philly style & get smart
    king tee- the coolest
    speedy g & dj tiz
    latee- wake up
    krown rulers
    and 30 other known and unknown (to me) 12s

best coffee break ive had at work in years

and i got Goblin Roller for $20. feeling it

thanks to drewn for the lead and raj for the camera!

• delay, march 23rd: "i will never floss a record"

sept, 30th:

I would looove to hear that streaking record, would acouple of mp3's be possible?
    I would buy Streaking, strictly on the strength of the cover.

• ---Jim Ford "Harlan County" (Tony Joe White meets Van Morrison) On "Sundown" label...a division of "White Whale" (Anybody got anything else on this label?)

what IS the deal with this record - dope?????

• One goodie this morning. Tapajos et Dos Santos. French press from 1974. Real nice guitar and percussion LP.

• I'm a n00b so I will post my finds from the past few weeks, from Michigan, Cleveland, and Cincinnati:

• I'm a n00b so I will post my finds from the past few weeks, from Michigan, Cleveland, and Cincinnati:

Welcome to soulstrut. Introduce yourself to the Soulstrut massive.

• Hammertime,

What's up with that Holiday Express LP? Group Soul? Shit looks dope. Welcome to Soulstrut.

• Hammertime,

What's up with that Holiday Express LP? Group Soul? Shit looks dope. Welcome to Soulstrut.

yeah, early 70s Bahamian shit. Pretty OK, a little smoother than I like though.

Anyway thanks for the welcomes, I'm Andy, I'm 25, and I live in Ypsilanti, MI. Been collecting records for several years but just getting heavy into the soul/funk shit recently. I want anything on the Elite label.

• Options
    I want anything on the Elite label.

YOu've been PM'd. Have about 40 albums here for you.

K.

• Options
    No raw funk or stand-out soul tracks to speak of.

K in Canada.

• One goodie this morning. Tapajos et Dos Santos. French press from 1974. Real nice guitar and percussion LP.

oh yes,
    lucky you. killer find, this record turns up in strange places. at least two tunes on here that are ridiculous.

• all i got today was a whole bunch of sealed modern soul/disco shit that turns out to be pretty worthless.

the only one i'm keeping for myself is heaven & earth-fantasy

dave

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

• one g plus three "summertime"/"poquito soul" (gordo)

loves me that tune - love that hammond.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

so jelly right now

• - Webster Lewis and the Post-Pop Space-Rock Be-Bop Gospel Tabernacle Chorus and Orchestra, Brett Borgen & Arne Falck "Menneskedoegn"

how is this nate?

I'm not sure. I don't play my records. I just put them up on the wall for me to fetishize. I don't want to damage them at all.

From what I hear it's very similar to his Club 7 LP but with spoke word poetry over the instrumentals (all of which are the same as the Club 7 LP)

you get that from ebay? there was one up there recently. i really want that record.

Did you get a copy nate??!? Where did you get a hold of that, it sure could not be the US of A?