Official Weekend Finds Thread October 7-9, 2005 !

Comments

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    picked up a few things today:

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Whats that Spacechild Squall about? Looks cool.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    Whats that Spacechild Squall about? Looks cool.

It's a live album private press from 1977 from Nicodemus...kinda outsider folk/psyche from Detroit.

• slushslush 691 Posts
    i got my heatrock and its great!

and i found the heads - heads up

and crucial conflict - hey

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    Ehhh..so, so...

Andre Previn and J.J. Johnson "Plays Mack The Knife" (Columbia Jazz/Odyssey)

Tina Turner "Acid Queen" (UA, 75)

and a sealed Christian record from North Carolina I might flip on Ebay or something

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    sir edward-the power of feeling

Harold Vick alias. Hardest version of 'People Make The World Go Round" evar!!

Slow week on the streets of CPH:

And didn't I just have to pick up that Wham! 'Young Guns (Go For It)' 12" that was staring at me in the cheapo bin? Oh yes I did. The dub version on the flipside is gonna get plenty airplay when I'm feeling all and overjoyed inna dance.
    The groove sans George and Andrew is .
    Hatters come out to play???

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    it was a soggy weekend, but during the week and this weekend i managed to brave the elements to go to thrifts and indoor fleas from around the region---25 cents to a dollar each---

megaraer highlife and afrobeat funk lps--most of them Ghana pressings!!!!---the Frimpong lp has a song that has been comped on a afrobeat comp titled "afro rock". it's killer. the sweet talks lp has tons of killer breaks and loads of amazing percussion---certianly--at 50 cents each--this was probably among my fave finds of the week.

loads of goods in that pic!

mostly avant garde goods in that one above.

the Sine record is a promo lp on Prelude. It is a Pat Adams/p.brown product (of CLOUD ONE). instro/arp/moog space disco

the Robert Gorl (of DAF) is a early 12" on Mute. It's also a white label handwritten test press.
    not a huge fan of thin lizzy--but that's a korean press lp on vertigo. thought i'd give it a chance for a quarter.
    oh yeah--some of those are doubles. i must have 5 copies of that batman (feat. sun ra/sonny sharrock) record.
    three of that p.i.l. record. 3 of that tom waits lp (though this is my 2nd promo copy of it).
    if anyone wants a copy of those--holler before i decide to sell them at a flea market to punk rock kids or up on ebay!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    in a big stack of rackords I'm just gettin through now, I found the dance remix of "owner of a lonely heart."

should've been that white belt heat, but it's god awful.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    wow dakar. amazing finds!

whats that joint underneath Tad Jones/Mel Lewis?

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

got some raer free jazz too.

• wow dakar. amazing finds!

got some raer free jazz too.

I am soooo right now.

• Some nice ones this weekend:

Starpoint - Keepin On it LP
    Gap Mangione - She and I LP
    Joy OST LP

• Bay Area Heatttttttt (tip of iceberg)

• Bay Area Heatttttttt (tip of iceberg)
    What the hell is that below the Outlaw?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    YO SON THAT JONATHAN AND LEIGH GOT MAD FOLK HEAT ON IT

DON'T SLEEP!

• What the hell is that below the Outlaw?

G.I. Gurdjieff Improvisations. Shhhh, I'm not really supposed to talk about it in public.

G.I. Gurdjieff Improvisations. Shhhh, I'm not really supposed to talk about it in public.

Well if that is the case, then your probably not supposed to be posting pics of it on Soulstrut either...

• YO SON THAT KANYE WEST GOT MAD FOLK ART ON IT

At least answer me this...
    "Is it some Religious Secret Squirell shit?"

• Johnny I think guzzo peed in that beer you just chugged

• Johnny I think guzzo peed in that beer you just chugged

I do weigh more than Guzzo, maybe he'll date me

This thread is weekend finds not weekend grinds. Take that ish to Blinddate.com!

• This thread is weekend finds not weekend grinds. Take that ish to Blinddate.com!

Dude weekend finds from quiet grinds

Plus, dating guzzo is, like, a soulstrut phenomenon (CROSS THREAD POLINATION)

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    just one thing today but its a good one.
    mamoud ahmed-ere mela mela (ethiopian heat)
    found it at the local spot in the israel section.

• I challenge all lurkers to post up. I wanna see what you're finding in rural Nebraska, thanks!!![/b]

Ask for Nebraska digs and they will come. Here are some week(end) husker finds:

Anybody in the Omaha area should check out the new used record store here on 66th & Maple. PM me if you need details.

THANKS!!!! How are those Gospel LPs?

• Options

whats that joint underneath Tad Jones/Mel Lewis?

It's the Grammackes International from Guadaloupe. No funky tunes on that one.

K in Canada.

• THANKS!!!! How are those Gospel LPs?

Jean Powel & Co. is the only Gospel record...has a cool modern/boogie-ish sounding tune...pretty neat lo-fi cover with no info (probably mid 80s). I haven't listened to Bilalian Creation yet (turntable issues) but from what I understand, it's modern soul not gospel.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    I bought some sealed records...

And Hcrink, I got your package (AYO) thanx a million dude.

• got some really cool 12's and a couple 45's too but too lazy to shoot...