best way to hang records?

2»

Comments

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    I'm pretty sure that there are professional record plastic covers for hanging records on a wall. my local record store has those. don't know where to get them though.

here's what i did in my old apartment:

attach a wooden slat (is that the correct word?) to your wall properly and then put your records on that slat leaning them against the wall. works well. cheap and easy. i put two of those slats on my wall. one below the other. looks dope too!

i went to home depot and found some wooden slats like these that had little grooves in them so that the lps can rest in the groove while leaning against the wall. works perfectly and it's super easy to take down and put up new records.

Can you post photos of this (even taken from the internet)? I was looking for something similar at home depot but didn't find it.

Ikea will have what you're looking for - they make them out of wood & they had a metal model, too. Its meant for displaying plates & such. When I remember the name, i'll post it.

I'm a little skeptical on the shelf-style. I think flat objects should be stored
    as upright as possible minimizing warpage due to gravity. I'm speaking from the uptight/anal artmuseum perspective.

best way to hang your record covers on a wall is putting them into picture frames anyway. dustygroove used to have some record cover frames. i bought 4 of em. look and work fine!

• what are ya'll's methods for puting your rares on the wall? i've never been able to do it with total success, shit always falls down. and i want to hang a bunch. suggestions?

http://www.covers33.biz/uk2shop-4.htm

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    what are ya'll's methods for puting your rares on the wall? i've never been able to do it with total success, shit always falls down. and i want to hang a bunch. suggestions?

yeah!!! that's them. those look awesome. you can repaper your wall with record covers with those display strips!