Recent Finds

1111213141517»

Comments

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    That is a nice score. I'm especially tickled by the Everclear jukebox 45. What even were the 90s? Everclear on 45. The fuck.

I got a kick out of that too. And I thought an orange Ren & Stimpy 45 was peak 90s oddity.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    That is a nice score. I'm especially tickled by the Everclear jukebox 45. What even were the 90s? Everclear on 45. The fuck.

I didn't expect to see that one mixed in thousands of mostly country 45s.

First time in Rio and outside of North America in general. I have a lot more to show, but I'll save that for next week.

ketanbillbradleyppadilhaklezmer electro-thug beatsJimsterDuderonomy

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    ketanElectrodeDuderonomy

I gave this a good listen yesterday for the first time. Before I was only familiar with the first one but I lost the CD years ago. Condition? Found in Texas, I assume.

Electrode said:
    I gave this a good listen yesterday for the first time. Before I was only familiar with the first one but I lost the CD years ago. Condition? Found in Texas, I assume.

Yes, I found it in Beaumont, TX. It's a really strong VG+. There's a slight mark on one side but otherwise looks glossy. I'll probably end up selling it at the next Austin Record Convention. I have a mono copy of Psychedelic Sounds and a copy of Bull of the Woods also but they are both rough. 

Electrode

• No messin about, 4 glorious Detroit 45's

billbradleyklezmer electro-thug beatsElectrodeketanppadilhaJimster

• Leon Ware on the label is always a mark of quality. Nice finds.

Leon Ware on the label is always a mark of quality. Nice finds.

Dennis "Coffee", too.

A majority of these are Christmas gifts. The first three Brazilian records are reissues, of course. I'm fortunate to have friends who are on my same wavelength. "Alan Parsons Project" is their "debut" (/Dr. Evil). Hummingbird is Bernard Purdie with Jeff Beck's crew. Rare Bird has one of the best Morricone versions I have heard. I saw Andrea Centazzo play with his trio at a local universalist church last week. It was real solid of him to sell me his last copy and to throw in some of his "best of" sampler CDs from his Ictus label. He even signed an bio insert on an Italian jazz comp I found in the dollar bin a few years back. Also pictured is Bayete's auto, who I also met recently.

klezmer electro-thug beatsJimsterketan

• Damn man, I do NOT have enough record people on gift-giving terms with me in my life.

I just got back after spending four days in São Paulo, which is not enough. MoogMan, who used to post here years ago, accompanied me at a shopping center across the street from the Municipal Theater which has almost an entire second floor dedicated to record shops. Unfortunately, there is only so much time and so much cash. The Lô Borges is the '87 second press but preferable to the original that was going for five times as much. Plus it includes a ticket for a concert-in-the-park of his from July 27, 1986 (hope I have nothing planned that night! haha) a previous owner left in there.
    GibboJimsterppadilhaklezmer electro-thug beats

I went on a week long trip driving Texas Route 67 across Texas from Texarkana to Presidio with a bunch of VW friends. I didn't have much time to dig for records but was able to stop a couple times in thrift stores. These are the highlights.

ketanppadilhaElectrode

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,101 Posts
    Berkowitz Hop - Capital Punishment 

• Mal CMal C 3 Posts
    nice collectable track that 'Sounds of Night', good psych record. If you like that, might I suggest this... "Christian Brothers - The Last Hour"  Bit more manic, but simular harmonies, and great intro :-)
    klezmer electro-thug beats

• Mal CMal C 3 Posts

This has caused a bit of a stir in soul circles lately, originally a cover version of a Motown song, Marvin Gaye and Four Tops did versions.

But was also cut by 'Jimmy McFarland on RPR records, a good west coast label. Turns out the Steve Benson the producer had put it out locally on Strictly Soul Summit label, which loads of us had never seen before. Then it turns out that Betty Willis - Gone with the wind (Is My love also came out on that label, post Mojo records. Thats a collectable label with two super rarities... anyhow, gaze in wonder, it's a real nice label this one...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwYys7o-JDY

ElectrodeDuderonomyklezmer electro-thug beats

• I dig the surf to summit design