"Turkish Delight" mix to leech here

ScopeCGNScopeCGN 163 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central

Link to the mix is:

http://www.scope45.com/Turkish-Delight-Mix-by-ScopeCGN.mp3

Explaination:

After some people here (like myself) seem to be interessted in more turkish stuff I thought about gathering a little more info together about the genre by the use of this great board...

Because of the fact that turkish names for the nonturkish are sometimes not the easiest thing to remember or type to your keyboards, cover- and labelscans are very welcome.

I want to encourage yall to flip through you collections and post some cool turkish tracks, artists names and label- & covershots to bring forth knowledge about the music from this underrated territory. Lasarus came up with the idea originally - thanks mate!

I did a small mix to set it all off, please add yours compadres!

Have fun leeching & posting,

Scope

PS:
You might copy and paste the mp3 link directly in the "open URL" window in the file menue of your windows media player, then you can listen while it loads...

Comments

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    yo scope!

that cover is !i will listen to it, however, i dont have any turkish heat. but i heard that baris manco has some heavy tracks!!! cok g??sel!!! g??lle g??lle!

• Dude you the man! 31 posts and bringin' it. I guess Turkish stuff is a little easier to come up on in Germany than stateside. I've never even seen a Turkish LP "out in the field" Israeli, Korean, Japanese yes, but never Turkish. Can't wait till your mix is done downloading. I love foreign records!!!!

• I guess Turkish stuff is a little easier to come up on in Germany than stateside.

Correct me if I'm wrong, Scope, but there's a decent number of Turks that reside in Germany, right? (Which is probably why there's Turkish records in Germany) The folks I know that we're stationed there told me that.

I love foreign records!!!!

Co-Sign.

• yo scope,
    my boss at Academy Records nyc, played me the cuts from the picture sleeve 45 used for yr cover, as well as some other turkish funk. It is best stuff i've heard this year. hat 's off to the mix , i'm listening now. i recently scored an Okay Temiz record called " Drummer of two worlds" . do you know it and if so is it common in Coolin( cologne) ????

• yo scope!

that cover is !i will listen to it, however, i dont have any turkish heat. but i heard that baris manco has some heavy tracks!!! cok g??sel!!! g??lle g??lle!

Cool, thanks man!

Lemme know what you think Dojah.

YEAH! Baris Manco has some cool material! Recently I tried to get some actual song names (like the Mozart 7" from him... HEAT!), but as I stated earlier: I can't remember the song names for long because turkish language is so freaking foreign to my german ears :-(

Thats why we need labelscans and covershots here, kind of same procedure like with the russian grooves with the cyrillic alphabet...

schrei @ me when ur in the city next time,

Scoper

PS:
    It's normally not my style to send people away when in city, but I was in the middle of this mixmess and so... Sorry about my bad manners :-) Next time I want def to hang out with you, can't wait to hear your final "Chase Oddities" mix and the track you're finishing for that upcoming 12" on Olskis.

• Dude you the man! 31 posts and bringin' it. I guess Turkish stuff is a little easier to come up on in Germany than stateside. I've never even seen a Turkish LP "out in the field" Israeli, Korean, Japanese yes, but never Turkish. Can't wait till your mix is done downloading. I love foreign records!!!!

Thanks man, glad you like it.

But despite the fact that really lot of turkish people are living in germany, there is not much stuff on vinyl to pick up here :-(

Mostly cassette tapes you can find in thrifts, and thats pretty much only the worst synthpop. And most of the vinyl I picked up here was folkish traditional stuff.

I guess that (not to down anyone, but) the majority of first generation turkish migrants that moved from Turkey to Germany just to work here were not the crowd of people that were too much into experimental funky mishmash or the most advanced psych rock or sophisticated nuveau jazz genres...

A friend brought all the stuff I used for the mix directly from Turkey, from Istanbul to be more exact. Here you rarely will find stuff - and believe me I diged through a lot of turkish flea market stuff :-)

One big advantage is however, that the costs for the flight from germany to turkey are quite fair, because of the huge turkish community living in germany and travelling home a lot.

If I had more of the turkish stuff I would hook up a trade with that ill Korean heat!

