RECENT CHILE TRIP_BRIEF NARRATION W/ PICTURES

NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
edited January 2016 in Off Topic (NRR)
Hey.

I was just recently in Chile for the last two weeks. Quite an amazing country.

By far the most advanced social and economic south american nation. There is a shit load of growth going on there. Crazy place, super thin country with Santiago 45 minutes between epic mountains and the ocean.

But still, the vibe with every person on every level is "no problem." Everything will happen when it happens, but don't forget to bring it up 5 times in order for it to get done. I love the place. Santiago is Polluted, but not Quito or Sau Paulo polluted.

The weather when I was there was all time. The streets were flooded sweeping cars away and the river was totally overflowing. It snowed in Santiago when I was there for the first time in 30 years.

We were socked in until the weather broke and we took a heli up instead of fucking with the roads. The road to the mountain is a one lane gnarly swithcback massacre with no guard rails and random dogs to manuver around. People drive so sketchy on that road. Several instant death turns.

Was there for work. Stayed at this resort. Valle Nevado.

It snowed about 7 feet in total when I was there.

When it cleared up the snow was amazing. Some of the best riding i've done. ever.

I worked every day but there was for sure time each day to take it all in.

The sunsets were all time epic.

Besides seafood, all they eat is meat, cheese, and bread.

The locals are so fucking nice it was bizarre. The people there helping our crew were so helpful.

But believe they will party your fucking ass of at 14,000 feet and wake up at 6 AM. So gnarly.

One evening we accidentally went to this gentlemans club.

Debit cards were swiped.

A person associated with our group became another participant in worlds oldest profession. I'm keeping it DL regardless if he has any shame.

We bought this Fiat 500 from a gypsy shanty town.

We ended up burning it.

Nothing could have been accomplished without help from Kiwi and Party Boy.

I didn't have time to go digging so they insisted that I go over to their parents house on the way to the airport as I was leaving. I ended up getting a few records. Some decent stuff.

Comments

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

Hey, that "Sotano Beat" is an argentinian beat compilation. And that other "Perciavalle Gassalla" is some sort of argie comedy record too.

Did they call you "huevon" all the time?

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    thats looks like fun man, those turns are radd.

you got a cool job.

LUCKY

• So chill

• nice pictures, but why'd ya'll burn the car - trying to accelerate the release of carbon dioxide to the atmosphere, the subsequent warming of the planet, and eventual melting of those snowfields

• Options

That place looks like the bottom 25 floors are snowed in.

K.

• This is now my desktop background image...

• nice pictures, but why'd ya'll burn the car - trying to accelerate the release of carbon dioxide to the atmosphere, the subsequent warming of the planet, and eventual melting of those snowfields

I agree! To me..great trip till the flaming fiat. We all do dumb shit, but that's just plain stoopid.

I agree! To me..great trip till the flaming fiat. We all do dumb shit, but that's just plain stoopid.

That FIAT was a dope little ride. Why'd you guys burn it?

• Don't worry, I'm sure it was part of the shoot!

Everything has a purpose.

Lighten up.

"Oh my god! He burned a car! The humanity!!!!!!! My bush is so sore"

Everything was cleaned up and disposed of properly. Chill.

• Don't worry, I'm sure it was part of the shoot!

all environmental damage is now forgiven for sake of advertising.

beautiful pics nate...glad you ge a lot of snow

• Everything has a purpose.

Lighten up.

Nate, I'm so sorry man. Can we hug and make-up?

• S'all one.

Everything has a purpose.

Lighten up.

just for the record

that shit is still

but i aint mad at ya bizzy

• Burning one car vs. Contributing $50,000 to the Chilean economy???

IT's a tough call.

To put it in perspective.

The Chileans, the people who live there, wanted to roll the car off a cliff when we were done. I opted to get it towed away to the junkyard.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    why ya'll hatin, like you guys woulda done anything different, if so, then you're just some nerds. that would be fun as hell to burn a car

• The Chileans, the people who live there, wanted to roll the car off a cliff when we were done.

LOL. i'm picturing that and its funny as shit
    (also thanks for poiting out the chileans=people who live in chile connection )

i always wanted to have a "smash it up" fundraiser. car and sledgehammer. $5 for 2 swings.

mack, i never really enjoyed the smell of the burning cars i have had the pleasure of being around. anyway, this story has grown tiresome

bizzo, i think i'm just dissapointed you don't have any ill chilly digging spot pics

• why ya'll hatin, like you guys woulda done anything different, if so, then you're just some nerds. that would be fun as hell to burn a car

• reskresk 391 Posts
    pics are dope. South America is beautiful.

you gotta realize, chile are made up of mostly euro blood (mostly spaniard decent), since the indigenous population was almost completely wiped out. Also, they happen to have virtually no black population unlike other south american nations. Hense, less people to oppress and throw into poverty.

Oddly, Argentina, which is almost completely all white, and almost no mestizo (little to no indigenous and blacks, other then servents), happens to be doing worse then Chile economicly.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Resk, you have to stop watching Chuck Norris movies with southamerican bad guys.

you gotta realize, chile are made up of mostly euro blood (mostly spaniard decent), since the indigenous population was almost completely wiped out. Also, they happen to have virtually no black population unlike other south american nations. Hense, less people to oppress and throw into poverty.

I'll tell you a secret: opression is not always color-skin related.

Oddly, Argentina, which is almost completely all white, and almost no mestizo (little to no indigenous and blacks, other then servents), happens to be doing worse then Chile economicly.

What? We (in Argentina) being almost all white should be economicly better than Chile just because.....of being almost white??????

The "servents" part is the best. Where did you get that?

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    dude, i liked the car burning.

i like destruction.

my friend used to live on a ranch in colorado and the dude who owned it would have a cookout/car launch every year. they would buy $50 junkers at auctions, bring it home, then launch them off a cliff. i only saw a video of it but it was pretty sweet.

• bizzo, i think i'm just dissapointed you don't have any ill chilly digging spot pics

Records in Santiago =

I didn't find much of anything there. Beat-up copies of Los Angeles Negros. Couple of Krautrock records. And some Chilean psych/folk that I left sitting because I have too many unlistenable VG- South American thrift store joints already.

Buenos Aires on the other hand was kinda

• reskresk 391 Posts
    Resk, you have to stop watching Chuck Norris movies with southamerican bad guys.

I'll tell you a secret: opression is not always color-skin related.

What? We (in Argentina) being almost all white should be economicly better than Chile just because.....of being almost white??????

The "servents" part is the best. Where did you get that?

i get this from growing up in south america

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

May I ask where did you grow up?

• reskresk 391 Posts

May I ask where did you grow up?

Santo Domingo, Ecuador and Guayaquil, Ecuador

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    beautiful pictures, especially the car burning.