LALAL.AI

I am a huge skeptic and luddite regarding AI, but this site has been entertaining me for a week or two. It's a fake stem separator, so you upload whatever and you can hear clean, but slightly glitchy artifacted realaudio-sounding-ass drums from any track you wish. So all those songs that don't have an open break but have ridiculous drums, or ones where they're mixed real low but you suspect they might be amazing, you can finally hear it. Or at least, in the free version, the first minute of it.

Unsurprisingly if you've read my posts about it, I recommend uploading "There Was a Time" from Say It Live and Loud Dallas 1968, where Clyde Stubblefield is basically playing live drum 'n' bass bpms.

Who's got recommendations of tracks with drumming (or instrumentals generally) that would be fun to hear separated out by a technology whose typical beat is exposing overly credulous journalists and making tech industry guys sound like doomsday evangelist Harold Camping?

Comments

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    Been on a real Tony Williams bender lately, and still not really scratched the surface with "Lifetime" as it sent me on a Holdsworth trip this week.  I do know that Tony was a 24-carat MF at 16 years old.  He's pretty much bossing Miles, Ron Carter, Herbie... He's raw sheepdogging them mugs.  So I'll try with summadat when I get a mo.

Thanks for putting it on the radar.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    If it can produce something like this I'm all for it:

Drums are cool and all, but goofy-ass hard rock and heavy metal vocals are where the real gold lies.

And Jimster, you should be digging into Tony Williams' Emergency! LPs. Those go pretty hard.

Jimsterklezmer electro-thug beats

• That is so great hahaha. And yeah it totally can do that - there's loads of options - vocals only, no vocals, drums and bass, etc. I should sign up a burner so I can download and throw some shit on there. But you can upload and listen in your browser absolutely free for nothin'.

• ppadilha said:
    If it can produce something like this I'm all for it:

Drums are cool and all, but goofy-ass hard rock and heavy metal vocals are where the real gold lies.

And Jimster, you should be digging into Tony Williams' Emergency! LPs. Those go pretty hard.

Actually that Cynara song you posted in the RIP thread kinda rips on drums once you can isolate and bring them up, that's another good one.

• OK you got 25 seconds to guess it:

too easy?
    Electrode

• Keep in mind these are worse quality than it gives you, though not by that much. I'm too lazy to figure out how to record it off my system audio as it plays in the free site, so I literally record off my laptop speakers into my laptop mic lol

33 seconds for this one. harder?

DuderonomyYemsky

• OK is this one harder or easier? 15 seconds to get this one

Duderonomy