price check? biz related

silvertonesilvertone 765 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
Pickin Boogers minty OG on prism?bueller?

Comments

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    $10

• freal? damn, just on the cover alone I figured it was worth a lot more.
    I love those old prism labels. 5 bucks. Minty.

• Yeah the market for cold chillin 12s is kind of dead unless you have aint no half steppin remix or jokes on you jack.

But biz 12s are priceless for other reasons... classic pic sleeves!

• cardovacardova 743 Posts
    went to take a quick look at popsike only to find this:

"LIL' MARKIE VOL.1 MF FAMILY MINISTRIES RECORDS 197? GROSS & SCARY CHRISTIAN LP OF MAMMOTH PROPORTIONS. THE HELIUM FUELED VOICE OF MARK FOX TAKES YOU THRU A JOURNEY OF A DEVELOPING FETUS..."DEC.18th, MY MOMMY KILLED ME". ONE OF THE MOST BIZARRE & DISTURBING CHRISTIAN RECORDS' EVER. THERE IS VOL.2, AND A COUPLE OF OTHERS OUT THERE, BUT, NOTHING COMPARES TO THIS ONE. RECORD IS VG++, CLOSE TO NEAR MINT, W/ FAINT INNER SLEEVE MARKS. COVER IS VG++, w/ 1 1/2-INCH SPLIT LOWER RIGHT CORNER. OTHERWISE, IT IS VERY CLEAN. THERE IS A REASONABLE RESERVE SET ON THIS HARD-TO-FIND & IN-DEMAND ITEM. SHIPPING IS 5.00-6.50(PRIORITY) OR 3.00(MEDIA) IN USA. OVERSEAS INQUIRE. THANKS FOR LOOKING."

Another seller's comments of the same record:

"Legendary LP is considered one of the most bizarre private press Xian items, so strange the collector book for Xian LPs the Archivist' says "Approach with extreme caution" and one side is songs "from tear jerkers to spastic expulsions", the other two long tracks with creepy music & one is "Little Markie Goes To Calvary" where-in "our boy becomes completely unhinged, screaming on & on about being called a fatso, becoming a candy shoplifter, and taking drugs...all at the tender age of five!". The most famous track is "Diary Of An Unborn Child", where he is in the role of a fetus, "All's well until the shocker comes...Markie singing a song with a chorus of 'Why did you kill me mommy?'". This LP also has a weird negative image cover...VG++/M- slight bit of seam split at center, private press from '70s on MF Family Ministries label, no number. LP is titled "Volume 1". This is the kind of item to frighten your friends with..."

'Why did you kill me mommy?'
    ONE OF THE MOST BIZARRE & DISTURBING CHRISTIAN RECORDS' EVAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    jokes on you jack.

Really?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    went to take a quick look at popsike only to find this:

"LIL' MARKIE VOL.1 MF FAMILY MINISTRIES RECORDS 197? GROSS & SCARY CHRISTIAN LP OF MAMMOTH PROPORTIONS. THE HELIUM FUELED VOICE OF MARK FOX TAKES YOU THRU A JOURNEY OF A DEVELOPING FETUS..."DEC.18th, MY MOMMY KILLED ME". ONE OF THE MOST BIZARRE & DISTURBING CHRISTIAN RECORDS' EVER. THERE IS VOL.2, AND A COUPLE OF OTHERS OUT THERE, BUT, NOTHING COMPARES TO THIS ONE. RECORD IS VG++, CLOSE TO NEAR MINT, W/ FAINT INNER SLEEVE MARKS. COVER IS VG++, w/ 1 1/2-INCH SPLIT LOWER RIGHT CORNER. OTHERWISE, IT IS VERY CLEAN. THERE IS A REASONABLE RESERVE SET ON THIS HARD-TO-FIND & IN-DEMAND ITEM. SHIPPING IS 5.00-6.50(PRIORITY) OR 3.00(MEDIA) IN USA. OVERSEAS INQUIRE. THANKS FOR LOOKING."

