2»

Comments

• Books (mostly on music)
    and
    Stamps on my passport

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    Mexican folk art

Toys (mostly japanese)

Keith Haring stuff (I still need an original though)

Anything artistic done by any of my friends

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

i never really thought of them as a collection, but sneakers are a disease just like records. these are just the Nikes and yes, i have some dunks. i like dunks.

Yeah, sneaks are a problem. I keep just picking them up when I really shouldn't be spending money on them.
    Don't get me wrong, I think Dunks are dope (I do have the black Supreme lows and the Chris Lundy lasers), but it seems a LOT of people who are into collecting sneakers have just got rows and rows of Dunks/SBs.

Maybe I'll start a sneaker 'raers' post, as I'd like to see what some of the Soulstrutters have hiding away at home...
    Delay, your stash is dope - the beige/brown 90's are ill! I just got the Sertig 90s yesterday:

Not to everyones' tastes, but I love them.
    90s are the best nikes ever made. wish they had those @ ID.

• Decks of cards

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    "vintage" t-shirts

It's weird I only seem to colect things I can use and not just display.

Specifically Size M 50/50 cotton poly blend shirts from '75 - '92

If anyone has a size M replacement for my Chuck Norris "Code of Silence" promo T-shirt hollar at me for big $$$

• i never really thought of them as a collection, but sneakers are a disease just like records. these are just the Nikes and yes, i have some dunks. i like dunks.

Yeah, sneaks are a problem. I keep just picking them up when I really shouldn't be spending money on them.
    Don't get me wrong, I think Dunks are dope (I do have the black Supreme lows and the Chris Lundy lasers), but it seems a LOT of people who are into collecting sneakers have just got rows and rows of Dunks/SBs.

Maybe I'll start a sneaker 'raers' post, as I'd like to see what some of the Soulstrutters have hiding away at home...
    Delay, your stash is dope - the beige/brown 90's are ill! I just got the Sertig 90s yesterday:

90s are the best nikes ever made. wish they had those @ ID.

I got some OG 90's. Infrared color but I forget the OG color. Got some OG Nike Legends and some other ish. The 90's with the lime swoosh are the shit. Someone start a thread.

• Options
    Decks of cards

No records allowed!

• asparagusasparagus Northampton, MA 333 Posts
    mp3s

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    Rent checks (yes landlord)

What happened to the baller graemlin?

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts

LaserDiscs. Fits conveniently in record sized shelves and is dirt cheap.

• LaserDiscs. Fits conveniently in record sized shelves and is dirt cheap.

Damn in that picture it looks like a cd. Those shits cost the same as VHS now. Digital quality? Special Features?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

LaserDiscs. Fits conveniently in record sized shelves and is dirt cheap.

i like the natural setting for this home entertainment component!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Lazy f*cker that I am, I searched out my response to the last thread like this, and here it is again (since it still holds true):

I have a collection of vintage pulp hardboiled paperbacks and hardcovers that is probably more "impressive" (as in, more raers and valuables) than my record collection...anyone who has checked out my BLOG has probably noticed my somewhat heavy-handed attempt to combine my two passions, trying in vain to make a 60's-soul/psych-oriented radio show somehow connect with Film Noir and hardboiled pulps...

This is one of my most treasured items, and gave my blog it's name, although I actually have the unabridged hardcover 1st printing in dustjacket:

I get the same rush when I find a David Goodis or Fredric Brown PBO on the shelf of some dusty basement used bookstore, as I do finding Grant Green Live LP's or an Eddie Bo 45 at a yard sale...on a trip to Chicago last year, I came back with a stack of holy grail paperbacks, my blood racing as I found each new one (mostly in one amazing store near Lincoln Park), while the record digging that I spent most of my days there doing turned up results that were only

• slushslush 691 Posts
    cats

while living in tokyo i managed to hang out daily with 30 or so cats that really seemed to enjoy onigiri . they would get real fiesty sometimes, but they'd always chill with me after i ate

+

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    Damn in that picture it looks like a cd. Those shits cost the same as VHS now. Digital quality? Special Features?
    The movie channel on the disc is actually analog which says something about how long it will last according to some rumor I heard. The quality of the picture is 15% less than DVDs I hear (don't know how researching dude came up with that) so it's pretty fucking good. You have multi-channel audio on some discs but I'm not sure on other features of this format. Kicks ass for collecting 80's classics on the cheap and there are still some art house and obscure films that only exist on LD.

• nes games
    transformers
    designer toys
    art books

• reskresk 391 Posts

i dont think i could pull of rockin those, but those are dope as hell

can we get a

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    DVDs mainly, 330 odd and counting. I'm gonna be so screwed when they start replacing them with the new formats......
    blue laser is comin.....

That's that then. I reckon I'll be digging holes in the vegas desert for my collection anytime now.
    well,there's always titles that never come out when the format changes.think about all the movies that never made it from beta to vhs,or laserdisc to dvd.or never came out on a home format at all. movie

Yeah, what I'm hoping for is that since the new format is even cheaper than DVDs to produce they'll start putting all the lost crates style releases out there again.

Otherwise it'll be back to buying my favourite movies for a third time........

• DWGDWG 334 Posts

i dont think i could pull of rockin those, but those are dope as hell

can we get a

Here ya go, sir...
    Nort Berlin have them in stock at present...

They work out at around $170, so maybe wait and see if they get a US-release. They're supposed to be Quickstrikes though, which means they're are probably only 1500/2000 pairs out there worldwide.

• I have a collection of vintage pulp hardboiled paperbacks and hardcovers that is probably more "impressive" (as in, more raers and valuables) than my record collection...

I have to admit I'm a sucker for pulp art and there is so much of it. I like the realistic stuff but also the very graphic covers of DELL with the "mapbacks". I like very crude ones too. I sort of collect them, or at least I buy the stuff.

I have a pile of covers I bought on various trips.

I made a gallery of similar covers from India and Pakistan. It's in flash.

The art of Asian below-the-counter-culture.

None of these have any value though.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    those are dope!!