QUESTION TO MY JEWISH STRUTTER N*GGAZ

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Just think how you would feel if I took a slave spiritual and used it in a song to make light of (AKA bastardize) the black plight in America.

Haha! Get your analogy game up, dude--it might not be a good look, but it would not be "like" what you described.

not that far removed from the original point. I'm basically saying that if you take a song rooted in a culture and use it in a way that pokes fun at the culture its just not a good look.

Did I just offend your blackness?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Just think how you would feel if I took a slave spiritual and used it in a song to make light of (AKA bastardize) the black plight in America.

Haha! Get your analogy game up, dude--it might not be a good look, but it would not be "like" what you described.

Didn't Guzzo do this on Blind Date?

not that far removed from the original point. I'm basically saying that if you take a song rooted in a culture and use it in a way that pokes fun at the culture its just not a good look.

I think you offended everybody's sense of logic.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Didn't Guzzo do this on Blind Date?

I think you offended everybody's sense of logic.

nah pretty sure it was just yours.

But don't worry you shall overcome

• I am not Jewish but I have to say. I heard a jewish klezmer band over the weekend at the national folk fest and they kicked ass. Breaks for days and dope horns.

• Just think how you would feel if I took a slave spiritual and used it in a song to make light of (AKA bastardize) the black plight in America.

When I caress my inner black man, he says "extra cheese".

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    As a jew I can state that the only people who use yiddish at all are hasidim, old people, and everyone else... "Everyone else" is generally just using it as a joke or to swear. So, yiddish is basically a big joke, and I don't think it really makes us jews look cool like the Sopranos slang kinda makes italians look cool.

Hava Nagila is also a big joke that always incites a big groan whenever played at a bar-mitzvah, etc... Being that the most visible jews are Jerry Seinfeld, Larry David, etc.. it seems that Judaism is inextricably linked with humor in today's usa. So sampling hava nagila would probably turn out as a joke, which really isn't so bad, but I personally am tired of it.

I've got some killer eastern european yiddish records that I just have to get around to sampling, and these sound more like bhangra music than anything else so wait for that.

I would like to say that holmes is considerably off point in his proclamations. Many people still use yiddishisms in there everyday speech. He needs to spend Thanksgiving with me in Baltimore. His head would be snapping with all the shaina meidels and shepen naches being thrown around. And we aint no old hasidic jews. I think it really depends on where you live. In the NE corridor you can find jewish communities using "cool" sopranolike yiddish easily. In places with smaller populations or in mixed groups you won't hear it as much. Hava Nagila in tight communities ain't to be fucked with. My wife's cousins will fuck you up with some serious center center circle business like this....

Oh and btw
    If you can make some money from it, I'd say go for it. [/b]
    spoken like a true Jew.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Phill, the answer is so obvious.

You need to give your beat to:

• As the sole black Haitian[/b] jew who lives in Nashville and has seen Iron Maiden in 10 countries[/b] on the strut

There is only one yoigotbeats! 'Sup, G******?

why do cats always gotta blow spots???!?!?!?!

I'm chillin - I got that thing for you but lost your addy - PM and you'll have your clean version

• As far the music goes you have my blessing.

co-sign. make the beat, just don't come with "I'm rocking rumpshaker on the shofar" type ish!!!

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    I'm a 1/2 Jew and I say go for it, it sounds dope and funny, as long as you don't overdo it.

Visiting my mom's relatives in Providence always kicked the shit outta the waspy dinners at my dad's extended fam's spots in Cambridge. "Ahem.....Nancy? Could you please pass the salt..." going up against "Oh I hoid he doesn't even hayve a jawb, why doesn't she date Larry? His fawtha is a supoib dentist!" Please,

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    one thing i dont get Phil : why do you care about offending jews when jews don't care about offending other people and cultures. And i'm not being an asshole. But it's not even a problem...And my grand-mother was a Levy, so please keep your anti-semitic speech for "you", whoever you are...lol.

what i'm saying is do like him :

FUCK THE INDUSTRY!!!

ps : ans as long as you don't perform at bar-mitzvah, you should be ok...

one thing i dont get Phil : why do you care about offending jews when jews don't care about offending other people and cultures. And i'm not being an asshole.

You're being an a**hole

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    one thing i dont get Phil : why do you care about offending jews when jews don't care about offending other people and cultures.

