Weekday Finds 10/3 - 10/7

124»

Comments

• There are vocals on this record!!! Some hard R&B rockers!!!

I like this one too!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Couple of cheap in-store digs today:

Only the second Soca LP I have ever bought - I like it more than the other one (which was a Tabu Combo All-Stars), but I have to admit I like it more when they stray from the pure Soca sound, like on "Disco Reggae."

Don't know why I didn't already own this. "Family Affair" is

Also, Gladys Knight & the Pips - Love Overboard 12" [/b] extended/instro...I sweat that song...it gets heavy play on my local "classic soul" station, and I always crank it up and rock the duet with GK. That and "Second Time Around" by Shalamar are my shit.

Came home from work and found a couple of e-digs in my mailbox:

Both cheap from the same seller, and, with all the eBay venting we do around here, let's have a little appreciation for those rare sellers who make records sound pretty beat, and they show up pristine! The Joe Thomas was listed as if it were trashed, but it was real cheap and I threw it in buy-it-now cause I had won the Mirettes in auction. Shit shows up cover in the shrinkwrap, record looks unplayed just has fingerprints on it, prolly from the dude I bought it from! Plays mint!

Give it up for the under-graders!

• Give it up for the under-graders!

Truth. I got the records I posted above (plus alot more) from a dealer/collector who is very extreme in wanting his records to be mint. When there's any mark on it, it has to go. It is almost freaky, like he has some childhood trauma and needs clean things around him. To him it's not worth anything if there's the slightest mark and he's glad to sell it for 1/2 of the ebay price. He lives in my mother's street so I knock on his door every now and then to help him get rid of all the "unclean" stuff. He is "mister Under-grader" and many records I have that normally are out of my league, I can get from him.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    JP- That Lovelites

Soul on Ice- I've been listening to that Mirettes "whirlpool" lp a helluva lot lately, nice one.

Just one in the mail today (from TREW)

Finally! This shit is nice.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    A few 45s today:
    Luther Ingram - If Lovin' You Is Wrong...
    The Yardbirds - Little Games
    Dionne Warwick - I'll Never Fall In Love Again (German Pic Sleeve)
    Percy Sledge - My Special Prayer (German Pic Sleeve)
    About 6 Beatles 45's
    3 Chubby Checker 45's
    Diana Ross, The Supremes & Temptations - Rhythm Of Life

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

I want.

• I cherish my VG copy always.

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    Was sniped on thisImage hosted by Photobucket.com
    by someone from either Italy, Greece, or Japan (whenever I'm sniped or ridiculously outbid they are no doubt always from these places) It bummed me out until the next day, someone messaged me saying they had a NM copy for sale. Needless to say I jumped at it and it ended up being about $150 less than my highest bid. So I guess I scored