GRANDMASTERS: Muggs vs Gza...

idiotproofidiotproof 880 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
Copped a promo & am enjoying it.Sounds like he went for a classic early WU sound. Maybe not Muggs most sensastional, some tracks seem a bit bare bones, but good to hear his beats sans-B-Reals voice.Could have done with some of Muggs negelected scratches, but on the whole it's not that bad.Lyrically Gza seems to be just rhyming about hip hop. The guests are Rza, Rekwon & Masta Killah.I'd say about 2/3rds are all cake to me.Advanced Pawns feat. Raekwon [/b]

Comments

• Awww. I thought we were gonna talk about Muggs Vs. GZA. I think overall I would go with Muggs. Cypress Hill - Black Sunday is the shit. Crazy beats for days. Also all the other things he did with T-Ray were dope as fuck.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    think overall I would go with Muggs GZA. Liquid Swords is a candidate for best album of the mid-90's

• Yeah i'd defintely go for Muggs as well. The first album is prime material, but I rate the 12" of 'Illusions' from 'T.O.B.' as my personal fave Muggs track, even his own remix is solid. His beats just hit harder & have that heavy pounding factor that Gza lacks.

• think overall I would go with Muggs GZA. Liquid SwordsBlack Sunday is the a candidate for best album of the mid-90's

• Just kidding. I just wanted to slash your shit out.

Just kidding. I just wanted to slash your shit out.

• Just kidding. I just wanted to slash your shit out.

cool

• "Okay kids, we'll let's compare the symphonic attributes of both 'Black Sunday' with 'Liquid Swords' & come to a peaceful conclusion"

• Yeah i'd defintely go for Muggs as well. The first album is prime material, but I rate the 12" of 'Illusions' from 'T.O.B.' as my personal fave Muggs track, even his own remix is solid. His beats just hit harder & have that heavy pounding factor that Gza lacks.

Didn't even notice your post amongst the slashing. Illusions is a dope song too. Lil' Putos, Hits From The Bong, I Ain't Goin' Out Like That, Hand On The Pump Phuncky Feel One, Insane In The Brain. Too much dope shit from this man. GZA is dope too but in a competition between the two I go towards Muggs.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    am i on crack or are people commenting on who's better, a producer or rapper? is it time for a dr dre vs paris hilton thread?

anyhow i love the early soul assasins sound, it was a great formula...i look forward to the album, i liked "all in together"

Dude, DJ Quik is SO better than Jimmy Iovine. No fucking contest.

• Actually the thread was about the new GRANDMASTERS album.
    With Muggs on beats & Gza on mic.

Doesn't take long for shit to get hijacked around here & go off topic. Ha...

• E_DailyE_Daily 812 Posts
    Actually this joint was kinda