Rock Breaks - The Angela Lansbury Workout Mix (2011)

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited May 2015 in Strut Central
This continues to be one of my favorite mixes ever submitted to the site. My ADD A.S.S. tends to favor half hour mixes like this packed to the gills with ill grooves and breaks jacked from random old rock records. It's just enough to take up Side A of a cassette. Nonetheless... this made it past the Soundcloud censor illuminati too! Njoy!

DStrangelovelambo

Comments

• kicks79kicks79 1,333 Posts
    Thanks for that Raj

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Can we get an ID on the track at 28:10. I think I recall Buck 65 or Sixtoo sampling this at one point.

- Damo

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    daaamn!!!

• TheForceTheForce 21 Posts
    SPlDEY said:
    Can we get an ID on the track at 28:10. I think I recall Buck 65 or Sixtoo sampling this at one point.

- Damo

Ars Nova - Please Don't Go Now

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    BallForceOne said:
    SPlDEY said:

- Damo

Ars Nova - Please Don't Go Now

Yeah. That track is rediculously good.

Here's another one I like from them:

• RAJ said:
    This continues to be one of my favorite mixes ever submitted to the site. My ADD A.S.S. tends to favor half hour mixes like this packed to the gills with ill grooves and breaks jacked from random old rock records. It's just enough to take up Side A of a cassette. Nonetheless... this made it past the Soundcloud censor illuminati too! Njoy!

I just stumbled about this mix and I'm wondering if someone form the Soulstrut community can help identifying the artist/band of the track at 23:58 min (the track before Egg - Fugue in D Minor). Many thanks in advance!

DStrangelove

• lambolambo Former Lambert1 Post
    What's up Strut? Thanks for the share, Raj. Going to take this for a spin on my next run. Reminds me of recently discovering weird breaks in the original Muppet Movie soundtrack.
    klezmer electro-thug beats

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    RAJ said:

I just stumbled about this mix and I'm wondering if someone form the Soulstrut community can help identifying the artist/band of the track at 23:58 min (the track before Egg - Fugue in D Minor). Many thanks in advance!

DStrangelove

Got this in storage. Christian rock (IIRC), aside from the 3 second drum break, rest of the LP is flaming turd. I digitised the break but didn’t even bother with the name, sorry (got it filed as JesusBreak8).

Mainly wanted to cosine that this is a really great mix. Moar!

• lambo said:
    What's up Strut? Thanks for the share, Raj. Going to take this for a spin on my next run. Reminds me of recently discovering weird breaks in the original Muppet Movie soundtrack.

I remember downloading some awful rap track that had what I was sure was Dr Teeth's voice in the (not awful) instrumental loop, now you got me thinking I was right...

• No one from the Soulstrut community can tell me the the artist & track name? Can't belief that....

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    Can't belief that....

Have faith...

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,459 Posts
    i peeped the first few minutes of this and downloaded it, i love shit like this, thank you!

• What's up Soulstrut community, no one who knows the track?

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    2nd Chapter Of Acts "The Devil's Lost Again"
    DuderonomyDStrangeloveklezmer electro-thug beats

• Hi Electrode, many thanks, you made my day!
    Electrode