FUCK THE FRENCH FISHERMEN (Dog related, graphic)

the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
Dogs used as shark bait [/b]
By IAN HEPBURN

STRAY dogs are being skewered on hooks and dragged behind boats as live shark bait, The Sun can shockingly reveal.

The cruel practice takes place on French-controlled Reunion Island in the Indian Ocean, where Prince William spent two holidays.

A six-month-old labrador pup was recently found ALIVE with a huge double hook through its snout - like the dog above - and another through a leg.

The pup was found in a coastal creek and is thought to have somehow freed itself from a fishing line.

But other dogs and kittens have been chomped up and swallowed by sharks.

The RSPCA plans to petition the French government, demanding an end to the hideous torture.

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    dear god!

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    I WAS having a good day.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    They should do the same thing to those assholes. That's really fucked up.

• They should do the same thing to those assholes. That's really fucked up.

Word life.

• somehow i cant help but think i was better off not knowing this piece of information

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    Ok, so that's one of the worst things I've seen in a long time.

But seriously, enough with this (and I'm not jsut talking about you, 3rdstream) "Some dipshit in another country did something completely dispicable, fuck them all." That shit is dumb and played.

I don't want to be held accountable for all the dumbasses in the US, and I doubt you do either.

• ok i could change the title to FUCK REUNION ISLAND if that helps you get through the day

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    totally fake. that wouldn't even hold its own weight, let alone the drag of being pulled through the water. come on now.

• Oh yeah, it's World Animal week.

Here's a link to where you can sign a (French) petition

Fuck those French too? Pfffff. Weak post.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    But seriously, enough with this (and I'm not jsut talking about you, 3rdstream) "Some dipshit in another country did something completely dispicable, fuck them all." That shit is dumb and played.

thank you

• CoSign

• LOOK I CHANGED THE TITLE, so now you all can lay off the midol

• It's fucking discusting. Fuck those Reunion Island[/b] fishermen. The French government better handle that.

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    that just ruined my lunch..fucking heathens..

• Straight up cruel and disgusting, someone should drag those fishermen behind their boats so they end up half drowned and eaten by sharks.

• And where did this piece of fake news come from?

• Oh. The Sun. You know that's their weekly world news, right?

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    And where did this piece of fake news come from?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005450117,00.html

Not the best source of information.

and now the fake news...

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

and now the fake news...
    ZING!!

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    pfff!

• 3rdstream kicks the dirt and decides--reluctantly--to stop using the term "freedom fries."

• hogginfog throws away his reggae 45s--reluctantly--and realizes he is not Jamaican

• Man if thats true then obviously its outrageous,but since when,has anyone ever believed anything written in The Sun?

They still sell zero copies on merseyside.

• ok here some more about the use of dogs as bait... and more pics...

http://www.seashepherd.org/news/media_050929_1.html

now scuse me while i have my freedom toast

• now here is some more about this in french with a video of the same dog that has a pic above, and none of this has to do with the sun or my love of the country known as france...

here

i expect written apologies from all of you before tommorrow morning, no pm's make it public

ok here some more about the use of dogs as bait... and more pics...

hahah come on...the puppy with a regular fishing hook through it's PAW. That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.

• ok here some more about the use of dogs as bait... and more pics...

hahah come on...the puppy with a regular fishing hook through it's PAW. That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.

"The dogs and cats have hooks passed through their snouts or through the tendons in their legs and the hooks are attached to lines and rods. The hapless animals are then tossed into the water where their struggles attract sharks."

its not like they gotta pull the dog on a speedboat, they just plop em in the water and let em struggle, so those hooks arent that crazy ridiculous

that one hook is definitely just stuck in the dog's paw. and anyway what the fuck kind of shark are you going to catch with a regular fishing hook? Like I said, the hook would rip right out of their snout if they struggle at all. I'm not doubting people are torturing dogs for whatever sick reasons they may have, but the idea of using them as bait to catch sharks is so utterly ridiculous. Wouldn't it be more effective to cut one of their legs off so there's at least a good amount of blood in the water? Nothing about this makes any sense and the fact that some environmental group bought into the idea and is offering a reward doesn't really convince me any more.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    Regardless of the success rate, that's fucked up. But I really feel that way about any kind of live beat that has been skewered like that. What really kills me with the dogs is that they're obviously not water animals and that just makes it extra cruel.

I dunno though, I mean, fishing is fucked up too. Like after people catch fish they just ram a pole or line through their gills and let them bleed/suffocate to death. I can't say I don't eat meat/fish/etc. but no need to be insensitive about it - that shit still hurts.