PHILL MOST APPRECIATION POST (TRSR)

ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
Dude put in serious work on behalf of that real [hip hop] shit in the "What happened to Primo? Or us?" thread. Take a day off hommie!

Comments

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    I saying, he's a one man army for the boom-bap and I have nothing bur praise for that.

• Yeah, whatever....Dude fell off. He should've never took the TITTAYS out of his auction. Boo!!!

Ha ha!!! Just kidding, Soul!!! You know I luh ya!

Herm

• P.S. Should I actually read that Primo thread? I figured it spiraled out of control so I've done my best to avoid it. Sayin', it's still bold & blue like Double K!!! Ha ha!!!

• P.S. Should I actually read that Primo thread? I figured it spiraled out of control so I've done my best to avoid it.

AVOID IT- plaese, for the love of all that is "that real shit".... avoid it!!!

And yes, I am taking the day off. Any other guardians of real hip hop can feel free to carry the torch for me, though. I am spent like a mug from all that typing yesterday. Hope it wasn't totally in vain (although I know it probably was). Thanks for the appreciation!

• Phill is a worthy opponent!

(unlike most of yall softbatch poptarts)

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Phill is the coolest. Hooks up folls with knowledge & music; G.U.N is dope & gotta give him props for putting up a hella fly heatrock. On top of it all, this might be the Flyers' year. Everything's falling into place. Now, if only the Eagles could stop the run...

peace

h

• dude makes some DOPE mixes.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    a toast to phill most

• Phil is the super hommie. The top ten lists in his column used to have a youngster baffled! He also has his OWN raer and is a cool ass dude.

• a toast to phill most

phil's got a smooth bouquet with an oaky finish. all love.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    He also has his OWN raer and is a cool ass dude.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Phill,

That dude is my brotha from anotha motha, fa real, like twins (mentally) separated from birth. It's to know I'm not the only die-hard b-boy from back then. Besides being an Eagles fan (Cowboys all the way, son!!!), the man is ill with the beats, crates, and the G.U.N. (tracks to be delivered soon). Keep carryin' that torch, bro!!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Phill is that dude!!!!!!! Phill was responsible for putting me up on a LOT of dope music. Always very friendly and would even ID tracks for me from his old tapes. Phill sent me some dope tapes back in the day. Muro and some of the Tokyo hommies were here at the crib one day and they flipped out when they saw these....
    Here we go folls, how many of you got these,

SHAZAAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• man, soulman uncled so many of today's beatdiggers its ridculous. guru sensei status....knowledge, digging philosophy, bigtittied flybunnies, sports analysis....on and on. thanks p**l

[engraveinstone]the mothra of diging[/engraveinstone]

• man, soulman uncled so many of today's beatdiggers its ridculous. guru sensei status....knowledge, digging philosophy, bigtittied flybunnies, sports analysis....on and on. thanks p**l

Truth.

• Options
    I couldn't possibly put into words how much respect I have for Phill.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Phill is a , kind of dude!

The certified Guru of this here crate digging and from what we've all witnessed - quite the conversationalist. Looks like he has beautiful kids as well, who will hopefully make contributions to the world as significant as he has.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    man, soulman uncled so many of today's beatdiggers its ridculous. guru sensei status....knowledge, digging philosophy, bigtittied flybunnies, sports analysis....on and on. thanks p**l

Dont forget his artwork skills on the comic strip tip... secret squirrel auctions and email wet mouth tech support??? he knows how I feel about him??? real weak knees heart fluttering bitch type feelings when I see him??? cling on every word he says??? got the mapquest directions from my house to his house in the favorites??? big fan??? you would not believe how at stressful moments, I study the "Off The Meatrack" cassette insert to ease my mind... I can Id all the records on his wall too, That John Danser Octet was a hard one though... the only thing I don???t know about him is his age??? and I???m calculating based on his jpeg raers???

I???m just playing??? Phill is the most???

