What Do You Collect Besides Records?

ArtifactorArtifactor 887 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
I know we had this discussion a few months back but now with new users I think it's time for a new one.What do you guys and gals collect other than records?For me I collect-Cassette Tapes_Old Tape Players-Shoes-Kung Fu Movies on VHS-SNES Gamesprobably something else that I can't think of as well. I'll add pictures later.

Comments

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I know we had this discussion a few months back but now with new users I think it's time for a new one.

What do you guys and gals collect other than records?

For me I collect

-Cassette Tapes
    _Old Tape Players
    -Shoes
    -Kung Fu Movies on VHS
    -SNES Games

probably something else that I can't think of as well. I'll add pictures later.

Board Games

Chineese Checkers boards

Toasters (you know for, like, making toast)

I've picked up a bunch of stuff for the wife that reflect the best of American industrial design. Irons, a power drill, waffle Iron. Maybe I'll post a pick tomorrow.

Dan

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    money

• Options
    Old bike parts

45 sleeves with old store stamps (mostly for research)

12' sleeves with varying fonts of "disco" on them - got about 450 now with most being Jamaican

Noir VHS tapes and VHS in general

NES and games - I swear I could take the RBI world championship were one to be held

K.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Coffee mugs.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    girls virginity

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    money

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    gals

art

gals

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    CDs
    I guess I have a few guitars lying around the place. I also have a few collectable old motorbikes in storage too, that's quite an expensive interest though. But I would say music is the big one.

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    i would like to own all the coolest hip-hop t shirts ever came out !

i would also like to own all the coolest promo stickers ever came out !

• sorry for the repeat, i know ive posted this before but its still one o my thangs:

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

• Those are nice. How do you keep them in one place? Meaning how do you keep them at the house.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    Those are nice. How do you keep them in one place? Meaning how do you keep them at the house.

me?

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Those are nice. How do you keep them in one place? Meaning how do you keep them at the house.

Those aren't actually mine, although I have alot of those. I have 90 displayed on shelves in the living room. And probably about 15 in the record room, assorted domed ones and some vinyl boxes too. Uh and thermoses also.

• girls virginity

psshhh, you need to grow up and collect baby mamas.

j/k

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Rent checks (yes landlord)

• marumaru 1,450 Posts

breakbeatraer, yes!

• DWGDWG 334 Posts
    Sneakers (not Nike Dunks either)

Graphic/Art/Design/Graffiti books (and artwork, where possible)

World Industries-related skate stickers/catalogues (between 1989 and 1996)

T-shirts (primarily Supreme box logo shirts, it would appear)

Certain magazines (took me a while to get all issues of Dirt Magazine...)

I started down the Michael Lau vinyl toy route a couple of years back, but now I only pick up items that I *really* like.

I used to collect banned horror films (nearly all the classic gore films of the 1980's were banned in the UK), but they've re-released them over the past few years anyway.

• baseball cards
    magazines

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    DVDs mainly, 330 odd and counting. I'm gonna be so screwed when they start replacing them with the new formats......

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    DVDs mainly, 330 odd and counting. I'm gonna be so screwed when they start replacing them with the new formats......
    blue laser is comin.....

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    antique glassware
    cats - we have three and feed another three strays in the back and numerous others gravitate to our backyard and hang out

• cats - we have three

Yeah, when you have two cats people think they are cute. When you have three they look at you like you are some kind of cat freak. I did draw the line at two, but I caved easily when we found a stray kitten.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Sneakers (not Nike Dunks either)

i never really thought of them as a collection, but sneakers are a disease just like records. these are just the Nikes and yes, i have some dunks. i like dunks.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

cats - we have three

Yeah, when you have two cats people think they are cute. When you have three they look at you like you are some kind of cat freak. I did draw the line at two, but I caved easily when we found a stray kitten.

yea, our third was a stray kitten as well - found in a parking lot during a snow storm.

unfortunately, our cat reputation has meant that come christmas and birthdays, there are always cat motif gifts of the worst kind. cat picture frames, house coats with a cats-in-funny-hats print, cat cuddling with dog sweatshirts and always cartoon cat birthday cards. I shit you not.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    blue laser is comin.....

That's that then. I reckon I'll be digging holes in the vegas desert for my collection anytime now.

• DWGDWG 334 Posts

i never really thought of them as a collection, but sneakers are a disease just like records. these are just the Nikes and yes, i have some dunks. i like dunks.

Yeah, sneaks are a problem. I keep just picking them up when I really shouldn't be spending money on them.
    Don't get me wrong, I think Dunks are dope (I do have the black Supreme lows and the Chris Lundy lasers), but it seems a LOT of people who are into collecting sneakers have just got rows and rows of Dunks/SBs.

Maybe I'll start a sneaker 'raers' post, as I'd like to see what some of the Soulstrutters have hiding away at home...
    Delay, your stash is dope - the beige/brown 90's are ill! I just got the Sertig 90s yesterday:

Not to everyones' tastes, but I love them.

• cats - we have three

yea, our third was a stray kitten as well - found in a parking lot during a snow storm.

unfortunately, our cat reputation has meant that come christmas and birthdays, there are always cat motif gifts of the worst kind. cat picture frames, house coats with a cats-in-funny-hats print, cat cuddling with dog sweatshirts and always cartoon cat birthday cards. I shit you not.

So true

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    blue laser is comin.....

That's that then. I reckon I'll be digging holes in the vegas desert for my collection anytime now.
    well,there's always titles that never come out when the format changes.think about all the movies that never made it from beta to vhs,or laserdisc to dvd.or never came out on a home format at all. movie