Ever had an Ebay stalker?

MikeZeroMikeZero 215 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
Got an email a while back from a previous Ebay customer. He'd always been high maintenance (emailing the day after payment to see if I had shipped yet...emailing to ask me what records he should bid on...asking me for names of bands I think he might like...emailing me to ask when my next auctions were. Once a week an email). Out of nowhere, I start getting packs of Israeli cigarettes mailed to me from the guy. I ask dude to stop (e)mailing me. Then l get this:-hey?? mike let?? me?? explain?? my?? brain?? has scizoprania .my?? brain?? started?? to?? here???? you?? telling?? your?? friend?? i?? want to?? send?? oren?? some?? more?? names??no?????? mike its?? stupid?? your?? house?? can?? go?? down?? the?? way?? it?? was?? sounded was?? funnny?? i?? didnt?? mean?? nothing?? by?? it?? i?? do?? not make?? jokes?? at?? all???? about?? peoples?? houses?? going?? down. by?? the?? way?? ill?? l??ive???? ??with?? the?? last?? list?? of?? bad?? names?? you?? gave?? me?? a?? couple?? weeks?? ago?? luckly?? i?? only?? lost?? 10?? dollars?? . by?? the?? way?? mike?? i?? mailed?? you a?? pack?? of?? isreali?? ciggarets?? a?? while?? ago??you?? didnt?? tell?? me?? if?? you?? got?? them?? .?? by?? the?? way?? mike?? you?? want?? to start?? all?? over email. i?? was?? going?? too?? send?? you?? a?? couple?? packs?? this?? week im?? acpecting a?? carton?? of them?? any?? day?? now?? from?? isreal. i?? did?? not?? wish?? nothing?? upon?? your?? house .??those words?? my?? mind?? heard they?? were?? reapted in?? my?? mind?? maybe?? 4?? times???? thats all?? mike?? if???? you?? want?? too?? start??all?? over?? email?? me?? ill?? be?? happy?? to?? start?? all?? over???? youll?? gain to .?? if?? you??want?? email any?? time?? ill?? be?? happy to?? bid on?? your?? records?? no?? bullshit from your side?? either you?? dont????want?? goodbye???? oren- I still get emails from him every once in a while which I ignore. Have blocked him from bidding on my auctions too. Still, pretty Anybody else got Ebay stalker/weirdo stories?

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    creepy, dude!

• weird shit.

i had a sort of similiar situation except opposite of that. i put an ad in goldmine one time looking for some records and this dude starting sending me postcards with all kinds of ill shit for like 5 each. he must have sent me about twenty postcards. i ended up getting a lot of cool records from that guy. groove grease, curtis mayfield interview record, headless heroes, all kinds of shit. wish he'd send them here i'm sure they are still getting sent to my old address now as i write this.

• My favorite / least favorite ebay stalker (there have been many). It started with an email right after the auction ended. He wrote to tell me to "thank the gentleman in Amersterdam who bid $30," thus pushing his winning bid up by $20. As with many of his emails, I ignored this...

Hello Douglas:

I know Sellers don't like getting these

kind of e-mails, but I'm confused why

I haven't recieved this LP yet (I should

have paid for Priority!) - every time

before when it was sent via Media Mail

FROM Calif., Oregon or Washington state,

I got it in 3-5 days (??).

Regards, Geoff

I politely answered that it would be there soon. He then wrote an excited email asking if the record was -really- NM/NM -- it was unplayed stock -- and I said, yes, it really is NM. He wrote back asking if I was sure. I said yes, that he would be "crying tears of joy" when he saw how NM/NM it was. Then he asked AGAIN and I said he would be "devastated" by how good the condition was. Big mistake...

Douglas:

The Gayle Caldwell LP arrived safely

this afternoon (nice packaging).

The cover is most certainly a "NM", but I must be honest with you about

the vinyl - side one is closer to a

NM-, but is nice and clean - side

two is NOT even close to a "NM" -

it has a deep, serious-looking scratch

that runs all the way through the

last two tracks, and there's numerous

marks, scuffs and smudges!

Geoff

I got two more emails in quick succession the next day:

> Douglas wrote:

> Yes, you will cry tears of joy when you how NM/NM this record is.

> d

Yes, I DID "cry tears" - but not "of joy".

I cried when I looked at side two!!

#####

>Douglas wrote:

>Get ready to cry because all your albums don't look this nice, you will be devastated by how pretty this one is.

>d

Again, the crying, and yes, I WAS "devastated".

Devastated when I looked at side two!!

He was turning my sarcasm back on me. I ignored these emails. He wrote again a couple of weeks later, with -more- puns on "tears of joy" and "devastated." I replied to this latest email, finally getting a little testy as you can see, and got this one back:

>Douglas wrote:

>Dude,

>I'm really SURPRISED that you are still going on about this. Have you never opened a sealed LP to see paper scuffing, which is all I can

imagine you're seeing. That LP was cherry when I sent it, correctly

graded, and I have the CD rip to prove that it plays perfectly on any good sound system. MOVE ON.