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    The man is always on tempo, and brings something real to every discussion.
    It's certainly not his fault that he is an Eagles fan, and those mix tape covers are the absolute shit. Greed's Ultimate Nemesis has been "On the Go" status in the ride for over a month.
    Much respect to Soulman.

• He's a-ight. He did jump on my Willer Parker bandwagon (like I told him he would)mega fast. Pittsburgh headz know da drilly!!!

On the real...Most Chill is a dude I've looked up since like '93 without him even knowing about it. When we'd be in the studio in the early/mid 90's, I would study him dump tracks, how he communicated to the engineers, etc...all that boring stuff. Phill is always a professional and always a class act. He has taught me alot, and I definitely consider him a mentor of mine. Dude should have blown up (like me) a long time ago. I hope we can help each other achieve that goal w/ this G.U.N project. If we don't, fuck it homie - we made a classic! (but we will make it happen).

WAAAAAY before the days of Eminem, a skinny white dude from Guntown, Pa rockin' a raggedy Barry Foster jersey walked into Phill Most Chill's apartment in Philly to audition beats. I was kinda nervous, but as soon as I spit my first verse to "Mass Hysteria", he showed me nothing but extreme love from the second I put that mic down. I thought he might act too good, or be like "who is this little wannabe fuck?", but dude was open-minded and all about making quality music from day ONE. Now if he would just hook up that Hendrix "Little Wing" for me... "c'mon cuddo look how you play/cold shitted on ya man's, yo he thought he was fam"

• Who designed the covers of your shits Phill?
    They are so fucking tight, the fonts, the sampled images, etc.
    I love that.

I've nothing but respect for the man.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Phill is that dude!!!!!!! Phill was responsible for putting me up on a LOT of dope music. Always very friendly and would even ID tracks for me from his old tapes. Phill sent me some dope tapes back in the day. Muro and some of the Tokyo hommies were here at the crib one day and they flipped out when they saw these....

SHAZAAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chan the Man, is there anything you don't have???

Phill is the not only a Godfather of this here crate digging game, but he's also a a funny, down to earth hommie - not to mention he's soooo well spoken!

Much respect.

• Dude put in serious work on behalf of that real [hip hop] shit in the "What happened to Primo? Or us?" thread. Take a day off hommie!

he is a true inspiration to me..... the columns and website were the shit..i still go back and read them from time to time...

• YO DOGGZ THA KING IS ON DIZ REAL SHIT SUN AND DATZ MY WORDD. I STILL RUMEMBER WEN I WUZ A LITLE NUT SHPITTIN MAD BATTEL WRIMEZ ON YAHO CHAT DOGG PHILLMOSTCHILL GOT MA WPM FROM 25 TO 100 IN A WEKE SUN NO 1 CAN TUSH ME NOW. GOTZ MADD LUV FO DAT SUN IF U ANT FILLIN HIM IN YO NEK YALL IS CRAZY SHOFT

• Phill is that dude!!!!!!! Phill was responsible for putting me up on a LOT of dope music. Always very friendly and would even ID tracks for me from his old tapes. Phill sent me some dope tapes back in the day. Muro and some of the Tokyo hommies were here at the crib one day and they flipped out when they saw these....

SHAZAAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LITTLE DUDE ALERT [/b]

I've never heard a Soulman tape.....but dude i'd by them shits on the strength of the artwork.

• he is a true inspiration to me..... the columns and website were the shit..i still go back and read them from time to time...
    same here

• I've never heard a Soulman tape.....but dude i'd by them shits on the strength of the artwork.

Yeah I wouldn't mind having the whole collection of them joints!!!

Trying to make sure all of NC (from Wilmington to Asheville and all in between) hears that G.U.N. stuff!!!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Phill is totally that dude. That dude who'll school a wetmouth without laying everything out and making it too eas. That dude who'll be mad gracious and open when it comes to interviews. That dude who is hip-hop to the freaking bone marrow. Word up.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    yo, on top of all that shit mentioned here, dude is a funny mufuckah too. i remember laughing my ass off at some shit he said on the deep crates (i think it was that) video and of course his posts here.