F I V E S S E V I F F I V E S

Comments

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

Hi.

How come there's rolls of toilet paper along the walls?
    What's that drink?
    Did you guys say "I love you maaaan" at any point?

• this one:

they're kinda like 60's pop psyche, but it's the recording that makes it amazing. the drums are like percussive cotton candy.

Hi! We make good music and sing about unicorns in Swedish!

they are 100% up Damn Alley.

oh cool. thanks i was able to listen to some clips on itunes and it sounds fresh. they are playing this saturday in SF. i hope i feel better by then

• Toilet seat art was on the wall.

I was drinking 7 and 7. I dont know what iron monkey was drinking.

And I dont really remember much of what I said at all.

Toilet seat art was on the wall.

I was drinking 7 and 7. I dont know what iron monkey was drinking.

And I dont really remember much of what I said at all.

lol!

what's 7 and 7? 7-up and something?

• what's 7 and 7? 7-up and something?

7-up + Seagram's 7

love,
    a dude who don't even drank

• 1. Starting up my own business (Norcal Street Performance).
    2. Getting a lot of DJ practice in
    3. Gearing up to throw a killer Halloween party
    4. Generally feeling good, enjoying the cool fall weather that's slowly creeping in. Nothing like a coffee during the morning.
    5. Enjoying the fuck out of living in San Francisco

1. Selling my gas guzzling car to partly finance my business. Will be hard with current gas prices. I'll miss hot rodding around town!
    2. Still have lots of debt but nowhere near as much as I had a year ago. Had to juggle between starting a company or paying off debt. I think I made the right choice.
    3. Haven't hit the gym in months and it shows. Why do I continue to pay for it?

Looks like I'm up. Awesome!

• i cant believe you said 7&7. you sir, may not barf that frilly shit on my carpet ever.

• i cant believe you said 7&7. you sir, may not barf that frilly shit on my carpet ever.

Dude... 7and7s are good as fuck. and i barfed them on a jeep. and a toilet. and a parking lot. and a plastic bag on the couch.

Dude... 7and7s are good as fuck. and i barfed them on a jeep. and a toilet. and a parking lot. and a plastic bag on the couch.

delicious

i cant believe you said 7&7. you sir, may not barf that frilly shit on my carpet ever.

too bad we won't be in nyc at the same time. i guess i can pick up where you leave off, though i'm not too much of a puker.

• Hi.

How come there's rolls of toilet paper along the walls?
    What's that drink?
    Did you guys say "I love you maaaan" at any point?

It looks like ironmonkey sneezed or thought too hard and a roll of TP flew out his ear.

• My fives are all record related this time:
    Is it me or is this Impressions album criminally slept on? OK, well maybe it was just me sleeping on it. This album is great the whole way through though.

I got this in a killer house buy a couple weeks ago. Be on the lookout if you dig the early modersoul steez.

Found this with the Courtial album. This dude used to play with Cal Tjader in the 60's (he also cut a nasty latin 45 under his own name on his Wee label, not to mention the PIR Square record.) Anyway, this is probably all elementary for a lot of the regulars around here. Oh well. This album is very soulful.

Another rock-solid soul album that caught me off guard.

These turned up for dirt cheap the other day at Amoeba. That Logg album is really really good. It will be hard to let that one go. Not crazy about the Glenn Jones personally, but it will help pay my bills.

I'm going to skip the negatives since I don't really have much to complain about right now.

• Aww man... I want that record. Nice score. I've only heard Losing You. How's the rest of the LP?

DJ Ferrari

• One tracker for me, although there's a couple other grooves on there. It turns up in the bay, you will find it.

• Naw man, there's a few nice cuts on it. Ferrari, I may be selling it, I'll let you know.

