My sister just got back from Mississippi

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
My big sister just got back from Gulfpot and Biloxi Mississippi. She went down to help and to take photos. Here's one:You can check out her blog at http://www.zoestrauss.blogspot.com/Some real amazing stuff.

Comments

• Wow.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Amazing stuff.

• All things record relatted?

Boz Scaggs is not just in the house, but on the house:

Naw, for real your sister must be the coolest gal around.

thanks for posting this link

TCB

• yo - these are easily the best katrina-related photos i've seen.
    i'd pick out my favorites but there are too many.
    nice work cosmo's sister!

• dayday 9,611 Posts

that pic hit me in my gut.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    these are easily the best katrina-related photos i've seen.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Your sister is an amazing photographer cosmo. Thanks for sharing those.

• *adds to bookmarks*

thx cosmo

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    these are easily the best katrina-related photos i've seen.

i like how she's like "well i didn't get any great pics buuuut...."

thanks cos!

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I just looked through every picture in there and there's some BUGGED out one's.

"IF YOU BREAK THE SKIN
    YOU MUST COME IN"

• that pic hit me in my gut.

• dream come true.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    man, that entire blog is fucking raw. it still doesn't properly register in my mind, exactly how catastrophic that has been... i guess hurricane rita's gonna touch any time now too.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    BUMP(ing) it up, my peoples.

IMO, no reason why "Let A Hot-Turd Loose" should have more pages/views than this.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    AI: Battling apathy one poster at a time.

• Great Pics

• AI: Battling apathy one poster at a time.

Hurricane Rita thread is chillin', too.

PS Your sister is incredible. Massive respect for her.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I talked to her yesterday and she told me that the rest of the country really has no idea the massive scope of it all. She basicallly said that the entire part of that country is gone. Everything. Completely wiped.

The Gulf area has no more industry. No more jobs. The folks are, in Zoe's words, "In for the long haul" and after the initial outpouring of releif are basically going to be left up to their own devices and whatnot.

Now several weeks after the fact we're learning about how bad this truly was. The greater impact is more than expected.

• The media has the majority of the country thinking otherwise. Well, I guess they did their job...

• The media has the majority of the country thinking otherwise. Well, I guess they did their job...

I'm waiting for some of them to pick up on the fact that there's a war on...

• VERY NICE WORK!

• that pic hit me in my gut.

Me too.

• she's a good photographer. the pictures really bring it home the level of destruction.

i really like this picture too:

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    she's a good photographer. the pictures really bring it home the level of destruction.

i really like this picture too:

South Philly, my old neighborhood.

• Those are great.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    Those are great.

cosign, really sad though

• why is this thread only 3 stars...

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    why is this thread only 3 stars...

Because this site is overrun by a bunch of bitches and fucking idiots.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    why is this thread only 3 stars...

Seriously this is the type of shit that makes me want to give up on this site. I post some REAL SHIT up on here and it pretty much gets the stepkid treatment, and bullshit like "look at my dick" "i'm a fucking teabagger" or whatever is the hot shit for the day.

Seriously you fucking motherfuckers should be fucking ashamed of yourselves. I am fucking incensed.

• why is this thread only 3 stars...

Seriously this is the type of shit that makes me want to give up on this site. I post some REAL SHIT up on here and it pretty much gets the stepkid treatment, and bullshit like "look at my dick" "i'm a fucking teabagger" or whatever is the hot shit for the day.

Seriously you fucking motherfuckers should be fucking ashamed of yourselves. I am fucking incensed.
    PEEP...
    ]http://soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=450408&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=7&fpart=1]