BEAT DIGGIN DOCUMENTRY - DOWNLOAD....

djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
Reuploaded this one for those who missed it last time. Dope shit featuring Da Beatminerz, Godfather Don, Diamond D + many other dope underground producers talking about diggin' in the crates. Classic footage. Enjoy!http://s29.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1QT69HL4FMHMJ0PCE14WZ7P9WNpeace.

Comments

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    is this the danish one?

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Yes, directed by Jspr, who posts here too.

• Thanks, I was trying to find this after missing it last time. Much appreciated.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    thanks

• Good looking, thanks Sheeple.

• thanks

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    very nice.

"jigsaw... RRRAAAERR!"

• Haha, yea this been around for a bit. Good to see it again.

(I'm addicted to this greamlin )

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    Classic footage.

Enjoy!

peace.

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts

how does Jspr feel about it beeing spread illegaly all over the intahrweb? did he do any similiar projects besides this? real headz wants to know.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts

how does Jspr feel about it beeing spread illegaly all over the intahrweb? did he do any similiar projects besides this? real headz wants to know.

hope dude isn't pissed.

my thoughts were that it's hardly accessible, i mean, where can you even buy it, it's an old documenty and he's getting mad exposure through this anyhow...

i'm sure dudes would hit him up with a few bucks to his paypal if he posted up... like $5 or something, could make some $crillz...

peace.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    I don't think he's mad at it. Like you said, it's hard to get hold of an original, and this way the word gets spread regardless. I think he only released it on VHS. He did some other docus, one called "Tape Masters" about NY mixtape DJs (Kid Capri a.o.) and "Who's Next" about up-and-coming NY MCs (Rize, J-Zone, Juggaknots a.o.). He just finished a new docu that I think he did with Dreskiboogie, who also posts here. But I should let the man speak for himself on all this.

Paging Jspr???

• shit homey watching it right now. they could seriously use some lighting on this thing.

also what's that psych/organ beat money plays at the beginning? i saw him put it back in a disco sleeve didn't sound disco to me.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

I just did "VINYL HEAVEN" with the homey Dreskie about Danish record store owners and their thoughts on the preservation of modern music through rare vinyl. It features a.o. Michael Denner who played with Mercyful Fate and King Diamond, and who now owns a used record store in Copenhagen (where I found Rass, George Shearing, and The Prophet L-Cee). Coming soon to an art cinema near you.

Nice.

Which store does he own?

• Jspr:
    Any chance of the homies over here getting a Windows or Small QT of the Tape Masters video?
    I just finished up a soundtrack for Next (www.nextthemovie.com). I might be able to get a little run on your stuff for some of the upcoming screenings P*blo will be putting togther....

6.dos

• they could seriously use some lighting on this thing.

i like it though. godfather don is thorough and that Milano track at the end was a revelation!!!

• also what's that psych/organ beat money plays at the beginning? i saw him put it back in a disco sleeve didn't sound disco to me.

talkin about that graham nash?

uh i don't really know that's kind of why i was asking.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts

also what's that psych/organ beat money plays at the beginning? i saw him put it back in a disco sleeve didn't sound disco to me.

• also what's that psych/organ beat money plays at the beginning? i saw him put it back in a disco sleeve didn't sound disco to me.

back to the dollar bin for me.

• Denner Rocks!

Dress

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

I just did "VINYL HEAVEN" with the homey Dreskie about Danish record store owners and their thoughts on the preservation of modern music through rare vinyl. It features a.o. Michael Denner who played with Mercyful Fate and King Diamond, and who now owns a used record store in Copenhagen (where I found Rass, George Shearing, and The Prophet L-Cee). Coming soon to an art cinema near you.

Nice.

Which store does he own?

Michael Denner owns and runs Beat-Bop in the city of Copenhagen, near Nyhavn and King's Garden. They carry, as he puts it, "any vinyl that's at least 25 years old, except classical". Word!

Haha. Thanks for the info, will be sure to check it next time i'm there.

Peace.

• thanks sheep! that was very kewl.