Giving my first born daughter If ID'ed

2»

Comments

• I read something that there are more slaves now (5 billion) than ever before. I think even Vice ran something about it as well.

you get your slavery statistics from Vice? Im not sure how reputable they are in the fact department

naw dunny, I said "even vice" as in even those cornballs mentioned it.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    Why isn't anyone addressing the fact that this song isn't that great anyway? I can't imagine wanting to pay more than $10 for it, if that.

• Isn't India and Ireland the two fastest growing tech markets on the planet?

I dunno man, I mean Silicon Valley was one of thee spots for technology (prob.still is) for 30 years and tons of the locals (read: Latinos) didn't exactly ride the gravy train at all.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Why isn't anyone addressing the fact that this song isn't that great anyway? I can't imagine wanting to pay more than $10 for it, if that.

But don't you understand? It's mysterious!! And GREEK!!!

Just because you can name several dollar bin OST's that are as good or better is irrelevant...because this one was a secret.

• exactly

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Economically speaking, India is a portrait of contrasts: you have unimaginable poverty throughout MUCH of the population. We're talking beyond "3rd World" conditions. Yet, you also have a significant, growing middle class population, which, given India's overall population, is pretty sizeable in sheer numbers. A country like India points out how feeble a term "Third World" is these days: you have many societies with these huge disparities between rich and poor and you can't do the situation justice with flattening descriptions like First vs. Third.

• PEKPEK 735 Posts
    Economically speaking, India is a portrait of contrasts: you have unimaginable poverty throughout MUCH of the population. We're talking beyond "3rd World" conditions. Yet, you also have a significant, growing middle class population

This is pretty evident when you're in a city such as Bangalore (which has enjoyed being a beneficiary of call center outsourcing - city badly needs new infrastructure and pollution contols like much of the country) or the main shopping mall in Chennai (formerly Madras)... Poverty is still rife throughout the country - at least the coast from Mumbai (Bombay) to Kolkata (Calcutta) - based on the time spent travelling that region...

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    FONT SIZE =7 COLOR=RED>IS THE-BREAKS STILL DOWN!!??/FONT>

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    One industry that pretty much runs on child slavery is the chocolate industry:

From the BBC:

At a run-down police station in Sikasso, a small town in Mali, the files on missing children are endless.

The sad truth is that many have been kidnapped and sold into slavery. The going price is about US$30.

In all, at least 15,000 children are thought to be over in the neighbouring Ivory Coast, producing cocoa which then goes towards making almost half of the world's chocolate.

• One industry that pretty much runs on child slavery is the chocolate industry:

From the BBC:

At a run-down police station in Sikasso, a small town in Mali, the files on missing children are endless.

The sad truth is that many have been kidnapped and sold into slavery. The going price is about US$30.

In all, at least 15,000 children are thought to be over in the neighbouring Ivory Coast, producing cocoa which then goes towards making almost half of the world's chocolate.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! This is something I stayed willfully ingnant about. That fair trade chocolate doesn't even look tasty. Oh well, time to bite the bullet.