WEEKDAY FINDS FLOSSING

Comments

• Frankie Zhivago - The Age of Flying High - yes! I know this is sweated for the soul track on there, but I'm partial to the island funk songs, too.

Was that you that won that on the 'Bay? I was hoping it would go unnoticed 'cause I wanted to pick it up for Paychecks. (I didn't want to give him the copy I found for...ahem...25 cents. )

Herm

• Also, got a private press garage comp. from Baltimore on "Dome Records."

Wow. Is that the 'Baltimore Teen Beat A Go Go' by any chance? A rare record indeed!

• Nana Love is not the Ghana pressing but still a nice find.

Julian's Treatment is an Eurpean OG pressing. Anyone who knows the US pressing? This one has two records, the US pressing one. Did they edit the material or just put 30 minutes on each side? Dope music.

Angeli Bianchi is a very nice record. It's a worn copy though but plays fine. Holland is terrible for funk so I'm happy like a child with anything like this Pretty Purdie record.

I have the US version by Les Baxter but this Italian original version of Bora Bora is not bad either!

I found heaps of records besides these. Particulary interesting is an Italian Flexi with music by Renzo Rossellini for an Italian/American film. The film was never made so that makes the flexi kind of

I love it when the paycheck arrives!

• I have some extra PARADISE GARAGE DISCO CLASSICS if any one needs them for there next HOUSE mix.The 12" is DOUBLE EXPOSURE- TEN PERCENT and EDDY GRANT- TIME WARP 2 killer N.Y.C. club classics.

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    Frankie Zhivago - The Age of Flying High - yes! I know this is sweated for the soul track on there, but I'm partial to the island funk songs, too.

Was that you that won that on the 'Bay? I was hoping it would go unnoticed 'cause I wanted to pick it up for Paychecks. (I didn't want to give him the copy I found for...ahem...25 cents. )

Herm

No, mine was found locally - although I did pay 20x the amount you did!

• Bought two lots a few weeks back and slowly but surely boxes have been coming through. Got the last 2 boxes today. This should've been in the weekend finds but too lazy to take pictures. I decided to sell off the dance music and I was searching each one to see if any had value and Zhana did as well as some others but not as much and I stopped after finding out it had value...many more left to search.

From LOT #1

POPSIKE Zhana

Thought this was a dance record but it ended up being a pretty dope hip-hop 12".

Plus a few more good shits...

From LOT #2

SEALED.

Sorry I got out of hand on this. I just never find shit and never post my wack shit on here.

Forgot to mention..everything was VG+ and many were MINT wasn't expecting that.

Where the hell did you find all of this?

• :melt:

eBay DJ LOTS. I found them by coincidence using that search Description and Title box. Also left out a Promo Only copy of Juicy with the song Dreams on it which was cool.

I am gonna try and make profit off the music I don't want then I got myself some free records plus some profit.

eBay DJ LOTS. I found them by coincidence using that search Description and Title box. Also left out a Promo Only copy of Juicy with the song Dreams on it which was cool.

I am gonna try and make profit off the music I don't want then I got myself some free records plus some profit.
    Damn, A. That's a hell of a find! Probably the best I saw since I started posting here. If you do sell, let us know what's up.

Damn, A. That's a hell of a find! Probably the best I saw since I started posting here. If you do sell, let us know what's up.

I am gonna sell the dance and whatnot music to make my $ back then I will sell a few things but keep a lot. What were you mainly interested in?

I am gonna sell the dance and whatnot music to make my $ back then I will sell a few things but keep a lot. What were you mainly interested in?
    The hip-hop but that's probably what you wanna keep .

The hip-hop but that's probably what you wanna keep

Haha. I got doubles of a few. Like 3 or 3 are doubles. PM me the main ones you are interested in.

• Three 7"s this AM that I'm keeping:

The Meters - Hand Clapping Song/JOOG (Josie)
    Marva Whitney - Get Out of My Life/Things Got to Get Better (King)
    Hank Ballard and the Midnight Lighters - Finger Poppin' Time/From the Love Side (Polydor)

about 25 more for the shop. Hook and Sling (sold already), Bobby Byrd, Willie and the Magnificents, Whatnauts, Lyn Collins, Dyke and the Blazers, etc.

