Rap mix treat for your azzes (Cash Money Bros)

meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
edited September 2005 in Music Talk
Cash Money Brothers Vol 2. These mixes are legendary round these parts..... ill fast blends circa 94 by ex-Chicago DJ crew Cash Money Brothers. Lots of fools around these parts covet these mixes... so I figured I'd share one with yallsters, as I came up on a few of the tapes recently and bounced em to mp3s. Daze, Sketch, and other local headz know the deal.enjoy

Comments

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    DUDE!! I used to have a couple of those from like 93-94...I wish I had them still...

hit me with the cover scans if you can dude...I'd love to see those. Mine had a bunch of dudes all graf style hanging out of a suzuki samurai.

• Props, these are great. I need to get round to digitizing all my old 80's/90's mixtapes at some point.

• YO!

thanks meng

• Good looking!

Sixtizzle

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    YO!

thanks meng

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Wow.. I misss mixes like this. thanks.

- spidey

• This tape didn't leave my walkman between 1997-1998. I have Vol 4 and 11 as well.. I'm trying to get em all... I think there was like 12 of em. They also did the "Straight Up Gangsta Shit" tapes I beleive... which were equally dope. DJ Rectangle had nothing on CMB tapes.

oh yes...

didn't one of the dudes used to wear a big funny style hat with CMB on it? we chilled with him in chicago around 93-94, and i believe he made it out to a couple of the b-boy summits here on the west coast.

CMB is

• thanks for these. Bushwick Bill never sounded so good.

I wonder what happened to Rectangle. Ive still got that record with the mortal combat sounds. Sick.

• I will go thru all mine and digitize them as well.

GOOD CALL!

Man I remember being 13 and thinking ponyboy was a big celebrity. Those mixes straight kill. HEAT.

this is ill

thanks dude

• this is ill

thanks dude

• here's a few tapes I found under my bed:

dude, let me borrow those. You are one of like 15 people who own that tape of mine!!!!

dude, let me borrow those. You are one of like 15 people who own that tape of mine!!!!

dude, I'm trying to find the rest of my tapes.
    I got my homies holding it down on gathering up the entire CMB series.

Did somebody say they had mp3s of the entire WNUR time travel show???? I would like to check that out.

• nice nice, thx much for posting these...

• CueCue 26 Posts
    Haven't listened to it, but thanks in advance.

• nice nice, thx much for posting these...

• glad yall are enjoying em. I have vol. 4 but it sounds like shit. This one sounds like shit at first, then picks up.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

god damn! who is dj pony boy? Best dj name evar.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    yo! this shit is DOPE!! mutherfuckin' "everclear"! i haven't heard this since 11th grade. these blends are fresh as fuck. mc eiht and the boss!! what?!?!?! this is taking me back to carhartt beanies, goose down jackets and cutting class to watch bootlegs of menace to society.

thanks a shitload, meaty. i gotta get some more of this shit. i'll payfools if i have to.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    props, by the way. these tapes are kinda crazy.

• Yo THANK YOU Meaty!

This is some sick shit, a lot of energy and some solid blends and cuts. I got some 4 turn live radio mixes by this cat IMANI outta L.A./Santa Monica that I'll try to transfer, I bet he listened to the CMB's 'cause his style is similar. The tapes are around the same time too, 1992ish.

I miss blend tapes that were actually aLL RAP MUSIC!

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Seriously, we need to get more mixtapes like this online.

- spidey

• yeah man I fuckin loveeeee fast blend tapes like this. One verse... boom... blend... next beat... next verse... boom....

these tapes aided in progressively worsening my already whittling attention span as a youth

• god damn! who is dj pony boy? Best dj name evar.

ponyboy is boss.

I wonder if he's still around. Would be a good dude to call up.

• these are so dope, thanks for sharing

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    thanks. ill reup in a bit

ponyboy is boss.

actually me and Maker called him once to get a drop for the Meat Your Maker mixtape we did.... he lives in Cali now.. and he's in a band called Los Marijuanos. I've always heard you could get these mixes at Ford City Mall... but alas, nothin happnin'

holla

ponyboy is boss.

actually me and Maker called him once to get a drop for the Meat Your Maker mixtape we did.... he lives in Cali now.. and he's in a band called Los Marijuanos. I've always heard you could get these mixes at Ford City Mall... but alas, nothin happnin'

holla

HA!

Dude, I saw Los Marijuanos live like 5 times. Didn't know they were still doing their thing!!!!!!

Ford city used to have the mixtapes, yes. The flea markets had em all on lock too. Jumpin Muzik, Hip House...