>dbm

I've opened hundreds of sealed LPs - this was NOT paper scuffing - I described EXACTLY the condition of side two the day I received the LP. Side two rates a "VG" ONLY. The cover IS NM, and side one would rate a NM- If I paid around $10 to $12 - no big deal - I paid $31 (not including shipping)!

What's so ironic, no Seller has ever exaggerated how clean and beautiful the vinyl I just bought was, when the opposite is the reality. (And believe it or not, this has never happened before)

I did NOT leave you negative feedback - I was compelled to point out the truth to you, and the reverse meaning of "cry" & "devastated".

I got another email a couple days later:

To be perfectly honest, I thought you were going to give me a partial refund. I never lie and especially with something like this. This is NOT a "NM" LP - only the cover is. It's worth around ten dollars ONLY!

Several weeks later, I got this out of the blue.

dbm:

I know - "move on", "get over it", etc.

Now I'm REALLY "crying" & "devastated".

Do a 'Completed' search on eBay for this

LP - it's a NM, White Label Promo, for

$7.99 that did NOT sell!!! I paid $31.00

for your VG+ LP!

(Most Sellers have a 100% guarantee,

with a full refund - obviously you don't.)

Moving on...

Think I'm due for another email any day now...

• ^^^^ Holy crap. I hope people on this board aren't guilty of being anal like that.
    It's a friggin record fer chrissakes. Sounds like one of thsoe comic book nerds who puts his shit in plastic then a sealed 'acid-free' box away from the light.
    What a nightmare customer & that crazy Israeli. Whew!

Records should be FFUN as Big Lady K once said..

• Got an email a while back from a previous Ebay customer. He'd always been high maintenance (emailing the day after payment to see if I had shipped yet...emailing to ask me what records he should bid on...asking me for names of bands I think he might like...emailing me to ask when my next auctions were. Once a week an email). Out of nowhere, I start getting packs of Israeli cigarettes mailed to me from the guy. I ask dude to stop (e)mailing me. Then l get this:

-hey?? mike let?? me?? explain?? my?? brain?? has scizoprania .my?? brain?? started?? to?? here???? you?? telling?? your?? friend?? i?? want to?? send?? oren?? some?? more?? names??no?????? mike its?? stupid?? your?? house?? can?? go?? down?? the?? way?? it?? was?? sounded was?? funnny?? i?? didnt?? mean?? nothing?? by?? it?? i?? do?? not make?? jokes?? at?? all???? about?? peoples?? houses?? going?? down. by?? the?? way?? ill?? l??ive???? ??with?? the?? last?? list?? of?? bad?? names?? you?? gave?? me?? a?? couple?? weeks?? ago?? luckly?? i?? only?? lost?? 10?? dollars?? . by?? the?? way?? mike?? i?? mailed?? you a?? pack?? of?? isreali?? ciggarets?? a?? while?? ago??you?? didnt?? tell?? me?? if?? you?? got?? them?? .?? by?? the?? way?? mike?? you?? want?? to start?? all?? over email. i?? was?? going?? too?? send?? you?? a?? couple?? packs?? this?? week im?? acpecting a?? carton?? of them?? any?? day?? now?? from?? isreal. i?? did?? not?? wish?? nothing?? upon?? your?? house .??those words?? my?? mind?? heard they?? were?? reapted in?? my?? mind?? maybe?? 4?? times???? thats all?? mike?? if???? you?? want?? too?? start??all?? over?? email?? me?? ill?? be?? happy?? to?? start?? all?? over???? youll?? gain to .?? if?? you??want?? email any?? time?? ill?? be?? happy to?? bid on?? your?? records?? no?? bullshit from your side?? either you?? dont????want?? goodbye???? oren-

I still get emails from him every once in a while which I ignore. Have blocked him from bidding on my auctions too. Still, pretty

Anybody else got Ebay stalker/weirdo stories?

This really wierded me out, it's like some kind of record-based fatal attraction.

• Jeez, talking about psychos! I guess I was lucky when I was still selling regularly on Ebay. I only attracted nutcases of the gentle kind.

"Sorry to bother you again (again!) with an "electronic mail". I send you my wantlist by "electronic mail" and I just want to say: please don't feel obliged to find these records for me. Those are just records I would like to find someday. If you do have one of the records that are described in my previous "electronic mail", please consider selling it to me, but don't feel obliged."

The weird, threatening bastards were mostly pretty sane.

• Again, the crying, and yes, I WAS "devastated".
    Devastated when I looked at side two!!