• Wisdom:::

1.Dizzybull Bachelor Party[/b]: Could have ranked so much higher on the debauchery scale & I did what I could to persuade these dudes (duds) to go to Tijuana for some real crazy shit! But, these poor guys have long ago succumbed to having live-in girlfriends and weekend jaunts to Pottery Barn. Kinda sad to see all the fire sucked outta someone's soul like that, but I digress. Dizzy's my hommie and HJ is perfect wifey material. I wish em both the best. Just wanted to send dude off in style....
    So anywayyzz, we went to Hooters, hit some dive bar then off to the strip club, where I almost got kicked out about five minutes after we arrived for smacking some stripper on the ass (they love that shit). Diz had plenty o' drinks, got some lap dances then ran out the club to puke in the parking lot (cue in: photos that mylatency took). WTF?! Oh well,

I mean, it was a good time but I just KNOW it woulda been off the hook in TJ. Imagining gettin served by some 16 year old hookers, doin a bunch of coke, tequila shots, brawlin in the streets then thrown in jail. Y'know, some legendary type scenario that would have been great storytellin material for years to come.

Well, hell, it really was a cool night. After all, it made the top 5's & I haven't posted one in quite a while.

2.Heatrocks[/b]: Stunned at how much coin we were able to generate for this cause. Glad that broke ass could donate $300.00 worth of vinyl. BTW: what organization did the $$$$ finally go to? Hope at least half of it actually gets used to help folks out. I don't trust these orgs. Shit, man, I don't trust anybody.

3.the Office[/b] OK, I know, I know, very late on this. I tend to avoid the heavily hyped shit cuz it rarely holds up. This show however, delivers the goods. Not the American copycat version folls, i'm talkin bout the OG Brit series. Brilliant! Time to gather up some scrilla for the DVDs.

4.Bikram Yoga[/b]: So focused right now...

Wisdom Teeth pulled:::

1.Hearing[/b]: Got this weird clogged feeling in my right ear. Can hear out of it OK. Registers just a bit lower than the left side. Really starting to bug me & my hypochondriatic tendencies are beginning to creep me out. Anyone else ever dealt with this?

2.Women[/b]: Or the lack thereof. Did every woman in California take a solemn vow to have at least two kids by the time they hit the ripe old age of 25? I'm determined to not date anyone with kids and shit is not happening. Yet another reason I hate Orange County.

I could go on indefinitely w/ the negatives, but tryin real hard to keep it positive.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

1.Hearing[/b]: Got this weird clogged feeling in my right ear. Can hear out of it OK. Registers just a bit lower than the left side. Really starting to bug me & my hypochondriatic tendencies are beginning to creep me out. Anyone else ever dealt with this?

get your ears cleaned @ the doctor - the stuff that will come out will amaze you.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

get your ears cleaned @ the doctor - the stuff that will come out will amaze you.

Somebody (drunkenly) told me about some home ear-cleaning kit that's sort of like a long candle or something like that. You stick it in your ear, light the other end, and watch as all this nasty crap comes pouring out your ear. Has anybody tried one of these things?

• 1.Hearing[/b]: Got this weird clogged feeling in my right ear. Can hear out of it OK. Registers just a bit lower than the left side. Really starting to bug me & my hypochondriatic tendencies are beginning to creep me out. Anyone else ever dealt with this?

Somebody (drunkenly) told me about some home ear-cleaning kit that's sort of like a long candle or something like that. You stick it in your ear, light the other end, and watch as all this nasty crap comes pouring out your ear. Has anybody tried one of these things?

Yes, I used to use those candles when I had some ear blockage a few years ago. They were very effective. You can't actually see all the crap pouring out of your ear - it collects inside the candle - but if you unwrap it after it's extinquished you can see how much stuff it extracted. Just read the directions carefully. If you have health insurance it might be better to see a doctor though.

• good

1. natural high from seeing all the new leaves burst forth .. new growth has the nicest green hue to it nahmean!

2. after several years of waiting, finally got an opportunity to get at nico gomez' 'ritual' ... sure its a reish, but thats fine with me (well, until an aussie pressing surfaces at my thrift!) .. bit of a funny cover job, but the vinyl is nice n heavy

3. beer has been tasting real good lately (surprise!)

