Crappiest Records that are also Expensive?

BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
edited October 2005 in Record Collecting
Let us know. save reynaldo some cash.

Comments

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    Dude, there are sooooo many!

My most recent encounter with a gold-plated shitbird was the Hugh Brodie lp...that ish is garbage.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

• Let us know. save reynaldo some cash.
    lol! there are a lot that i've come across, just can't think of any off the top of my head right now. i'll get back to this thraed when i do.

• hcrunkhcrunk 116 Posts

Why do people sweat this one? Cuz its raer? I ain't hearin it.

• Options
    Dude, there are sooooo many!

My most recent encounter with a gold-plated shitbird was the Hugh Brodie lp...that ish is garbage.

I always get thi confued with that Chicago Afro funk record - Dan Boadie. Someone will tell me they have and I'll get all excited until the drop the needle...and I hnag up the phone.

K.

• I'll step up and be a hater.

Besides the first song...I don't get it.

I'd pay, maybe $10 for either of these.

• I'll step up and be a hater

I love that record.. but that's just me!

Most do. That first song is ill but the rest put me to sleep. Not worth the going rate IMO.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I'll step up and be a hater.

Buggin'

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

Buggin'

I cant say im a huge demonfuzz fan either. perhaps i expected too much.

• legendlegend 124 Posts

AMEN! ONE OF MY FAVORITES RIGHT THERE. "ANOTHER COUNTRY" IS MY SHIT!!

every song except for 'mercy' is really good.

i guess i like it cause i found a copy before the soulstrut factor kicked in and made it in demand. now their second one...straight butt.

kpm big beat, themes drama themes are two i don't understand.

• oh yeah i know i'll get slaughtered for this but weldon irvine's two nodlew records are highly overated.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

See, I think that album is solid from start to finish. But I can't hat on your hattering, because I think this record is straight ass:

See, I think that album is solid from start to finish. But I can't hat on your hattering, because I think this record is straight ass:

Buggin'!!!!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

My feelings exactly.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I think this record is straight ass:

I won't go that far, but I didn't really see what all the hype was about. Pretty dope & funky, but not really breaking any new ground or anything. Having said that, I have the reissue and it sounds like it was either recorded like shit or it is the pressing. Does the OG have good sound? Or does that record always sound like it was recorded in the back of a garbage truck doing 60 on I-95?

I won't go that far, but I didn't really see what all the hype was about. Pretty dope & funky, but not really breaking any new ground or anything. Having said that, I have the reissue and it sounds like it was either recorded like shit or it is the pressing. Does the OG have good sound? Or does that record always sound like it was recorded in the back of a garbage truck doing 60 on I-95?

It always has the "recorded in a large cave" sound going one, which, to me, is a part of its charm. Seriously, as iknstrumental funk albums go, this shit is unfuckwitable.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    I like how my Invaders 8 track sounds.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

It always has the "recorded in a large cave" sound going one, which, to me, is a part of its charm. Seriously, as iknstrumental funk albums go, this shit is unfuckwitable.

amen, that album just has such a great feeling to it, mostly because of the sound. it just SOUNDS rare and unknown and mysterious, which is why i really really really really really love that album.

i dont get people hating on it, really. why? what do you want? id pay $500 any day, if i could afford that (whats the going rate these days anyway?)

i dont get people hating on it, really. why? what do you want?

Honestly? I want something that's in tune and not played by dudes who make my Jr. High band sound like the London Philharmonic.

Seriously, though. I tried to like it. I probably listened to it 4-5 times all the way through over the period of a year. I kept thinking that eventually I would hear what everyone else was hearing, but I never did. The sound of that record just irratates me.

Honestly? I want something that's in tune and not played by dudes who make my Jr. High band sound like the London Philharmonic.

Seriously, though. I tried to like it. I probably listened to it 4-5 times all the way through over the period of a year. I kept thinking that eventually I would hear what everyone else was hearing, but I never did. The sound of that record just irratates me.

??? out of tune? the horns may sound somewhat sloppy at times, perhaps, but they definitely sound like they know what theyre doing..and i didnt notice anything out of tune. i guess i just look more for good effort and music than crystal clear perfection

and im not saying youre wrong either, i respect your opinion and dont wanna come off flustered because i know I like the record and thats what matters most, but really...i think youre making it out to be worse than it really is.

p.s. first 12 seconds of the track "spacing out" are probably my favorite 12 seconds ever recorded...

??? out of tune? the horns may sound somewhat sloppy at times, perhaps, but they definitely sound like they know what theyre doing..and i didnt notice anything out of tune. i guess i just look more for good effort and music than crystal clear perfection

and im not saying youre wrong either, i respect your opinion and dont wanna come off flustered because i know I like the record and thats what matters most, but really...i think youre making it out to be worse than it really is.

Don't worry, I'm playing it up a bit for effect. I don't really have anything against it. I do swear there's at least one song where a couple of the horns are noticeably off.

Don't worry, I'm playing it up a bit for effect. I don't really have anything against it. I do swear there's at least one song where a couple of the horns are noticeably off.

hahaha...yeah, but that gives it some added charm!

not to say a record of pure dissonance or 5 dudes who are playing the instruments for the first time would be enjoyable, but mistakes here and there are fun. i mean, i put a cd full of my favorite james brown tracks together today and that shit was full of mistakes! (anybody else ever notice this? time to make a new post)...however all those tracks are still great.

im not going anywhere with this, mentioning the horns being off just reminded me.

anyway, everybody carry on. some of the records on this post look really interesting, i wanna hear how "bad" they really are!

• KAK is a perfect example of a record where the reish is the best option. I remember liking at least one song.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Im not even that huge on instrumental funk albums, unless its the meters.

But I still think spacing out is pretty good. My mp3's sound really clean.