• finally tracked this one down :-)

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Just a few cheapies picked up at lunch - already have the McCrae material, but the UK comp was too nice and cheap to pass over:

Also got a cheap clean OG of the 1st THEM lp, to give as a birthday prez to my boy AllModCon4 - the only reason I was there in the first place.

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    Grabbed an Azymuth live at the copacabana (really good) today for $2. This is the same place i found aguabella's hard hittin' for 7.

• Some nice shit.

-Usha "Beautiful Sunday" (Finally tracked down that AEIOU track "No Tears in the End)

-Lee Moses "Time & Place" Maple

-Jeanne Lee "Conspiracy"

-Odyssy S/T

- Webster Lewis and the Post-Pop Space-Rock Be-Bop Gospel Tabernacle Chorus and Orchestra, Brett Borgen & Arne Falck "Menneskedoegn"

• Options

Ultra tough one-off Studio 1 rhythm with gorgeous ELlis vocals/lyrics. B side has one of the best toast I've heard - via Mr Ugly aka King Stitt.

Known as "Hurting Inside" to frat-boys. Never heard this version on any comp.

Jamaicans funky?

South Africans very funky?

K in Canada.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

Known as "Hurting Inside" to frat-boys. Never heard this version on any comp.

Have you heard the recent comps? Triple CD of this era, there's also a French series of comps- both comprehesively collect all Tuff Gong/JAD/etc singles from this period including deejay-version blanks which at least appear far more obscure than this one... I'm just trying to figure out if there's a another because its one of my favorites...

• Options
    Can't find the matrix in any of the books - waiting to hear from my friend Robert Shoenfeld (as it's not in Roots not Roots either) of Nighthawk records.

I could name 5 records of the top of my head which were (unfortunately) left off that French comp.

K.

• Also, got a private press garage comp. from Baltimore on "Dome Records."

Wow. Is that the 'Baltimore Teen Beat A Go Go' by any chance? A rare record indeed!

YUP!

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts

- Webster Lewis and the Post-Pop Space-Rock Be-Bop Gospel Tabernacle Chorus and Orchestra, Brett Borgen & Arne Falck "Menneskedoegn"

how is this nate?

• - Webster Lewis and the Post-Pop Space-Rock Be-Bop Gospel Tabernacle Chorus and Orchestra, Brett Borgen & Arne Falck "Menneskedoegn"

how is this nate?

I'm not sure. I don't play my records. I just put them up on the wall for me to fetishize. I don't want to damage them at all.

From what I hear it's very similar to his Club 7 LP but with spoke word poetry over the instrumentals (all of which are the same as the Club 7 LP)

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    oh ok. got these in the mail today

Rumple-Stilts-Skin-S/t(on Heat)
    Luther Vandross-This Close to you(luthers 2nd lp)
    Joanne Tardy-Think of this(courtesy of Indiana45's)

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Can't find the matrix in any of the books - waiting to hear from my friend Robert Shoenfeld (as it's not in Roots not Roots either) of Nighthawk records.

audio?!

• - Webster Lewis and the Post-Pop Space-Rock Be-Bop Gospel Tabernacle Chorus and Orchestra, Brett Borgen & Arne Falck "Menneskedoegn"

how is this nate?

I'm not sure. I don't play my records. I just put them up on the wall for me to fetishize. I don't want to damage them at all.

From what I hear it's very similar to his Club 7 LP but with spoke word poetry over the instrumentals (all of which are the same as the Club 7 LP)

you get that from ebay? there was one up there recently. i really want that record.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    delay, march 23rd: "i will never floss a record"

sept, 30th:

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    haha!

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts

sept, 30th:

I would looove to hear that streaking record, would acouple of mp3's be possible?

• dayday 9,611 Posts

sept, 30th:

I would looove to hear that streaking record, would acouple of mp3's be possible?

And Loot?!

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    I can't read the LOOT - is that Steve Ellis? If so, any songs on there good like the title track?