This Record Revival Shit Has Gone Too Far

CRABFUNKCRABFUNK 33 Posts
edited April 2021 in Strut Central
There's also one with a group of dudes rolling out of a record shop with some tagline about how we all love records or some shit, but I can't find it...Note the Stark Reality (reissue) cameo.

Comments

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Yawn... bulky shit version of something that's been around for more than half a century

PHILIPS Auto-Mignon  Musik  Die Technikfans Community

Philips 1960 Auto-Mignon  Spielend fahren mit Philips Aut  Flickr

• CRABFUNKCRABFUNK 33 Posts
    Why in this day and age does anybody need or want a turntable in his or her car?

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    The real question is how long will it take for Crosley to come up with a turntable version of the Videodrome Betamax Torso Player so influencers can shove their vinyls up where the sun don't shine?

Monster Mash Televisual and Vaginal Body Horror in Poltergeist and  Videodrome  SCREAMING HOT

ppadilha

• deezleedeezlee 298 Posts
    They made it all the way to production without running into anyone that had ever left a record in a car on a hot day?

• I love LEXUSing to my LEXUS records... LEXUS. LEXUS. Listening to "wax" in my WAX EDITION LEXUS. WEED FOR BREAKFAST... IN MY LEXUS. PUFF HERB IN EMERGENCY EXITS. I'm an avid consumer of branded content. I love "brands" and can't wait for the Earth to die.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    INTERVIEWER: So, how long have you been working on this project?
    LEXUSING DUDE: About 3 weeks.

whooooooooah dude, a whole 3 weeks? You must be neck deep in R&D, living and breathing the Lexusverse and vinyling. That must have been what, a whole entire week of just googling record players? How many pages deep did you go in your searches? Like you go past page 3 of a google search and you're in deeeep. 3 weeks, that's a lot of work bro.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    CRABFUNK said:

This made me go and buy a caguama before it's even noon yet. Also; that's exactly what reissues are made for, take them out on the beach, in the yard, play them in the sun, who cares? No need to even bother with a dust jacket.

• MiceTeaMiceTea 25 Posts
    Yea, like everything this is a re-boot. Record players in cars were a thing back in the day though it obviously seems like a terrible idea. i still have some old 45s I found in a thrift store that were specifically made for a car record player. The one in that Grand Royal poster for those that had it.

This is meh, I'm way more bothered by the fact that new records are $30! No way I'm paying for that. I'll stay in the used section. Prices have dropped so much it's like the hey day again lol.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    MiceTea said:

This is meh, I'm way more bothered by the fat that new records are $30! No way I'm paying for that. I'll stay in the used section. Prices have dropped so much it's like the hey day again lol.

Amen

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    CRABFUNK said:
    Why in this day and age does anybody need or want a turntable in his or her car?

Back in the day. I used to buy records out of a few distributors vans. They would roll up with a few hundred records and instead of people taking records into the shop to have a listen. They would have a turntable installed and have you listen in the van. Good times...

That said. I could only imagine with such a premium automobile, one could offer the holiest of rare buying experiences. You got rares to sell... But don't want nobody in the crib. And you're not to hot on the idea of going into somebodys house. Just have them sit in that car and have a listen. Get your money and ride off into the sunset.

• MiceTeaMiceTea 25 Posts
    DOR said:
    CRABFUNK said:

Back in the day. I used to buy records out of a few distributors vans. They would roll up with a few hundred records and instead of people taking records into the shop to have a listen. They would have a turntable installed and have you listen in the van. Good times...

That said. I could only imagine with such a premium automobile, one could offer the holiest of rare buying experiences. You got rares to sell... But don't want nobody in the crib. And you're not to hot on the idea of going into somebodys house. Just have them sit in that car and have a listen. Get your money and ride off into the sunset.

I heartily endorse this product and/or event!

• YemskyYemsky 707 Posts
    Maybe somebody in the Lexus Social Media team made a mistake and accidentally posted this on March 19th instead of April 1st. 

• dizzybulldizzybull Eerie Dicks 328 Posts
    It’s basically Pimp My Ride but a decade late and not funny. 

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    dizzybull said:

Pimp My Ride had worse ideas than this.  Like, a pool table in the back of a truck.  Elon Musk and SpaceX would struggle to automate the constant self-levelling required for that to work.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    Jimster said:
    dizzybull said:

Pimp My Ride had worse ideas than this.  Like, a pool table in the back of a truck.  Elon Musk and SpaceX would struggle to automate the constant self-levelling required for that to work.

just mount it on some segways

• you could, if you were nuts, probably put a mini pool table on a beefy camera gimbal like they mount on drones/steadicam rigs that'd work ok... i smell goldmine

• Wow, can you believe that I've not seen one of these til now...wow!!