Scoper

• yo scope,
    my boss at Academy Records nyc, played me the cuts from the picture sleeve 45 used for yr cover, as well as some other turkish funk. It is best stuff i've heard this year. hat 's off to the mix , i'm listening now. i recently scored an Okay Temiz record called " Drummer of two worlds" . do you know it and if so is it common in Coolin( cologne) ????

Thanks man,
    Okay Temiz is some serious !heat! but I never ran into a copy yet, but it pops up @ the Bay sometimes, but for $$

The full cover (as shown below) is from a Seyhan Karabay 7" thats OST to a flick (probably named "Gercec"?) that also must be awsome. I want to see it. I mean take a look @ that tuff biker chick and the bellyking with the pirate bandana in the back, all mustached and mulleted galore :-) Eyecandyheat!

• hahaha....nice man. this shit is great.

enjoying it fully.

cheers!

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts

It's normally not my style to send people away when in city, but I was in the middle of this mixmess and so... Sorry about my bad manners :-) Next time I want def to hang out with you, can't wait to hear your final "Chase Oddities" mix and the track you're finishing for that upcoming 12" on Olskis.

scope,
    no worries, just went back to aken and chilled...mosdef i will finish all this soon...hope u will like it. still havent heard the mix but see u soon in cool colognia!!! btw, if anyone is interested, i could prolly post a pic of that superbe baris manco cassette that a friend of mine has. but its a tape, and as scope explained, thats most common here in germany. hardly any records pop up. he got this cassette from his father, who immigrated in the early 70's and there are some dope ass breaks on there...i live in an area where mostly turkish people reside and there is even a music store here, but the guy working there looked at me like when i asked him about vinyl. all cd's and cassettes...

• It's normally not my style to send people away when in city, but I was in the middle of this mixmess and so... Sorry about my bad manners :-) Next time I want def to hang out with you, can't wait to hear your final "Chase Oddities" mix and the track you're finishing for that upcoming 12" on Olskis.

scope,
    no worries, just went back to aken and chilled...mosdef i will finish all this soon...hope u will like it. still havent heard the mix but see u soon in cool colognia!!! btw, if anyone is interested, i could prolly post a pic of that superbe baris manco cassette that a friend of mine has. but its a tape, and as scope explained, thats most common here in germany. hardly any records pop up. he got this cassette from his father, who immigrated in the early 70's and there are some dope ass breaks on there...i live in an area where mostly turkish people reside and there is even a music store here, but the guy working there looked at me like when i asked him about vinyl. all cd's and cassettes...

Yeah! Fo sure! Post it here !! And post an empeetree as well, mate!

The covers are also fun like some bollywood OSTs :-) So go ahead and post it...

Scoper

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Thanks for that mix scope - ill! I don't know much about turkish braeks, but I was truly enjoying the delights. What the hell is that german track you sneaked in between all the anatolian mayhem? You know, the vocal sample RJD2 used on '1976' - "Istanbul, mein leiberrrr, Istanbul". I always wondered about that one.

But despite the fact that really lot of turkish people are living in germany, there is not much stuff on vinyl to pick up here :-(

Same here, even though there are a lot of turks living in Denmark as well. Okay Temiz and Atilla Engin used to live here during the 70s and recorded with a lot of danish and swedish musicians as well as renowned musicians from all over the world when they were passing through.

• Same here, even though there are a lot of turks living in Denmark as well. Okay Temiz and Atilla Engin used to live here during the 70s and recorded with a lot of danish and swedish musicians as well as renowned musicians from all over the world when they were passing through.

Hi mate,

how is the Temiz & Atilla Engin stuff? Jazzfusion? Thanks 4 the info!

Lemme know,

Scope

save the raveforests - plant more empeetrees!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

save the raveforests - plant more empeetrees!

heeheeeheeeheeee

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    yo, thats crazy, i was just thinking about turkish shit last night watching this pbs documentary about roman ruins over there.

I know nothing about it, but this mix is a pretty good start! cool stuff man! thanks for posting it.

• I loved the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe

until I found out it was about God

WTF

Talk about trickery

But I always wanted to know what the FUCK was Turkish Delight that that fat Lucy girl was always talking about.

• that was awesome.

the bit where the guy rocks it acapella at like 14 minutes in was killer.

thanks for sharin' it.

• Fevkalade! G??rkemli!!!

scope....thanks for that...
    just loving it.
    by the way...is the official DD out yet???

