anyone else bothered by this?

2»

Comments

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    Score.... i'm all about free lighters and packs of cigarettes.
    lighters, yeah, but KOOLs???? menthol???? free i guess i can handle - they coming to Phoenix?

I'll pick you up if they do! Free? I'm all for that.

• 'Feeding the family'...what kind of shit argument is that anyway?
    It's not an argument--it's REALITY.

• im still really bothered that you didnt pick up that rasta record for 25 cents

Sorry dude, i'm ghey, apparently.

• Sorry, Daze - I look at that, I see an ad for cigarettes....complete with "fetal injury" warning and all. Look, I see what you are saying...I'm not trying to draw an absolute here, I just think you guys are way too quick to dismiss it as "just another gig." How would people feel if it were sponsored by Haliburton, and had a smiling Dick Cheney "thumbs up" logo on it? Seems not that long ago, artists would actually avoid products due to their dubious histories, like Coors, for one. Now everybody needs to feed their families with platinum spoons, so it's no holds barred, I guess. I'm not looking to ban these acts or anything, just expressing that IMO it is not a good look.

Yeah, 'Fetal Injury', doesn't that really say it all.
    But I swear I've seen another ad with deejays by Kool in Elemental magazine (or something similiar).
    Thought that was pretty rank.

'Feeding the family'...what kind of shit argument is that anyway?
    It's as poor as Bush's cronies saying Bennett made 'innapropriate comments'. Like they have no other alternative to 'feed' their families. Pfft!

Of course it looks like a cigarette ad. Didn't advertising agencies forgoe using actual products in their work years ago. It's pretty irresponsible. Aren't these guys like the 'intelligent' artists. Besides, it looks hell prissy & pretty naff.

I'm pretty sure it was Pos who mentioned his mum's death on one of the tracks with Common on the 'Grind Date' album. But hypocrisy reigns supreme in the entertainment industry.

Yeah... well Common is a tool now anyway, de la is dead... check the album, and busta rhymes = the most overappreciated artist ever.

• I hate cigarettes. I smoked for 10 years, not any more. Just weed. Even that is real bad. I need to start eating it.

I wouldn't promote cigarettes if I could afford not to but I would have to at this point. I would still feel horrible about it.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts

Sorry, Daze - I look at that, I see an ad for cigarettes....complete with "fetal injury" warning and all. Look, I see what you are saying...I'm not trying to draw an absolute here, I just think you guys are way too quick to dismiss it as "just another gig." How would people feel if it were sponsored by Haliburton, and had a smiling Dick Cheney "thumbs up" logo on it? Seems not that long ago, artists would actually avoid products due to their dubious histories, like Coors, for one. Now everybody needs to feed their families with platinum spoons, so it's no holds barred, I guess. I'm not looking to ban these acts or anything, just expressing that IMO it is not a good look.

haha you know what? I honestly missed that surgeon generals warning...I'm fuckin blind I think. Still I think that's something the government makes them do with anything with the tobacco manufacturers name on it. it really doesn't read like a cigarette ad to me. it reads like an ad for a tour, maybe I just take things at face value too much, plus I could care less about cigarettes so I take what I want from the ad. I smoked for 12 years and I quit 10 years ago so I'm pretty much done with cigarettes.

• montymonty 420 Posts
    Score.... i'm all about free lighters and packs of cigarettes.
    lighters, yeah, but KOOLs???? menthol???? free i guess i can handle - they coming to Phoenix?

I'll pick you up if they do! Free? I'm all for that.
    KOOL!!!