4. been having some fun with two copies of summertime

5. ordered myself a copy of the new little barrie 45 with numark remix on the flip, 2 quid at picadilly ..

bonus beat: numark plays melbourne this w/e ... I don't get hyped about too many shows these days, but numark's the man .. the quiet achiever

not so good

1. hmm, on the fashion strut tip for a second, my waist is about 32 and a quarter inches, meaning I pretty much have to get trousers/pants which are 34 .. I hate that bunching feel on the hips from having to use a belt

2. well and truely dropped the ball on the yoga tip .. got to go tomorrow night

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Yes, I used to use those candles when I had some ear blockage a few years ago. They were very effective. You can't actually see all the crap pouring out of your ear - it collects inside the candle - but if you unwrap it after it's extinquished you can see how much stuff it extracted. Just read the directions carefully. If you have health insurance it might be better to see a doctor though.

Its funny, but the candle has been proven to be a scam. The wax the collects inside the candle is from the candle. Light it, keep it away from your ear, & then look at it after a few minutes. You'll see the stuff inside it claims to extract. There is a home kit for cleaning your ear - its a big syringe that injects water in the ear canal. That shit works!

• 1.Hearing[/b]: Got this weird clogged feeling in my right ear. Can hear out of it OK. Registers just a bit lower than the left side. Really starting to bug me & my hypochondriatic tendencies are beginning to creep me out. Anyone else ever dealt with this?

Its funny, but the candle has been proven to be a scam. The wax the collects inside the candle is from the candle. Light it, keep it away from your ear, & then look at it after a few minutes. You'll see the stuff inside it claims to extract. There is a home kit for cleaning your ear - its a big syringe that injects water in the ear canal. That shit works!

That's weird because I'm positive that it cleared my ear out. I had earaches and diminished hearing before I used it and afterward all was good.

• ^^^

the candle technique is the subject of many fascinated conversations ... I think you can get it done at a naturopathy health centre, never had it done myself but others who have swear it makes a difference but tend to be a little ambivalent as to whether or not the cleaning was a good thing to do, one dude I kow reckons he felt unwell for a few days after ..

• A) A ONE ZONE BUS PASS AND THE BUS IS LATE AND YOU'RE LATE FOR WORK AND YOU CRASHED A CAR

1. Had a DREAM that I entered my car in a demolition derby. I don't remember crashing it - but I got real upset when they told me it'd cost $8500 to fix them shits. I woke up sad.

2. I REALLY crashed a rental car months ago out of state. Rental car company says my insurance don't cover it. GAH! Next step: lawyers and even insolvency and even possibly maybe bankruptcy.

B) A NEW

1. My 17 year old car is running just fine. (NOT a scion of course) Thanks.

2. Finally taking steps to leave a job that's paying rent - but ain't gettin me anywheres career-wise. (risky cause I'll be living off of freelancing and the HUSTLE)

3. Tanya Morgan's "Sunlighting" and recordings of the Squeeze Radio show.

4. Might be time for a new start in a new city. Maybe Toronto...

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

That's weird because I'm positive that it cleared my ear out. I had earaches and diminished hearing before I used it and afterward all was good.

I'm willing to be that the heat generated would melt the wax enough to make it shift into a less obtrusive area of your ear, but not get it out all together. Get your ears flushed out & see what happens. Also, wax will move itself out of your ear given time - the original obstruction might have come out while sleeping or something.

• Aww man... I want that record. Nice score. I've only heard Losing You. How's the rest of the LP?

DJ Ferrari

I just found that today for a 1$.

DJ Ferrari

Shit,

It was practically recorded in your back yard!

haha

Yeah I went back and listened again, I can't really feel anything but "Losing You".

Always a good score tho'.

At one point I had about 8 mint copies of the nice n' loud 45, now I have not a one.

DJ Ferrari

Shit,

I don't let any dudes close to my backyard. Especially no modern-soul-pirate-renaisance lookin' dudes.

DJ Ferrari

Shit,

haha

Yeah I went back and listened again, I can't really feel anything but "Losing You".

Always a good score tho'.

At one point I had about 8 mint copies of the nice n' loud 45, now I have not a one.

Must be a case of

I can pretty much enjoy it from start to finish, minus the instrumental jazz track.

• ha!

Well one thing is for sure, Errol was a hell of a lot better songwriter than Bill.
    And he sings his own compositions more passionately.