Another seller's comments of the same record:

"Legendary LP is considered one of the most bizarre private press Xian items, so strange the collector book for Xian LPs the Archivist' says "Approach with extreme caution" and one side is songs "from tear jerkers to spastic expulsions", the other two long tracks with creepy music & one is "Little Markie Goes To Calvary" where-in "our boy becomes completely unhinged, screaming on & on about being called a fatso, becoming a candy shoplifter, and taking drugs...all at the tender age of five!". The most famous track is "Diary Of An Unborn Child", where he is in the role of a fetus, "All's well until the shocker comes...Markie singing a song with a chorus of 'Why did you kill me mommy?'". This LP also has a weird negative image cover...VG++/M- slight bit of seam split at center, private press from '70s on MF Family Ministries label, no number. LP is titled "Volume 1". This is the kind of item to frighten your friends with..."

'Why did you kill me mommy?'
    ONE OF THE MOST BIZARRE & DISTURBING CHRISTIAN RECORDS' EVAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You ever hear that shit man? Shit is bugged the fuck out. I used to have the file.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    somebody put up a mp3 of this awhile back.bee nice to hear the other songs.

You ever hear that shit man? Shit is bugged the fuck out. I used to have the file.

no never heard it. dunno if i want to.

about joke's on you jack: the remix 12" is promo only and somewhat indemand.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    oh shit, that record is bugged the fuck out! wasn't it crink that posted soundclips of that one? It may have been from www.showandtellmusic.com

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

no never heard it. dunno if i want to.

about joke's on you jack: the remix 12" is promo only and somewhat indemand.

You really don't want to. Like maybe once, but other than that, it's hilarious but uncomfortable, dig?

i dig.

so strange the collector book for Xian LPs the Archivist' says "Approach with extreme caution"

• A friend used to have a record that was a live recording of the Jonestown massacre casued by Jim Jones in Guyana latye 70s when they all drank Kool Aid laced with cyanide. You could hardly hear anything, but make out some groans, but it was just too fucking wierd to keep listening. He sold it to some nut for $300. This was like 16 years ago.

I do remember that it said on the record that they only pressed as many copies as there were victims. 900 something.

Anyone know of this record?

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    A friend used to have a record that was a live recording of the Jonestown massacre casued by Jim Jones in Guyana latye 70s when they all drank Kool Aid laced with cyanide. You could hardly hear anything, but make out some groans, but it was just too fucking wierd to keep listening. He sold it to some nut for $300. This was like 16 years ago.

I do remember that it said on the record that they only pressed as many copies as there were victims. 900 something.

I have it on mp3. Utterly disturbing.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    A friend used to have a record that was a live recording of the Jonestown massacre casued by Jim Jones in Guyana latye 70s when they all drank Kool Aid laced with cyanide. You could hardly hear anything, but make out some groans, but it was just too fucking wierd to keep listening. He sold it to some nut for $300. This was like 16 years ago.

Its a banger for sure. Jim Jones was really killin it in his pre dipset days.

• A JOURNEY OF A DEVELOPING FETUS..."DEC.18th, MY MOMMY KILLED ME"
    That's f*cked up! That's my birthday fureal.

• You really don't want to. Like maybe once, but other than that, it's hilarious but uncomfortable, dig?

Hey, we're talking prices not quality, right? (I've had it before, sold it to a master collectro)

• I have that record, although the cover is different.

Truly creepy shit. I picked it up years ago in Texas (of course).

"Its so fun serving the lord, isn't it? heeheeheeheeheeheeheeheee!"

AAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I have that record, although the cover is different.

Truly creepy shit. I picked it up years ago in Texas (of course).

"Its so fun serving the lord, isn't it? heeheeheeheeheeheeheeheee!"

AAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will tade you 200 Ray Conniff records for it!

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I don't know if you are aware but Conniff's have really dropped in price lately. It's gonna cost you 400 RCs

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Yo, that dude got some joints.

Have you heard his jam "Jesus Wants to Live in You"? Or his epic 14+ minute piece entitled, "Story of an Alcoholic"?