I'm dying over here... haha

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Not a stalker but an ebay seller who started sending me CD-Rs and occasional LPs out of the blue - jazz and latin stuff mainly. That was three years ago and I've had about a dozen CD-R packages, some with four or five discs, and about five or six albums from him. Never puts in a note and never replies to any mails.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Not exactly a stalker, but a few months back I sold a Bruce Springsteen argentinian promo to an italian guy. I had the stupid idea of saying something like "hope you enjoy your record, the Boss rules" or something like that. The guy thought I was the president of the argentinian Springsteen Fan Club or something. Everyday I got emails from him with some Springsteen knowledge or stories. Then one day he sent this picture: he, HIS GRANDMA[/b] and Springsteen posing for the camera!!!!!!
    I will look for the pic and post it. You have to see Springsteen's face.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    There's this guy who keeps emailing me, telling me to back off the Latin raers.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

That's scary, man. Whatcha gonna do about it?

• There's this guy who keeps emailing me, telling me to back off the Latin raers.

That's just faux's way of saying "hi".

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

That's just faux's way of saying "hi".

I see.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Then one day he sent this picture: he, HIS GRANDMA[/b] and Springsteen posing for the camera!!!!!! I will look for the pic and post it. You have to see Springsteen's face.

Please post it! Strutters gotta see!

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

Please post it! Strutters gotta see!

Will be posted tonight from home. Avatar material, my friends.

• marcofunk.. claims a package i sent never arrived. i explained that he had to wait a little while to make sure it wasn't caught up in customs or something & i've got another copy that can be sent if it never shows. Instead.. he tries to get the money back thru paypal & still wants the other copy sent. He sends me all sorts of emails.. this is 1 of 4 i received today:

c'mon man u dont tell fuk me concealed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OK ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? U ALREADY FUCK ME ONE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THIEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CRAZY IDIOT MAN???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! U STOLE MY MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! U SHOULD DIE NOW AND GET DEATH PENALTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FOR WHAT U DID TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OK ??????????????? U SAID U HAD ANOTHER COPY OF THE LP WHERE IS IT??????????????????????????????????????? FUK U AND ....... CHEESRR

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    U SHOULD DIE NOW AND GET DEATH PENALTY!!!!!!!!!

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    People are fucking crazy.

It kind of puts things in perspective there, doesn't it?

• marcofunk.. claims a package i sent never arrived. i explained that he had to wait a little while to make sure it wasn't caught up in customs or something & i've got another copy that can be sent if it never shows. Instead.. he tries to get the money back thru paypal & still wants the other copy sent. He sends me all sorts of emails.. this is 1 of 4 i received today:

c'mon man u dont tell fuk me concealed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OK ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? U ALREADY FUCK ME ONE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THIEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CRAZY IDIOT MAN???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! U STOLE MY MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! U SHOULD DIE NOW AND GET DEATH PENALTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FOR WHAT U DID TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OK ??????????????? U SAID U HAD ANOTHER COPY OF THE LP WHERE IS IT??????????????????????????????????????? FUK U AND ....... CHEESRR

ahhh the words of a legendary collectro!
    more angry marcofunk emails plaese.

• ud be better to let me have what i paid for !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and u dont tel??l me fuk any more ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!St!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    Post deleted by Ms_Damn

• whoa this is creepy. i can relate but ona generic internet level cause my stalker sent me about 5-10 emails a day even though i never responded, all had that fragmented thinking and thinly veiled threats. i had to change my email address and phone number. i think he was a paranoid schizophrenic.

the one wheeler???

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    whoa this is creepy. i can relate but ona generic internet level cause my stalker sent me about 5-10 emails a day even though i never responded, all had that fragmented thinking and thinly veiled threats. i had to change my email address and phone number. i think he was a paranoid schizophrenic.

I'm not a paranoid schizophrenic and it was way too easy to track you down to this forum.

• Can we get marcofunk to post here already?? I'm dying to see it.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Not exactly a stalker, but a few months back I sold a Bruce Springsteen argentinian promo to an italian guy. I had the stupid idea of saying something like "hope you enjoy your record, the Boss rules" or something like that. The guy thought I was the president of the argentinian Springsteen Fan Club or something. Everyday I got emails from him with some Springsteen knowledge or stories. Then one day he sent this picture: he, HIS GRANDMA[/b] and Springsteen posing for the camera!!!!!!
    I will look for the pic and post it. You have to see Springsteen's face.

And here it is:

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Famous people wear funny jackets.

Marcofunk bums me out. There was a record I wanted on eBay, and it looked like a $20-25 record at best, only 1 bid at under $10 with not much time left...then I saw the bidder was Marcofunk, and I knew that even if I bid $1,000 I would most likely lose. Anybody have that record?

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    weird shit.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    There was a record I wanted on eBay, and it looked like a $20-25 record at best, only 1 bid at under $10 with not much time left...then I saw the bidder was Marcofunk, and I knew that even if I bid $1,000 I would most likely lose. Anybody have that record?

I don't own it, but I've listened to it and I think that description is somewhat misleading. Yes, Allen Toussaint is involved, but it's really more of a rock record and I found the vocals impossible to get past. But then again, maybe you were after it for the Frankie Miller aspect rather than the Allen Toussaint aspect:

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Or, maybe not.

Thanks for the info.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    this just goes to show how many people have mental problems that havent been treated