If that were true (and by no means am I saying that it is true in all cases or even most cases) then I would like to be better than those who are guilty of not caring about offending other people and cultures, rather than do the same thing that they do. I would like to at least TRY to be better... I know I will fall short sometimes, but all any of us can do is try.

• Pardon self lord but don't you mean this? Best to be right and exact God.

THE HATTER DONT MISS NOTHIN!

man I was waiting for hater Paycheck to come with the dumb shit. why don't you read this instead:

• relevance?

man I was waiting for hater Paycheck to come with the dumb shit.

You must take yourself too seriously. Isn't it your born day God? Go drink a culture cipher and hit some Power U.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    one thing i dont get Phil : why do you care about offending jews when jews don't care about offending other people and cultures. And i'm not being an asshole. But it's not even a problem...And my grand-mother was a Levy, so please keep your anti-semitic speech for "you", whoever you are...lol.

what i'm saying is do like him :

FUCK THE INDUSTRY!!!

ps : ans as long as you don't perform at bar-mitzvah, you should be ok...

This post makes no sense to me?!?

WTF?

• relevance?

Nick Catchdubs is now dating Paris Hilton?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

Pardon self lord but don't you mean this? Best to be right and exact God.

• You must take yourself too seriously. Isn't it your born day God? Go drink a culture cipher and hit some Power U.

true i gots to chill. culture cipher i've taken care of but still working on the power U. my wisdom won't answer my calls!!!

• You must take yourself too seriously. Isn't it your born day God? Go drink a culture cipher and hit some Power U.

true i gots to chill. culture cipher i've taken care of but still working on the power U. my wisdom won't answer my calls!!!

Yo then you need to move on. You know, earth revolves around the sun god. God gonna do what god gonna do, Solomon had many wives too. Spread your seed around and give birth to new nations.

You must take yourself too seriously. Isn't it your born day God? Go drink a culture cipher and hit some Power U.

Yo then you need to move on. You know, earth revolves around the sun god. God gonna do what god gonna do, Solomon had many wives too. Spread your seed around and give birth to new nations.

No doubt.

And play it off, if your wife call, she's your cousin Dawn

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

Dag, I guess I might as well just do what I wanna do... nobody don't seem to care about mocking my 5% niggaz, do y'all? I knew y'all were down with the bloodsucking 10%, you can't foll me. Devils.

Dag, I guess I might as well just do what I wanna do... nobody don't seem to care about mocking my 5% niggaz, do y'all? I knew y'all were down with the bloodsucking 10%, you can't foll me. Devils.

Now cipher god! I used to roll with god body... then I caught my brother eating ho-hos man... it was a sad day.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Phill, I don't have the time to read all this. Let me just say:

DO IT!

Yiddish is part of the American vernacular just the same as African American words like "cool" are. If you feel ok using shmuck in your everyday language then use it in a song.

Yiddish is not a religious language. Never was. It is a language of gossip and insults, making it perfect for a rap tune if you ask me.

It was once the secret language of our great grandparents, but is now the forgotten language of our grandparents. It survives today as the words you know which have entered the English language.

Hava Nagila is, as mentioned, a celebratory song. Before the Kletzmor revival of the 80s, the only Eastern European Jewish dance song that we remembered.

Just don't try to channel Jewish rage as inspired by listening to Billy Joel.

Dan

Now where are the picks from the Night Owl Record Show?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    one thing i dont get Phil : why do you care about offending jews when jews don't care about offending other people and cultures. And i'm not being an asshole.

Wow dude I don't even know what to say about that type of shit other than your a anti-semetic dumbass

...And my grand-mother was a Levy, so please keep your anti-semitic speech for "you", whoever you are...lol.

this only makes what you said that much more insulting.
    keep your stereotypes to your damn self and according to how it seems your family passed down values through the generations I'd strongly recommend sterilization

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Who are these guys? What are you trying to say? I'm gonna bet this is an "I was drunk" post. That guy looks vaguely jewish. Are you upset because that band's name is a j5 bite?

• DO IT!

Yiddish is part of the American vernacular just the same as African American words like "cool" are. If you feel ok using shmuck in your everyday language then use it in a song.

Yiddish is not a religious language. Never was. It is a language of gossip and insults, making it perfect for a rap tune if you ask me.

kosher cosign

no reason not to do this, phil.