New Three 6 Mafia Album

2»

Comments

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Man LA is on that Laffy Taffy joint right now... Joint came out of nowhere...

Seriously?

The group is called D4L--I didn't think that record was gonna get that far beyond Atlanta.

Its been requested so heavily at the local DJ shop they submitted it to Killah Kuts (I heard them convincing KK on the phone the other day that it would sell!)

• I can get boxes of that joint if people need it...

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Man LA is on that Laffy Taffy joint right now... Joint came out of nowhere...

Seriously?

The group is called D4L--I didn't think that record was gonna get that far beyond Atlanta.

Its been requested so heavily at the local DJ shop they submitted it to Killah Kuts (I heard them convincing KK on the phone the other day that it would sell!)

My friend in ATL was telling me, "Everyone's calling up the radio to request that one--even dudes!"

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    stay fly has been a huge hit in VA. i recorded 2 totally different groups "freestyling" over the song about 2 months ago. its been a hit for a while.

I can get boxes of that joint if people need it...

Errr, thanks, but...

• I can get boxes of that joint if people need it...

Errr, thanks, but...

hahah not you...store owners... that are getting it requested.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    Lots of NY play. I heard it 3 times on the radio yesterday as well as one of those "Coming up within the next half hour" jawns.

kanye said on mtv that he brings a CD-R of "stay fly" and smitty's "diamonds on my neck" to the club incase the DJ didnt have it

?

• Man LA is on that Laffy Taffy joint right now... Joint came out of nowhere...

Seriously?

That shit is blowing up on the radio... Getting mad spins across the country... I know its been in ATL for a minute, Just got on the radio out here about a week ago I guess.

somebody wants it bad

http://cgi.ebay.com/D4L-LAFFY-TAFFY-12_W0QQitemZ4769253541QQcategoryZ306QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

• you gotta be kidding me... we'll be selling that for $3.99 all day on the site...

• Get the fuck outta here! They play that shit all day here in Columbus. I wouldn't pay more than 5 for it..

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    Is it too late for stay fly to blow up for real?

I'm starting to hear it on NY radio--I assumed it was already huge in the south.

i played it 3 times on saturday and people went nuts for it...

• Somebody pull my coat-- as someone who slept on Three 6 Mafia until recently but caught the "Sizzurp" and "Spinners" twelves, what should I check out?

The World Domination album

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    At least the cover looks a LOT better. I love Three 6 Mafia, but their covers are the worst.

there's a store on the loop in stl that's selling a big painting of this.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    "Roll wit it" is the track.

Even though Kelefa Sanneh has been writing for the Times for close to two years now, it still cracks me up whenever I read the nation's paper of record printing stuff like his proclamation that Three-6 Mafia's got one of the year's best albums...

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/26/arts/music/26choi.html?pagewanted=1

Three 6 Mafia
    "Most Known Unknown"
    (Sony)[/b]

For about 15 years, this Memphis crew has been perfecting its own bewildering form of hip-hop. Early recordings combined horror-movie keyboards with mayhem-obsessed lyrics, and since then the members of Three 6 Mafia have slouched toward the mainstream. Or maybe the mainstream has slouched toward them. In a world where Lil Jon is a pop star, these hip-hop eccentrics seem less like musical stepchildren and more like godfathers. (You can hear them in the Memphis movie "Hustle & Flow": leaders DJ Paul and Juicy J produced the beat for "It's Hard Out Here For a Pimp.")

"Most Known Unknown" just be the most satisfying Three 6 Mafia CD so far. (And there are lots of them.) The album includes two mixes of the brilliant single "Stay Fly," where a stretched-out refrains reclines atop an impossibly sleek beat. Most of the tracks here are sturdy but thrillingly off-kilter: one has menacing, chopped-up voices, the next has a lush synthesizer approximation of a string quartet. Paul Wall, Remy Ma and many others contribute verses. Woozy but unexpectedly consistent, this is one of the year's best hip-hop albums.

KELEFA SANNEH

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Woozy but unexpectedly consistent, this is one of the year's best hip-hop albums.[/i]

KELEFA SANNEH

I agree.

• Me and the Three 6 Mafia tour bus at a toll booth on 95 South in Maryland

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    saying