for stupid, i'd rather have fun while posting. I know my sense of humor is highly dismissed, but can't stop, won't stop...

and don't let me post my face in here...people please stop face posting. It's getting homosexual for a minute. Posting butts is not allowed. So let's not post face (and i'm not saying y'all got buttfaces ok??).

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    so sensitive

i would say emotional...last time i checked the board, i saw a strutter, nick starting with a G, and he was arguing about how J.LO can say the N word, how anyone (meaning whites) could even use it since everybody does (including Fat Joe). So stupid for stupid, i'd rather have fun while posting. I know my sense of humor is highly dismissed, but can't stop, won't stop...

and don't let me post my face in here...people please stop face posting. It's getting homosexual for a minute. Posting butts is not allowed. So let's not post face (and i'm not saying y'all got buttfaces ok??).

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    so sensitive

i would say emotional...last time i checked the board, i saw a strutter, nick starting with a G, and he was arguing about how J.LO can say the N word, how anyone (meaning whites) could even use it since everybody does (including Fat Joe). So stupid for stupid, i'd rather have fun while posting. I know my sense of humor is highly dismissed, but can't stop, won't stop...

think of it as "location material"

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    so sensitive

i would say emotional...last time i checked the board, i saw a strutter, nick starting with a G, he was arguing about how J.LO can say the N word, how anyone (meaning whites) could even use it since everybody does (including Fat Joe). So stupid for stupid, i'd rather have fun while posting. I know my sense of humor is highly dismissed, but can't stop, won't stop...

The rap game sucks right now. It's like money see money do. It went from the gangsta s**t to now the pimp s**t. Everybody's a pimp. If you know what a real pimp is? A real pimp is a homo. Most pimps are homosexuals. That's why pimps like to have perms, they like to get their nails done, they like to get manicures and they like to dress fancy. Like women! They hate women because they wanna be women. That's why they have women out there selling *****because they dont have no *****. They're mad at em. That's where the pimp culture come from. Only a homo would beat up a woman, man. Only a f***ing punk would do that. And this is what these rappers glorify. If you look at it? You have Jay-Z .. "Big Pimpin"... 50 Cent.."P.I.M.P".., you've got Nelly ..."Pimp Juice".. David Banner.."Like a Pimp"! You've got mothaf***in' everybody doing something with a pimp.Everybody's a pimp. Where are all the stand up guys? Where are all the mother****in? leaders? Where are the Malcolm X's and the Martin Luther Kings at, man? They don?t exist no more? They pimps too?
    S to the A

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    so sensitive

Are you from France? Are you that guy who's feeding dogs to sharks? You better check yourself before you wreck yourself.

Don't fuck with man's best friend!!

Freedom fries forever!!

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Are you from France? Are you that guy who's feeding dogs to sharks? You better check yourself before you wreck yourself.
    Freedom fries forever!!

Yo! Haz,
    Calm down.
    You're OFF TOPIC man, you're not arguing like you should.

And Who said that:

The rap game sucks right now. It's like money see money do. It went from the gangsta s**t to now the pimp s**t. Everybody's a pimp. If you know what a real pimp is? A real pimp is a homo. Most pimps are homosexuals. That's why pimps like to have perms, they like to get their nails done, they like to get manicures and they like to dress fancy. Like women! They hate women because they wanna be women. That's why they have women out there selling *****because they dont have no *****. They're mad at em. That's where the pimp culture come from. Only a homo would beat up a woman, man. Only a f***ing punk would do that. And this is what these rappers glorify. If you look at it? You have Jay-Z .. "Big Pimpin"... 50 Cent.."P.I.M.P".., you've got Nelly ..."Pimp Juice".. David Banner.."Like a Pimp"! You've got mothaf***in' everybody doing something with a pimp.Everybody's a pimp. Where are all the stand up guys? Where are all the mother****in? leaders? Where are the Malcolm X's and the Martin Luther Kings at, man? They don?t exist no more? They pimps too?
    S to the A

CO-

Peace.

Bapt

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Freedom fries forever!!

Yo! Haz,
    Calm down.
    You're OFF TOPIC man, you're not arguing like you should.

Because I'm French (too) and I don't do the shits y'all think a French do.