• OlskiOlski 355 Posts
    Thanks for that mix scope - ill! I don't know much about turkish braeks, but I was truly enjoying the delights. What the hell is that german track you sneaked in between all the anatolian mayhem? You know, the vocal sample RJD2 used on '1976' - "Istanbul, mein leiberrrr, Istanbul". I always wondered about that one.

RJD2 used a German 80ties hit record for that song. It's by a rather strange and forgotten girl group.

• a rather strange and forgotten girl group.

wasn't in it, by the way.

• Thanks for that mix scope - ill! I don't know much about turkish braeks, but I was truly enjoying the delights. What the hell is that german track you sneaked in between all the anatolian mayhem? You know, the vocal sample RJD2 used on '1976' - "Istanbul, mein leiberrrr, Istanbul". I always wondered about that one.

RJD2 used a German 80ties hit record for that song. It's by a rather strange and forgotten girl group.

Whatttte? Don't say you know it Olski - Thats Awsome!!! :-)

BTW:
    Im broke & I've got some copies of that RJD2 OG sample to let, whoever wants it, pm me! ??BERRAER ILL SICK MAD as usual...

Best,

Scoper

• that was awesome.

the bit where the guy rocks it acapella at like 14 minutes in was killer.

thanks for sharin' it.

I found out that this guy really was one of the most famous sports hosts on turkish TV that time. He was very famous for his strange and outrageous style of hosting futbol (soccer) games and such...

SC

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    TURKISH MUSIC SUCKS.... BAD BAD BAD MUSIC!!! Like most Polish stuff... OVERRATED!!! Get back to Jazz people!

I don't want to know what those Turkish men are singing... there's better Turkish music... and better music in general...

• Fevkalade! G??rkemli!!!

scope....thanks for that...
    just loving it.
    by the way...is the official DD out yet???

Big Up MEIKEL!!!! :-)

I'm sorry for the delay.

Right now we are going through the time consumpting sponsor approval procedure :-)

Means that they have to give green lights for dupli.
    It will be out (CD and bonus DVD) within the next two month, I guess. It lied on the HD for two years now and so it doesn't makes no big difference when it is delayed another month...

Best,

Scoper

• TURKISH MUSIC SUCKS.... BAD BAD BAD MUSIC!!! Like most Polish stuff... OVERRATED!!! Get back to Jazz people!

I don't want to know what those Turkish men are singing... there's better Turkish music... and better music in general...

Hey Grope,
    wassup mate? How was your weekend down south?

I bet you have some cool turk tunes in your deep crates - go post it, if U have a chance! I can't wait to listen to more (& better) turkish tracks, gimme some turk jazz, yo :-)

Scope

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

Hey Grope,
    wassup mate? How was your weekend down south?

I bet you have some cool turk tunes in your deep crates - go post it, if U have a chance! I can't wait to listen to more (& better) turkish tracks, gimme some turk jazz, yo :-)

Scope

weekend down south? in stuttgart? hey, i'm down there regularly! drop me a line... if you're ever near stuggi

turkish music doesn't work for me... i like some turkish jazz... ever heard of yil. san. ???

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    i must admit... i don't even own that many records... my crates aren't "deep"...

and it's the singers that i don't like... turkish singers are horrible! i love turkish culture, but their singing... that don't impre-hess me much - uh-uh-uh-uhuuuuuu

• mmmmeeerrrrhhhhaaabbbbaa-hhhaaaaaaaahhhaaaaaaa aaarrrrkkkaadddaasshhhhh:-)

Yes I must admit, thats a thing one must get used to a little!

But there is this great (vocalless) Jazz tune on 45: Bermuda Seytan ??cgeni. Im quite sure you would like it...

Sure, when stuggi is on my route I will holla & stop by for a drink. Same goes for you when in K??lle, aiight?!

PS: Your crates aren't deep? Don't make me lough,man :-)

You might just sell to much stuff. hehehe, saw your top dallas classifieds here...

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    nah, i buy a lot/sell a lot... but it's about keeping records...
    i have yet to find my secret squirrels raer...
    my collection is not deep... FULL STOP!

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    my brother lives in cologne, by the way...
    i might visit him sooner or later...
    haven't been to k??lle in a long time...
    love the city...
    hope to meet some of you soon...

• scope, check your pm