The “oh shit I just realized _____” thread

dizzybulldizzybull Eerie Dicks 328 Posts
This is the thread for shit that suddenly dawned on you. Maybe not just now, but when it hit you, it hit you. It may be obvious but you just never noticed. 

The song Benson’s Rider is a cover of CC Rider. 

In the dancehall reggae song Pose Off the melody “girls you look so sharp any time you pass in your pum pum shorts” is sung to the tune of Lambada. 

I've never seen an olive the color of olive colored skin. 

Comments

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    I only recently found out that Walter Carlos became Wendy Carlos, Roberto and Erasmo Carlos are not related, George Shearing and Eric Kloss was/is blind, China Lake in California is no longer a lake and lamb "fries" are actually testicles.

There were a couple of occasions when I had to remind two people that Benjamin Franklin was never President and that Earth revolves around the Sun and not the other way around.

• dizzybulldizzybull Eerie Dicks 328 Posts
    I’ve been to China lake! I guess it officially a dried up lake. Close to TRona pinnacles which are definitely worth seeing. Actually there is a lot of cool stuff around there. 

I did know Walter and Wendy were the same person. 

I just found out Betty Davis was miles Davis’s wife!
    klezmer electro-thug beats

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts

• YemskyYemsky 707 Posts
    I never noticed Boogie Wonderland was not written by EW&F let alone did I know this demo by the original songwriters existed.

When I found out last week, through this video...

...I was initially convinced that Allee Willis is man.
    cove

• dizzybull said:

Yo WHAT! How did I not know this

dizzybull said:

Yo WHAT! How did I not know this

VINDICATED

—————

that’s Lalo Schifrin playing the famous piano line on Quincy Jones’ Soul Bossa Nova   I found that out last year after reading the liner notes. 

——-

For yearrrrrrrrs I didn’t really think about the Phife line “bust a nut inside your eye to show you where I come from” and then one day I suddenly got the joke. 

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    I never knew "It's My Party (and I'll Cry If I Want To)" was Quincy Jones and Claus Ogerman behind the wheel.  Or that all the cock-er-nee banter in The Italian Job's "Self Preservation Society" was Quincy.  

Speaking of Quincy Jones, I just found out that the incredible Jimmy Smith played the organ on Michael Jackson’s song ‘Bad’. 

Also appearing on the credits of that album  is somebody who calls themself “How Now Brown Cow” which is freaking awesome. 

• It sounds to me like basically if you don't know who made a given hit a hit, it was probably Quincy Jones. Good rule of thumb
    DuderonomyJimster

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts
    Today I learned that Dusty Springfield sings with the Pet Shop Boys on "What Have I Done To Deserve This?" 

She's in the video with the black shoulder padded sequined blazer.

dizzybull